Phantis Forums

Nikopolidis in Red

m_kafes

What will you do when Nikopolidis comes to play in Leoforos as an Olympiacos player?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What will you do when Nikopolidis comes to play in Leoforos as an Olympiacos player?

• Boo the player
    • Chant "Antoni Vazela peta ti fanela"
    • Ignore him completely
    • Root for Chalkias

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Filoi Panathes:

I am certain that if Antonis had a strong offer from the EPL, he would have been there already, there is absolutely NO proof of that!

I know very well how much he wants to play there, he has said it repeatedly

The Fulham story was just rumors, and I am positive these were spread by the vardinokaulides to take attention away from the CRIMES they committed against Antoni and the Greek NT, by treating him like garbage and leaving him to rust, ahead of the Euro 2004 where we NEED him more than ANY other player.

I would be booing that katharmata Zaets and management, NOT the ONLY Greek goalkeeper to play for the FIFA WORLD selection :angry:

How easy we forget that Greece is in the Euro mostly because of HIM

His saves allowed us to defend our narrow wins and advance.

Remember vs Ukraine in the last seconds?

The power that vardinokaulis has in the media, politics and sports is overwhelming for Antonis

He has NO chance to defend himself from their lies and deception.

I bet all you boys that are drunk of happiness, since PAO is the double winner would be thinking much differently if we had not won anything...

Then Niko would be a hero and vardinokaulis the bad guys

Now we all think we can do it without Antoni, jut like we thought we could do it without Karagounaro and soon without Seitaridi or Bassina?

Nikopolidis is one of the greatest PAO and NT players ever.

He endured years of bench warming behind Wandtzik and when his time came he was amazing.

I have been VERY much against the treatment he received from the ungrateful owners of my team

If he had gotten 500k euros, he would have signed, but the kavourogiannis decided to insult him for an extra 100k euros, while spending 800k for Gonzo.

I am 100% behind Antonis and DO NOT BLAME HIM for talking to kakali.

If kakalis values Antoni more than vardinokaulis does, then that says it all!!!

I would have liked to see him sign in England where he really wanted to play

His EPL experience would have helped our NT as well

As a side note I have to say that it will be strange to see him play for gauro

I know he will be the best goalie gauros has had since Sarganis and for that I blame ONLY the kavoures that gave him 400k when kakalis offered 700k :tdown:

Was there a "gentleman's agreement" between PAO and gauro, that they would not go after each others players?

I do not hate any Greek team, including gauros

This might be hard to understand by gauro fanatics that have repeatedly tried to convince me otherwise

The ones I do disapprove off, are those fans who behave like blindfolded morons, and let their fanatic attitudes fog any little judgment they might have left

Booing Antonis is INEXCUSABLE no matter what team he signs with

Remember he was DRIVEN out of PAO and did not leave by choice, or took less to go to gauro...

He did what any footballer would do today, and went with the higher bidder

Are the fans going to pay for his retirement?

Good luck in the Euro ANTONI

We need him in form badly, if we are going to do anything in Portugal

As far as those bastards that own PAO, nothing they do surprises me anymore

They are the ones to pocket the CL money without giving it back to the team,

the ones to bring puppet Scum,

they are the ones to insult Warzycha by not including him in the team in the cup final and the list goes on and on...

Lyberopoulos, Saravakos. Domazos ...to be continued

PS:

Enjoy the celebrations while they are fresh.

This team with this coach will be a disaster in the CL,

oh but yes, we could win a dozen doubles and become like the ones we "hate"...

PEACE

he had a choice...he has a whole transfer period ahead of him and could have gotten signed for more money by a better club then the gays...he has had 15 years to learn about the bitter rivalry between the two teams...i know we treated him poorly but he has turned his back on the club that he has spent 15 years with..and to no more then the bitter rivals..that doesnt say much about his character at all...iu thought antoni was better then that...not only is it not professional, but it is not moral at all.....

we were not booing him because he is a bad keeper...he is an amazing keeprer...no doubt the best in greece and top class in the world (which is more proof on how he could have gotten signed by a better team) we are booing him because he has turned a 18-0 and has turned his back on PAO and went to our ETERNAL RIVALS.....

i do not blame him for leaving the club..i blame him for moving to Olympiakos....

