Phantis Forums

Nikopolidis in Red

m_kafes

What will you do when Nikopolidis comes to play in Leoforos as an Olympiacos player?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What will you do when Nikopolidis comes to play in Leoforos as an Olympiacos player?

• Boo the player
    • Chant "Antoni Vazela peta ti fanela"
    • Ignore him completely
    • Root for Chalkias

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was a disgrace that some 'fans' booed Antoni last night. I hoped that PAO fans would have more class than that. But I guess it's the Greek mentality and we are all ungrateful anyways.

I really felt bad for the kid last night. I am sure it made him very sad too after all he has given.

DISGRACE

All teams have fans who refuse to use their brains. Indeed a pitty for the way Antonis was treated after so much he offered, especially after waiting patiently in line for so many years behing Josef Wantzik!

I think all PAO fans should be gratfull for all he ofered!

Let's look at the facts

Panathinaikos gives the press information about the offer they made to Nikopolidis. (Antonis has the fans support as everyone can see how unfairly he has been treated) At that point most fans thought there might still be a chance.

Then the Green press starts talking about a deal with Oly even before he spoke with PAO. (Antonis starts loosing some ground with the fans)

I just thought that thi would go on until Euro 2004 but then Antonis went on to speak to ERA Sport and say he wouldn't mind an offer from Oly. :tdown: This was the breaking point for me. I just though he was gonna be the bigger person in this whole thing keep his mouth shut and that he would eventually end up in some Premiership team for the amount of money he wanted.

So am I pissed off with him? Hell NO. I am disappointed but I would never BOO the No1 of the National Team for whatever reason.

he deserved to be booed yes and no. He has worked really hard for this club and stayed loyal- but then he looked for a contract at olympiakos. In case you didnt know we HATE Olympiakos. That says something about his loyalties.

I am sorry but I do not see things the way you do. A players loyalties should be to his family and their well being. We cannot be Kouvarntades with another persons money. The clubs interest was to make him an offer for 400k. On the other hand his interest was to decline that offer and search for a better contract. Personally I don't give a F**k about Nikopolidis' future or even Halkias for that matter. My view is that the best GK in PAO at the time being is Kotsolis.

My friends, all the people who booed Adoni were the ones that all these months were protesting to management for their attitude towards Adoni....

I was ashamed to call my self a PAO fan last night, not only for the booing but for all those idiots that came into the pitch and spoiled the fiesta... We have become Geys believe it or not..... :tdown: :tdown:

I was one of the few that was clapping when Adonis went to pick up the trophy, and you all know my feelings about his attitude. But then again we cannot forget everything and start booing the guy just because he went to the geys!!! The reason that I was opposed to Adonakis from the beggining was to prove that it wasnt management's fault for this outcome, but under no circumstances I wanted this kind of treatment yesturday... :tdown:

Personally, I would never boo for a player that was loyal to our team for 15 years. My feelings for his decision are more like "Why gamoto?" Why throw away the chance to be remembered as one of our all time favourites and instead become the player that will be remembered as the one that sold out to the people that spit on him. And all this for money. Money that he would easily get in the premiership. If it was money he was after, he would have found it in England. Why else would he do it? The glory of playing with the gays? Now that the tides have turned? Not likely.

Maybe it was his ego. Maybe he got pissed off for the fact that he wasn't getting what he was after and decided to get even by going to the other side. I don't think he is that kind of person though. At least he has not shown that all these years.

I don't really care about why he chose them. That is his right. I will not boo for him. I will however not root for him either. I will just wish him the best and ignore him. The team is above everything else, and at the moment my love goes to Halkias and Kotsolis.

after i read several posts questioning Nico's loyalty, i will say just one thing...

HE EXACTLY WAITED 6 YEARS BEHIND WANDJIK and,

HE THEN HAD 4 GREAT SEASONS IN PAO GOAL and,

HE IS SURELY BUT ALL THE BEST GK IN GREECE and,

HOW DARE YOU BOO HIM AFTER HALL HE'S ACHIEVED WITH PAO?

come on, men! you've all become ridiculous... :box:

if inter played against pao and karagounis scored a goal, would you boo him, too? :tdown:

everyone has to stand for any player who's been a part of the history of the club!

To 2nd Mouse...

unfortunately i agree with u! all teamz have this type of fans :tdown: , who are perfect when the team wins but who rebel when it loses!

GET REAL! NICO IS A GUY DESERVING OVATION! :nw:

FORZA NICO :nw:

i dont think you understand, why we are booing turk.

He was looking to join Olympiakos. :angry: :angry: :angry:

WE HATE OLYMPIAKOS. <_< :ph34r:

Maybe like bw Fener and Gaysaray if not worse.

This is among the strongest hatreds between two teams, acheiving is great but selling out for MONEY to your arch ENEMY out of nowhere??????

that deserves worse than booing. I like nikopolidi i wish hed stay but i cant beleive he was willing to drop us for money and especially to Olympiakos.

We appreciate his hard work incredibly but to do such a thing is unbeleivable- whose support do you think he got in acheiving to be one of the greatest? OURS. ONLY OURS. PANATHINAIKOS. Hed be nothing without our club. We gave him the experience in the CL to make him big and known, to earn his spot on the national team. He just needs to apologize, and then move on to England or Spain where he can get his F***ing money. :angry:

i dont think you understand, why we are booing turk.

