Phantis Forums

Hellas - France: Quaterfinals

slick13

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may seem like a great achievement to those of you who are younger but to me, in the Autumn of my years, it seems huge!

I was brought up with stories of 7-1 scores and humiliation at the hands of the better teams of Europe. I lived through 4-1 home defeats, through times when players did everything they could to get out of National Team "duty".

Then this German came along. Many didn't want him. Some said he was too old, some said he was too "German". He didn't have Domazos, Nestoridis, Papaioannou, Hadjipanagis to work with. He just took the best this nation had to offer him. He laid down a couple of principles: teamwork and patriotism and look what he achieved! Our little country, on the end of the Balkan peninsula, made it to the semis of the European Cup, defeating those who were accustomed to beating us 7-1!

I feel like saying "Thank you!" but that would be too little, too poor for the happiness and national pride that this victory has brought me and all my fellow Greeks, wherever they may live.

bloody awesome as a greek in australia i think i woke up the neighbours who cares this is the best feeling well done to the 14 iroes who play for the jumper and all greeks around the world . its awesome to think we are in the best 4 countries in europe . who knows whats gonna happend maybe its our yr. WELL DONE TO THE Architecht of this win King OTTO we greeks bow down to u

Well done ELLAS!!!!!! Charistaes did a "trademark" header (Great set up by Zagorakis!) Kapsis and Dellas played great on defence, and Fyssas......wow....Fyssas played great. He almost had that goal in, but Barthez just got a touch on it!!! There's many more things I'd like to say, but I'd rather say that the whole team played better than ever. IT'S A GREAT DAY TO BE A GREEK!!!!!!!!!! BRAVO ELLAS!!!!! :nw: :nw: :nw: (hail King Otto!!!! :tup: )

Archived