"PS:

PEACE"

we will see about europe....you are a true fan of pao and i know it...try and have a little bit of faith..no one thought we would win anything this year and look...now we have two trophies...we will see..there is a whole summer period ahead of us..we will see if shoum leanrs from his mistakes...we had no faith in the team for the first half a season..l.now we have accomplished something we havent done in 7 years...win a trophy....

Well as my 1st post here and a PAO fan in montreal, I think I just entered the lion's den B) 

Even though I'm not totally familiar with all the "craziness' and the happenings in greek soccer, I think if you're management or especially a player you look after your own interests whether you're going to cause a problem between yourself and your loyal fans. Who will ever know the truth and facts about this whole story of Antoni's decision or the way management handled the situation.

Ton efhome kai tin elliniki omatha kali tihi sto euro'04. Efhome na glentisoumai!

If Nikopolidis was a true professional he could have taken even more money from Fulham, but he decided to take less and go to Olympiakos. There is no excuse for that.

I don't think you have to be a true professionol to get more money and what excuse? He does what makes him happy. Maybe He could have gone to Fullham if those rumours of that team wanted him or not, but I think He'd rather stay in Greece, and join another strong team to also have the chance to play in champions league, uefa cup, or he wants to end his career there.

Obvioulsy I'm not embedded in the stadium of greens, my blood isnt green and my perception isn't the same so maybe my attitude be different if I lived there.

As for PAO fans booing him initially, well it could be just for fun cause you feel like joining the crowd but eventually I guess that stops. Maybe I shouldnt compare the fans here as to over there ;)

But, what a shame though some "fans" resort to violence cause they have nothing better to do and ruin it for everyone else. Major :tdown:

he had a choice...he has a whole transfer period ahead of him and could have gotten signed for more money by a better club then the gays...he has had 15 years to learn about the bitter rivalry between the two teams...i know we treated him poorly but he has turned his back on the club that he has spent 15 years with..and to no more then the bitter rivals..that doesnt say much about his character at all...iu thought antoni was better then that...not only is it not professional, but it is not moral at all.....

we were not booing him because he is a bad keeper...he is an amazing keeprer...no doubt the best in greece and top class in the world (which is more proof on how he could have gotten signed by a better team) we are booing him because he has turned a 18-0 and has turned his back on PAO and went to our ETERNAL RIVALS.....

i do not blame him for leaving the club..i blame him for moving to Olympiakos....

"PS:

PEACE"

we will see about europe....you are a true fan of pao and

i didnt mean moral for his life re...i ment in the context of football...the worst thing a player could do would be to go to the rival team (ie Figo from barcelona to madrid) they still throw pig heads at him when they play at the nou camp....dont get me wrong..i wish him success with the national team...i hope the national team rips sh*t up in portugal..i will be cheering just like the next person, but club wise, antoni did leave us for the "enemy"...

its like hookers they take what they can

ps. i think adoni thought that if he did not make it in england he would become a laugh, thats why he went to oly! cause when they play in euro they are always a BIG laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Filoi Panathes:

I am certain that if Antonis had a strong offer from the EPL, he would have been there already, there is absolutely NO proof of that!

I know very well how much he wants to play there, he has said it repeatedly

The Fulham story was just rumors, and I am positive these were spread by the vardinokaulides to take attention away from the CRIMES they committed against Antoni and the Greek NT, by treating him like garbage and leaving him to rust, ahead of the Euro 2004 where we NEED him more than ANY other player.

I would be booing that katharmata Zaets and management, NOT the ONLY Greek goalkeeper to play for the FIFA WORLD selection :angry:

How easy we forget that Greece is in the Euro mostly because of HIM

His saves allowed us to defend our narrow wins and advance.

Remember vs Ukraine in the last seconds?

The power that vardinokaulis has in the media, politics and sports is overwhelming for Antonis

He has NO chance to defend himself from their lies and deception.

I bet all you boys that are drunk of happiness, since PAO is the double winner would be thinking much differently if we had not won anything...