He was looking to join Olympiakos. :angry: :angry: :angry:

WE HATE OLYMPIAKOS.

Maybe like bw Fener and Gaysaray if not worse.

This is among the strongest hatreds between two teams, acheiving is great but selling out for MONEY to your arch ENEMY out of nowhere??????

that deserves worse than booing. I like nikopolidi i wish hed stay but i cant beleive he was willing to drop us for money and especially to Olympiakos.

We appreciate his hard work incredibly but to do such a thing is unbeleivable- whose support do you think he got in acheiving to be one of the greatest? OURS. ONLY OURS. PANATHINAIKOS. Hed be nothing without our club. We gave him the experience in the CL to make him big and known, to earn his spot on the national team. He just needs to apologize, and then move on to England or Spain where he can get his F***ing money. :angry:

hey, cool down man! am i stupid or somewhat? i do know that the rivalry is fierce, but hey these guyz are professionalz. being stubborn will improve nothing! i also hate Gauro but hey, do you find it logical that a GK as skilled as Nico sitting on the bench for about 20 games of the season? :huh:

whether u boo or not, this departure is clearly because of Shum's incompetence! :tdown:

FIRE SHUM, NOW!!! :angry:

drakos:

Yes, Antoni became the greatest Greek keeper because of our support but the main reason was that he worked hard. Everyone works hard in this life no matter what job they do, if they want to become the best. Support alone is not enough. He used his own talents to become the best.

I will always blame the doikisi for this. I don't ever believe that Antoni spoke to gavros before he spoke to PAO. So why didn't the doikisi think he deserves the money he was aking for? They should have paid it to make sure the best keeper in Greece stays in house.

Anyways, it's not Schum's fault either. He could have said he wants Antoni as number one keeper but I am sure the doikisi and Zaets would fire him as well. The Vardinogiannides are ruthless and they do whatever they want. It's their club, they own it and they make the decisions. Schum is just a small worthless pawn. Ipallilos den eina?

ok he has joined the reds!

so am waiting for oly to concede 4 goals in the first 30 min in champions league, he has clearly lost his magic for the past 2 seasons in every derby conceding 2-3 goals also in europe not making any important saves:

hey, cool down man! am i stupid or somewhat? i do know that the rivalry is fierce, but hey these guyz are professionalz. being stubborn will improve nothing! i also hate Gauro but hey, do you find it logical that a GK as skilled as Nico sitting on the bench for about 20 games of the season? :huh:

whether u boo or not, this departure is clearly because of Shum's incompetence! :tdown:

FIRE SHUM, NOW!!! :angry:

yeah these guys are "professionals"

but that doesnt mean hes not an a**hole.

i didnt agree with him sitting either, but Xalkias is a great keeper too and i think the management made the right choice in dropping nikopolidis. hell we still won the double. Bottom line he signed for the gays : i hope he loves his money. Cause he lost everything he had going for him for it. Hes a peice of s%$#! and i dont want him wearing the national jersey. I cant wait for his return to Leoforo next year. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

This departure had nothing to do with Soum.

also may i say Soum did something really incredible this year.

At the begining of the year I was more anti soum than any person in these forums, i wanted him to be fired before the season started.

This guy has no experience, a weakend squad and in his first year with them takes them to win a double and a title - something no coach has been able to do in the last 7 years. Thats damn good work. His work turned crap players like Sapanis, Morris, Munch ( he was shitttty at the begining of this year) into great players. He also stood the heat of the greek press and overcame a lot of heavy criticism. Someone needs to give this guy a lot of credit he really deserves it. I have faith next year we are gonna be good and do well in CL.

to Soum: :nw: :nw: :nw:

also his daughter is hot. :D

Nikopolidis is nothing more than a traitor. He does not love PAO not even a little. He is willing to take less money and go to the gays even though Fulham offered 800 thousand just to stick it to PAO. Personally i hate his guts and i hope he croaks. We don't needs pieces of scum like him on PAO, i wish him all the worst for the rest of his life.

Nikopolidis is nothing more than a traitor. He does not love PAO not even a little. He is willing to take less money and go to the gays even though Fulham offered 800 thousand just to stick it to PAO. Personally i hate his guts and i hope he croaks. We don't needs pieces of scum like him on PAO, i wish him all the worst for the rest of his life.

thats to harsh re, screw the pao board more like it :angry:

We know about our management. But if Nikopolidis had even an ounce of PAO in his heart he wouldn't go to the damn gays. Especially when Fulham was offering him 800,000 per year. He disgusts me to the fullest level. Trust me Hollywood, Kotsolis is gonna be a much better keeper than that p***** ever was.

Just like we loved him in a green jersey, now we can hate him a red jersey, regardless if he is a top bloke, regardless if he spent many years at pao, he is at olympiako..whoever goes there becomes useless.

We cant criticise him for the years he spent with us, we can only comment on the years he will now spend with oly, in which i hope he gets to experience and gets use 2 anatolakis m*****es, kostoula passbacks and vallas lankiness infront of him.

Plus watching champions league from the kanape most the time.

Archived