Phantis Forums

Congratulations!

GS1905

:gr: Not only by making me a billioner, also one can say Greece have done everything right in this EURO! i was really really overjoyed by the final win over Portugal. A team given 80-1 before the competition has risen to wipe out all the big names to become deservedly champions! I can say that most of the Turks are enjoying this uncreditable but genuine achievement. Though i know there are silly ones who are blaming the Greeks for playing overdefensively, i do think that this was the best tactic. Once in CM 00-01, i reached the Finals of 2002 WC with Greece, losing out to Holland 2-3 after leading 2-0 on 62 mins. Anyway, this has been a fantastic team and i hope that they will be a fantastic team in the future... By the way, we'll be proud to host the European Champions in Istanbul for the WC Qualifiers Fixture. i do hope that both Greece and Turkey go thru from that group and not the tricky Danes or the slippery Ukrainians...

Here are my marks for Greek players thruout the tournee... Expecting your views;

1. Nikopolidis: 7.5 (solid thruout but seemed terribly shaky in the crosses esp against the French, consistent)

2. Seitaridis: 7 (had a bright start against the Portuguese but it was in the Czech game that he woke up after that, needs to improve his defensive play)

5. Dellas: 9 (world class performance, only a few faults against Russia)

19. Kapsys: 8 (marvellous against Koller, brilliant man-marker, seems that Hakan Sukur has a lot to do against him in the Qualifiers)

14. Fyssas: 7.5 (never looked attractive but was frequently effective)

6. Basinas: 7 (just like Seitaridis he had a perfect start in the opening game but till then he went asleep till the Czech game)

21. Katsouranis: 7.5 (it was his near post sprint that gave Haristeas move to score against France, seems quite shaky with the ball though)

7. Zagorakis: 9.5 (he was the player of the tournament, don't remember him to have made a single mistake in 6 games)

15. Vryzas: 7.5 (scored the most critical goal in Greece's history, holds the ball up well but it's not the Vryzas of two-three yrs ago)

9. Haristeas: 9 (the target man who kicked the asses of Spain, France and Portugal respectively, so pacey for a 1.94-tall man)

20. Karagounis: 6.5 (played a key role in group stages but only as good as that, disappointing)

8. Stelios: 7.5 (did not play as much as i expected but he was a reliable performer thruout)

10. Tsartas: 8.5 (the saviour or in NBA terms go-to-guy in Greece football, played for only 82 mins in the whole competition and ended up with 2 assists, 2 shots on goal and 5 danger passes)

22. Dimi: 7.5 (hardly played but had a crucial assist against Russia)

3. Stelios II: 6.5 (horrendous against Russia for a starter, mediocre against Portugal for a sub)

11. Demis: 6 (the disappointment of the tournament for Greece but that will be forgotten after that beautiful trophy)

BRAVO KOMSU!!!

We're Proud of You!!!

The high that im on now...i would say just give them all a 10, even to those who didnt play...

i agree on most of u ratings though..maybe 0.5 her n there difference.

Though karagounis, wasnt disapointing, dont know what people were expecting from him, especially with our style of play.

yeah those players all deserve a 10 you are horribly mistaken. they gave there heart and soul and did the unthinkable

and Karagkounis Kicked ASS. you must be blind. He did exactly what was wanted of him, to hold the ball, keep possesion, work hard and win fouls.

Seitaridis was world class i dont think that can be debated, he is one of the best right backs in the world.

and Nikopolidis was also awesome -- most underrated goalkeeper in the world FINALLY gets some recognition

yeah those players all deserve a 10 you are horribly mistaken. they gave there heart and soul and did the unthinkable

and Karagkounis Kicked ASS. you must be blind. He did exactly what was wanted of him, to hold the ball, keep possesion, work hard and win fouls.

Seitaridis was world class i dont think that can be debated, he is one of the best right backs in the world.

and Nikopolidis was also awesome -- most underrated goalkeeper in the world FINALLY gets some recognition

buna zafer sarhoslugu derler :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ...

no doubt they all played with their hearts, body & soul but once you do not see the defects, than you'll have problems! see our NT for more details :lol: :lol: :lol: !

I too believe that Karagounis was great!!! He did exactly what he was meant to do.. Kept the ball frustrated the opponents and won so much time through the free kicks that he was getting!!!

I would give him a 9!!!!

As far as the others? I think that our friend the Turk kas kept some points for his own National Team... :P

Here are my ratings...

Nikopolidis 9 (Apart from a few mistakes he was perfect)

Seitaridis 9 (Excellent. Haven't seen him play like that at PAO)

Dellas 10 (Better than Nesta)

Kapsis 9.5 (He completely won his opponents, especially Koller and Trezeguet!)

Fyssas 9 (Very good defending as well as attacking)

Katsouranis 9.5 (Clearly he is going overseas!!! Probably Real or Milan!!!)

Basinas 9 (Veru good Indeed. Thats the Basinas we want for PAO, not the crying Bitch)

Zagorakis 10! (No words for him...)

Karagounis 9 (Normally he would have got a higher grade but he missed 2 matches)

Vryzas 8.5 (Although he did not score he has done a great defensive work)

Charisteas 10 (Great attacker, he only missed that great chance against Russia)

The Rest...

Giannakopoulos 9 (very good much better than I expected)

Papadopoulos 7 (He was not ready, perhaps rehaggel should have given him a bit more time)

Nikolaidis 5 (Dissapointment)

Lakis 5 (dissapointment)

Venetidis 6 (Not much)

Tsiartas 8 (Very good Passing)

Not bad predictions The Turk, but here are my predictions throughout the tournament:

Nikopolidis 9(A few mistakes here and there, but made key saves that saved Greece in the Quarters and semis...even the finals..made me nervous with those balls that just went wide!!!!! :unsure: )

Seitaridis 9.5 (Played great, especially against Baros!!)

Dellas 9.5 (Played terrific, got the win for Greece in the Semis)

Kapsis 9 (Great save with headers galore)

Fyssas 8 (Played great, not spectacular, but showed some great skill)

Katsouranis 8 (Great....that's all I can say)

Basinas 7.5 (Played great in the EURO 2004 opener, but after that it went downhill....until the semis)

Zagorakis 10+ (He deserves a higher ranking than ten....FANTASTIC!!!!!)

Karagounis 8.5 (Played pretty well, especially in the opener, got some key free kicks for Greece too)

Vrysas 7.5 (He did get the goal that brought Greece to the Quarters...but besides that....I didn't see that much...but he did play pretty good)

Charisteas 10 (Great headers, great finish!)

Giannakopoulos 8 (played alright....yup that's about it)

Papadopoulos 7 (was not prepared at all, did get that yellow card in the final just after he got on...)

Nikolaidis 7 (He did show some experience, had some god chances..but didn't produce)

Lakis 6.5 (nope...did not impress me)

Venetidis 6 (I would give him a higher ranking, but onl yif he played more, when he played, he didn't show that much)

Tsiartas 8.5 (Played great when we needed him....wow still can't get enough of that corner he took)

But now that I think of it, it doesn't matter how we rank them...cause now I think they all deserve 10s. They proved the world wrong, in a classic fashion. Made me so proud to be a Greek!!!! :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

Archived