Phantis Forums

Group D - matchday 3

Irlandos

Today's games:

Holland - Latvia

Czechland - Germany

The Czechs have already qualified and have stated publicly that they will be resting their key players for the quarterfinals v. Denmark.

Germany are through with a victory while Holland must win AND hope that Germany do not.

The probable lineup for the Czechs:

Blazek; Jiranek, Bolf, Ujfalusi, Jankulovski; Plasil, Tyce, Vachousek, Smicer; Lokvenc, Heinz.

According to the official Euro 2004 site www.euro2004.com

this one was in the newspapers today

Blazek

Hubschmann - Rozenhal or Ujfalusi - Bolf - Jiranek

Plasil - Tyce - Smicer - Vachousek

Heinz - Baros

no Neved, Rosicky, Poborsky, Cech, Galasek, Grygera & Koller

Germany (4-5-1) - 1-Oliver Kahn; 3-Arne Friedrich, 4-Christian Woerns, 5-Jens Nowotny, 21-Philipp Lahm; 8-Dietmar Hamann, 6-Frank Baumann; 7-Bastian Schweinsteiger, 13-Michael Ballack, 22-Torsten Frings; 10-Kevin Kuranyi.

The Czechs will gift the game to the Germans, their friends to the west.

you're being ironic no? ;)

czechs &germans are rivals, like belgians &dutch people or greeks &turks

I can't imagine one of these give the game to the other ;)

+ they want revenge for the '96 final

the subsitutes of the Czech stars still will give their 100% best shot to make sure they win

the other game

Probable teams:

Netherlands (4-3-3):

1-Edwin van der Sar;

2-Michael Reiziger, 15-Frank de Boer, 3-Jaap Stam, 5-Giovanni van Bronckhorst

20-Clarence Seedorf, 8-Edgar Davids, 6-Philip Cocu;

7-Andy van der Meyde, 10-Ruud van Nistelrooy, 19-Arjen Robben

Latvia (4-4-2):

1-Aleksandrs Kolinko;

7-Aleksandrs Isakovs, 2-Igors Stepanovs, 4-Mihails Zemlinskis, 6-Olegs Blagonadezdins;

8-Imants Bleidelis, 14-Valentins Lobanovs, 3-Vitalijs Astafjevs, 10-Andrejs Rubins;

11-Andrejs Prohorenkovs, 9-Maris Verpakovskis

Referee: Kim Milton Nielsen (Denmark)

you're being ironic no? ;)

czechs &germans are rivals, like belgians &dutch people or greeks &turks

I can't imagine one of these give the game to the other ;)

I don't know. I grew up in the Czechland, and can thell you that the Czech were always looking up to the Germans. When I lived there, the big rivalry (or hatred if you prefer) was between the Czechs and the Russians - on the big scale, and later on between the Czechs and Slovaks to a lesser extent. Now, I have not been to the Czech Rep. since 1993, so I might not be aware of the any changes in the rivalries between them.

Myself, I would like to see the Dutch qualify along with the Czechs, since I always liked the way they play football, but unfortunately it depends on results by other teams.

That comment wasn't fair as the German attacking game picked up in the 2nd half with some very good chances to score.

Btw, can someone explain why we have Germans called Novotny and Podolsky and Czechs called Heinz and Hubschman? :unsure:

damned

the Germans had some great opportunities to score but they didn't (played nicely the second half)

+ no penalty was given when the Czech keeper clearly just pushed away with both hands a german striker

at the other hand it was quite impressive to see a national b team (czech rep) play so strong

and the Dutch playerd good but scored

1-0 on a penalty which never was a penalty

2-0 Ruud, offside (again)

so in two games Latvia did not get the 2 penalty's they had to get (against germany) and get a crazy penalty and an offside goal against them (against holland)

That comment wasn't fair as the German attacking game picked up in the 2nd half with some very good chances to score.

Btw, can someone explain why we have Germans called Novotny and Podolsky and Czechs called Heinz and Hubschman? :unsure:

*pom pom pompompom*

neeeeeeighbours

everybodyyy needs good neeeeighbours

Archived