Dimitris Eleftheropoulos (Sienna)

Vaggar

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

no he hasnt played a single game...

i am not sure but think i read omething that was waived by roma. the problem then would be that he cant switch a third time in one transfer season. so it might well be hes without a team right now.

he is still listed ion romas homepage though.

Very strange... It seems that he still plays for Roma though.

That's sad what is happening to him, he is a great goalie.

• 2 months later...

Eleftheropoulos is on Roma but he hasn't mad an appearance.

http://www.asroma.it/LaSquadraDoc.aspx?Numero=4246

From the picture he looks like he has been through hell too.

I have no sympathy for Eleftheropoulos! He could always go to a smaller team in Serie A or Spain and play, instead he wants to sit his arse on the bench and collect his wages! He has sacrificed a career for money! Disgraceful!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

None of us really know what goes on with Elef....but from what appears to be happening to us looking in, the guy is a screwball.

He is relatively talented, still quite young for a keeper but he rather play 3rd fiddle and collect pay cheques than play regularly for a lesser club!

I wonder if he reaches the age of 50 when the glory is over if he will have regrets for not putting his career ahead of sitting on the bench.

I read how Australia's keeper Mark Schwartzer of Middlesbrough was wanted by Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea but he was never guaranteed the number one, so he never took these offers so he could continue to play.

I guess some people have different motivations and goals.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

saw some highlights vs Roma & he was getting bombed & stopping everything in a 1-1 tie.... In typical fashion the one that went in was a softy

From what you saw would you say that he is the natural successor to Nikopolidi or is he finished?

Archived