Then Niko would be a hero and vardinokaulis the bad guys

Now we all think we can do it without Antoni, jut like we thought we could do it without Karagounaro and soon without Seitaridi or Bassina?

Nikopolidis is one of the greatest PAO and NT players ever.

He endured years of bench warming behind Wandtzik and when his time came he was amazing.

I have been VERY much against the treatment he received from the ungrateful owners of my team

If he had gotten 500k euros, he would have signed, but the kavourogiannis decided to insult him for an extra 100k euros, while spending 800k for Gonzo.

I am 100% behind Antonis and DO NOT BLAME HIM for talking to kakali.

If kakalis values Antoni more than vardinokaulis does, then that says it all!!!

I would have liked to see him sign in England where he really wanted to play

His EPL experience would have helped our NT as well

As a side note I have to say that it will be strange to see him play for gauro

I know he will be the best goalie gauros has had since Sarganis and for that I blame ONLY the kavoures that gave him 400k when kakalis offered 700k :tdown:

Was there a "gentleman's agreement" between PAO and gauro, that they would not go after each others players?

I do not hate any Greek team, including gauros

This might be hard to understand by gauro fanatics that have repeatedly tried to convince me otherwise

The ones I do disapprove off, are those fans who behave like blindfolded morons, and let their fanatic attitudes fog any little judgment they might have left

Booing Antonis is INEXCUSABLE no matter what team he signs with

Remember he was DRIVEN out of PAO and did not leave by choice, or took less to go to gauro...

He did what any footballer would do today, and went with the higher bidder

Are the fans going to pay for his retirement?

Good luck in the Euro ANTONI

We need him in form badly, if we are going to do anything in Portugal

As far as those bastards that own PAO, nothing they do surprises me anymore

They are the ones to pocket the CL money without giving it back to the team,

the ones to bring puppet Scum,

they are the ones to insult Warzycha by not including him in the team in the cup final and the list goes on and on...

Lyberopoulos, Saravakos. Domazos ...to be continued

PS:

PEACE

GRRRREEEEAATTTT POST!!!! in full support of your views! ;) B) :) :nw: :tup: :rolleyes: :not: :hypocrite: ;)

we will see about europe....you are a true fan of pao and  i know it...try and have a little bit of faith..no one thought we would win anything this year and look...now we have two trophies...we will see..there is a whole summer period ahead of us..we will see if shoum leanrs from his mistakes...

File PAO123

NO other competition in ALL of sports makes me happier than the great Euro runs that we have been blessed to enjoy from our beloved trifillara

Those six games PAO plays in the CL, are the season for me

Most fans give me grief, because I only value the international comps

If you have noticed I have been absent for a while

I did cheer for our 3-1 win at the cup final and for all three Manolis' goals that gave us the double

However I still do not think we have a good team or coach

I hope you are correct about your optimism, and I did mention that we need TRANSFERS

What matters is the Euro and the CL

Scum cannot afford to learn during the CL group games it will be too late

I do not want PAO to think that by winning the double we have the monkey off our back and we can do it with the present team

This team needs plenty of improvement before it becomes close to the ones that made it to the Qf of CL and UEFA

Hey I wanna cruise the streets with my greek flag at least once then I'll be happy 

Basketball has given me the opportunity to do this 5 times :tup:

European champions , 4rth in the world (twice) / Greek NT

PAO TRIPLE Euro champs :D

We were so close in 96 after the 0-1 at Ajax...

MAY FOOTBALL be next

PEACE

This subject has been covered in all sides, but I'd like to reiterate how I see it:

1. Players are professionals who should get the maximum compensation for their talents. This means that they can go to a team hated by fans of their previous team. Accordingly, they can use any legal method and public relations to get what they can get. This doesn't bother me. Those of us who talk about "sacrifices" as long as THEY don't make any, would do the same in Niko's position. No one knows how long a player can make good money. Niko hasn't been rich exactly, compared to other idiots who've played for PAO and have made lots but gave little.

2. Yes, it bothers me that Niko left PAO, but I understand. Niko was being benched while being Greece's #1. Scum played dioikisi's stupid games.

