Phantis Forums

EURO 2004

So! I know that everyone has been saying that the games are going to be on PPV... So does anyone know who's going to carry them?

DIsh Network???

Direct TV ????

How about any of the Greek Channels??

How about ESPN Deportes?

ANYONE??? (Isn't it sad that we can't watch our National Team Play)

Harris

Both Dishnetwork and DirecTV will have the whole tournament on PPV. Also INDemand PPV provider will have it available for any cable systems that decide to carry it.

The games will not be on any ESPN channels, since their competitor Fox Sports World has delayed broadcast rights for the games.

The Greek channels will not have the games because Setanta has the exclusive US rights for the competition in all languages. For any Greek channels to carry the games, they would have to purchase them from Setanta, and judging from the past, I don't see that happening.

Hey guys, hopefully some of you can catch our sports station here in Canada. TSN.

They'll be carrying ALL the games LIVE including repeats in the evening.

Here's the link for the TV schedule: www.tsn.ca/soccer/euro/feature.asp?fid=8185

(hope it works)

I know most of you are going to be using some sort of dish to view the Euro (or live in countries where soccer is appreciated more than here in the US and will get free live feeds) but here is how you can find out if your cable company is carrying the event (as well as what channel it will be on etc):

Go to www.indemand.com

click the listings/your listings link on the top

enter you zip code and chose your cable provider

from the drop down menu on the left go to June 12 at 12:30.

Hope you see Euro 2004 listed.

The only drawback I can see (at least for cable viewers in NY - I dont know if this is the case for people w/ a dish or other cable networks) is that on the last days of group play all the games are being played at the same time. Since Time Warner is only dedicating one channel to the Euro one game each day will be shown live at 2:30 and the other on delay at 5:00 pm EST. The delayed games according to the indemand schedule are:

Russia v Greece :tdown:

Switzerland v France

Denmark v Sweden

Holland v Latvia

Hope this helps anyone w/o a dish.

Just a quick question. Anyone know of a few specific places in Australia that'll be playing the games.

My wife and I are taking a two month holiday there this summer and I don't want to miss any of the matches. Any info on Sydney, Melbourne, Alelaide, Brisbane, etc.. would be fantastic.

Thanks to everyone.

I don't know about specific places, but Fox Sport Australia television network will show all the games live in Australia. You'll just have to find a place that carries that channel.

Have a nice trip down under.

Question: does anyone know if Fox Sports net Canada will show some EURO 2004 games. I know TSN is showing, but I'm wondering if Fox Sports net Canada will too. :unsure:

Fox Sports Canada usually carries stuff that Fox Sports World carries in the US, and since Fox Sports World will carry the games with at least 72 hour delay, there is a fair chance that Fox Sports Canada will do as well. However I would not bet on it.

Question: does anyone know if Fox Sports net Canada will show some EURO 2004 games.  I know TSN is showing, but I'm wondering if Fox Sports net Canada will too. :unsure:

For televised games in Canada, go here:

http://canadatvsoccer.tripod.com/euro2004.htm

It will give you all the info you need. :tup:

As for Fox Canada re-televising matches like Fox USA, I don't know if they will do it on a 72 hour delay, but I'm willing to bet they will show all the Euro games sometime this summer. That's what they did with the World Cup games in 2002.

I think some of the bars will have the games. I will watch what I can at the bars. They were on Fox Sports World last time. I am not sure if they will be this time.

FOX Sports World (US) and FOX Sports en Espanol will air 5 first-round matches live (Denmark vs Italy, Croatia vs France, Italy vs Sweden, Switzerland vs France, Denmark vs Sweden), all 4 quarterfinals and both semifinals via 5-day delay, and the final via 3-day delay.

Above info from SoccerTV.com

This basically means that they will not show the Greece group games.

Panatha1, I think that is highly unlikely. However I would not be suprised if one of the US based Spanish language channells (including Galavision) shows the games on tape delay one or two months after the Euro 2004 finishes.

Archived