3. Yes, it bothers me that he signed with gavroi. I recognize his talent and will applaud if he makes a great save. I want our players to score plenty against him.

4. I judge players by what they have offered to my club, and how they behaved while they served there. That's all I ask. Niko was a true Panatha, and I would have liked other players to have behaved/contributed likewise.

5. My beloved club should have kept Niko, even at the price OLY is paying him now.

We need to treat our "team flags" with respect. Warzycha, for example, should have been included in the last game, and if possible put in the 90'.....

I'm ecstatic about our titles this season. BUT, BUT, I'm still not convinced that we have a great team. Shum is obviously staying, but I'm very, very worried about our euro run next season. I do hope I'm wrong about this.

Finally, I believe that we Panathes are a bit smarter than the other fans, and we have a more open mind to see things for what they are. Yes, we are fanatical about PAO but

So by reading a few posts some people are trying to say, that eg. If you had a best friend for 15 yrs, then he backstabbed you one day, you would think about all the great times you had with him, and forget what he did???? Lets stick to the present he signed with olympiakos, from this point onwards he is in an opposing team and should be treated as one. Nikopolidis is now in the same category as anatolakis, georgatos and the rest of the s%$#! oly players. And i will boo and boo just like i always do!(except when wearing a greek jersey)

Well when i hear this news i was annoye and again upset that this could happen. However, if like ive said over the years, players had the dsame enthusiasm for the team they lpay for, as we the fans do, then this would never happen.

I for one was happy with him and thought he played well, now though he plays for the one team i would have not wanted him to go to, thats the ONLY team he should not have picked.

Now, we need to look at it this way, he is not our player, and he could make saves that cost us a back to back title.....

so, gia mena, he is a gavri, through and through, and a traitor- a football mercinary.

i hope he has a terrible season and osfp get another kicking in europe.

i hope he has a terrible season and osfp get another kicking in europe.

Well in that case we should love him, not hate him :P

One thing is for sure, if he has a bad game for Oly, their fans will turn on him like they turned on Elefteropoulos. They will turn on Antoni even more because he is a proin vazelos. That will be interesting t watch ;)

Antonis decision to go to xeftiles is a major insult to the Pao supporters. He has obviously chased the money, just as Dousan did with olympiakos and look at the end result.

What a way to end his career, in disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rumours say that the main reason he was kicked out of the squad, towards the end of the league, is that he had taken part in negotiations with people from olympiakos while he was a pao player. The dioktisi found out and slowly but shortly he was kicked out of the squad.

More and more I keep seeing people changing their minds about Adonakis.... While he was a PAO player everyone was picking on the management while now everyone is turning away from management and they blame Adonis!!! ;)

Time changes everything huh?

I hate to say I told you so, but it is a fact that Adonis has spoken to thrynos before even speaking with Tzigger...

However I completely disagree with all of those who favour the idea of booing the player... :tdown:

But I hope for people to wake up and realise that its not all management fault, and before we judge something is better to know the facts first.... ;)

Talking of Dousan, have you heard the latest news that he has changed nationality to French :P ?

I thought that was a hillarious story. One day Petros comes and says the next coach of oly is going to be French, the next day Socrates appoints Baevic... :lol: :lol: :lol: Father and son need to get into synch with each other :P

After all the promises about Denoui and Santini, Baevic is what they end up with LOL LOL LOL

i didnt mean moral for his life re...i ment in the context of football...the worst thing a player could do would be to go to the rival team (ie Figo from barcelona to madrid) they still throw pig heads at him when they play at the nou camp....dont get me wrong..i wish him success with the national team...i hope the national team rips sh*t up in portugal..i will be cheering just like the next person, but club wise, antoni did leave us for the "enemy"...

pao123, excuse me for misunderstanding your "moral" comment. I guess you don't jump the fence to your rival depending on who you are and what impact you make.

So here we have it, gentlemen. Antonis has spoken and we now have confirmation that it was in fact the doikisi that forced him to leave. Here's the link:

http://www.sportime.gr/html/ent/644/ent.23644.asp

File mou Pappou, I suggest you read the interview carefully. Antoni answers all the questions we have been asking here: why did he leave? What PAO offered him? did he have offer from England? when did he speak to Oly? what does he think about the way doikisi treats the PAO legends, and how he feels about playing for a man who called him kota and pelatis until last year? He also talks about his relationship with Schum. As we guessed, Schum had nothing to do with the decision to sit him on the bench.

Here's my favourite excerpts:

"

the things he has said about the management are obviously very true..but going to olympiakos is unexcusable...his reasons dont evenm matter to me and they shouldnt matter to you guys either,.....next year he will have the RED JERSEY on guys...how does that make everyone feel (regardless of our management) cause that makes me feel like flipping out!!!!

Here is more:

the truth from the "horses" mouth

PAO management is ugreatful and cheap, we all know that, nothing new.

It is not the first nor the last time they will do that to our players.

Instead of bashing our 15 year player, ask yourselves who is more credible in their story. The managers with the tragic record, or our National team goalie?

The story will continue and other players will be sold out...unless they hear it from the fans :angry:

But now we are all content with the "double" and have put morality aside...

He had no other choice, if gauros offered the most, he made the right move.

The fans will not feed his children.

When he retires they will forget him.

He does not owe anything to anyone, but himself and his family

I am sure he tried hard to stay at PAO, but enough is enough

PEACE

It's easy to sit there and say I would never do this I would never do that. But if you are actually in the same situation, I am sure you will think differently. As trifilli said, fans will forget abut him in years to come anyway, so why should he not look after himself and his family and get the contract he wants?

Anyway, the main question is not why he went to Oly, the main question is why did the doikisi not give him a contract he deserves and keep him. IT'S BECAUSE THEY HAVE ONLY CONTEMPT FOR THE PLAYERS THAT MADE PAO GREAT.

KJ, i think you need to cool down a bit, man. These players are also strong fans just as you are. Is there any doubts among any of you that Nico is not a PAO fan? But he is a P-R-O-F-E-S-S-I-O-N-A-L... now, keeping this in your minds what would you do?

Would yo prefer your beloved team offering you 450k and treating you like an a**hole...

or would you choose their biggest rivals offering you nearly double the salary your beloved club offers?

It's another case of the silly board PAO has. It's roughly becoming their tradition to treat great players that will go down in PAO's history books like worthless craps!

PAO should get rid of them, somehow and for any price... :whistle:

Don't forget, it is not PAO fans that will pay him... :tdown:

He is not the only one who has been in a similar situation...noone ever has only one choice...

Nobody treats people like an a**hole without a legit reason.

Money cannot be the only reason for joining Olympiakos, from reading his interview it seemed as though he joined them in spite/get PAO back for the supposed treatment. I dont support panathinaikos cause i like the board or the management, and neither does Nikopolidi(if he is a fan). So the choice he made as a result of getting revenge so to say, affects the club and us, not the board .

As a fan of P-A-N-A-T-H-I-N-A-I-K-O-S not nikopolidis not basinas not goumas not any player as individuals (Whilst panathinaikos is playing im not thinking about whether Nikopolidis can feed his kids). Not that im heartless... but strictly football speaking I support those who are and remain in the team. Right at this moment i dont think Nikopolidis did the right thing in moving to Olympiakos. This doesnt mean that in 20 years time i wont be thinking of him as a great keeper who helped us.

A rival club is called a rival for a reason...a fan of PAO is a fan for a reason. An important part of being a fan is loyalty. Now you will mention his 15 years with the club and isnt that loyalty...yes it is...and for those years he was loyal..thankyou niko...but hes at oly now..so he is a rival...enemy...

File mou Pappou, I suggest you read the interview carefully. Antoni answers all the questions we have been asking here: why did he leave? What PAO offered him? did he have offer from England? when did he speak to Oly? what does he think about the way doikisi treats the PAO legends, and how he feels about playing for a man who called him kota and pelatis until last year? He also talks about his relationship with Schum. As we guessed, Schum had nothing to do with the decision to sit him on the bench.

Here's my favourite excerpts:

"

Archived