Phantis Forums

Biggest Losers Ever

I love to critisize and no doubt thats what this thread is for. Its for bad wasteful transfers and awful career decisions.

Here are my awards for biggest losers:

#3 Helder Postiga - leaves one of the most amazing Porto sides in history- right off the treble and about to do another (if Porto beat Benfica and Monaco) for a midrate English club were hes doing nothing and feeling bad about his 10$ million dollar price. Serves you right, idiot. I cant see why players leave teams for small english clubs who are awful. they have money and thats it. do they every go anywhere/amount to anything no. its always the same Arsenal/Man U every Chelsea now was a contender but usually its never beeen anywhere close. So why go? i cant understand it.

#2 Chelsea - its hillarious that- after 120 billion of new players youre looking to buy more and sell ones you just bought because the couldnt get immidiate results. Even more hillarious their best players this year were Lampard and Hasselbaink - who were already there! not to mention Gronkjaer being really good too. But they did make it further than Real...

#1 Real Madrid - hmm lets forget about our proud footballing history and make it more marketable to asians. also drop that lousy coach who got several leagues and chapions league titles in about 5 years. and that veteran defender who served his whole life to the club and to his country? ditch him too (hierro), fernando morientes? pah we have ronaldo, hes got a nike contract, morientes only has joma. say no more . Nevermind we have great right midfielders on our team, lets buy David Beckham even though hes not talented enough to play and we dont need his free kicks anyways with Roberto Carlos, Figo, Zidane and Guti. Becks sells shirts! Claude who? hes not a big name - eksw vre! who needs defense- especially the best defensive midfielder in the world - in my opinion worth double if not triple of Beckhams value.

basically Real Madrid sold out compleltly treated their best assests like garbage because they didnt have merchandise value (Morientes, Makelele, Del Bosque, Hierro, McMannaman) and what do they have? a mediocre team who failed to win the title and could very well lose 2nd place right now. Also got knocked out by unlikley Monaco and beaten in the Copa Del Rey, no silverware for los Galacticos.

I used to Respect this club. But now i hate them. Thats why im going to see Atletico play this weekend during my stay there. :tup:

and the newest:

DADO PRSO - ill keep this short.

You have proven to the world you are quite a talent- leading Croatia into the Euro, 2nd leading scorer in the Champions League helping a small team all the way to the final - Now..... you sign for.....

Rangers.

Rangers.

WHATE THE F#@$#@$ IS HE THINKING!!!!!!!!! THE FRENCH LEAGUE IS 1 MILLION TIMES BETTER THAN THE SCOTTISH LEAGUE ITS BETTER THAN THE ENGLISH LEAGUE- ALSO WHY LEAVE A CL FINALIST SIDE AND COMPETING FOR THE FRENCH TITLE FOR THE OTHER WHORES OF EUROPE!!!??????? why leave living in Monaco for Glascow!????? WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM WHAT THE #%*(Y#@(*$@*(&$#(*&(*@(&987987

Honestly the greek league is a ton better than the scottish league. Rangers probably wont even be in the CL next year. Qualifyers yes but i doubt they make it. The only way i could understand this is if he was scottish and a rangers fan. but hes not.

no the forum says /World Soccer Topic so its ok no?

anyways for crap transfers-

For PAO:

Silvio Maric. Awful player when he did play, missed most of the season- we started playin a lot better with his injury.

Debah- no use at all. Vlaovic was already on the bench and he was a good sport - when he came on he scored some goals and worked hard. Debah looks out of place on our team...

For Olympiakos:

Alefantos- Hes an idiot. He thinks hes being really clever and cheeky making two subs in 20 mins. He got lucky in the first derby. Prosfatov should have stayed for them it would have been better.

Kuzba- pah. dont know anything about him. Dont think ill need to.

For AEK:

Okkas- everyone would say this, hes been awful- though i think he still has potential.

Aponsah - Im really sorry AEK bought this player. He is just terrible. Lazy, unskilled - hes been awful and my best memory of him was Paniliakos vs AEK

the ball was on the wing at the endline - he fell or something play continued etc etc he WALKED - not limped, WALKED - to get even with his defense to keep players off. As he was walking the ball slipped through to a poaching Paniliakos forward where they scored. There were complaints for offside - they would have been reasonable - the defense was high up and this guy was behind them - but Aponsahs lazy ass kept him onside. Its hard to describe but it was the kind of lazyness i rarely see in my Swiss 5th division side.

Gerogios Georgiadis must have made his worst move last summer, when he left PAOK and joined Olympiakos. PAOK fans and officials who had Georgiadis in high regard, were begging him to stay, but he went to Piraeus for the money anyway.

He must have regreted his move considering the way things went at Olympiakos. Instead of staying at PAOK and being the leader of the team, he was mostly warming the bench at Piraeus. To top it all he was really made rezili by of all people Alefantos during the last few Olympiakos games.

I would not be suprised at all if Georgiadis's days at Olympiakos are numbered, despite the fact that he has a year left on his contract.

DADO PRSO - ill keep this short.

You have proven to the world you are quite a talent- leading Croatia into the Euro, 2nd leading scorer in the Champions League helping a small team all the way to the final - Now..... you sign for.....

Rangers.

Rangers.

WHATE THE F#@$#@$ IS HE THINKING!!!!!!!!! THE FRENCH LEAGUE IS 1 MILLION TIMES BETTER THAN THE SCOTTISH LEAGUE ITS BETTER THAN THE ENGLISH LEAGUE- ALSO WHY LEAVE A CL FINALIST SIDE AND COMPETING FOR THE FRENCH TITLE FOR THE OTHER WHORES OF EUROPE!!!???????  why leave living in Monaco for Glascow!????? WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM WHAT THE #%*(Y#@(*$@*(&$#(*&(*@(&987987

Honestly the greek league is a ton better than the scottish league. Rangers probably wont even be in the CL next year. Qualifyers yes but i doubt they make it.  The only way i could understand this is if he was scottish and a rangers fan. but hes not.

Yes the French league is tons better than the Scottish

And even the Greek league is better than the Scottish

And yes, there is a chance Rangers is not playing CL next year

And above all: it looks stupid to leave the fine weather in the south of France for the bad rainy Scottish weather.

But at the other hand

Rangers will play CL or UEFA Cup for the rest of their life, Monaco won't.

Even more: Monaco is in a bad financial situation; and the royal family is said to pay large amounts of money to keep the club out of big debts. Other teams are complaining about the fact that Monaco (still a foreign team in the French league) can attrack top players more easily because they can pay higher wages than the other top teams in France because of the other system of taxes in Monaco. There is a chance that in the future Monaco has to pay compensations and their bad financial situation will not be better if this happens. Result: Monaco probably shall sell other key players to English, French or Italian big spending teams (and will lose Morientes next season for sure ) so there is a chance they have to start all over again next year after a big sell-out. Qualifying next year for CL are even UEFA cup is not certain at all.

Plus: why choose a Glasgow team above Monaco. Atmosphere? Maybe he's tired of playing football in an empty numb stadium. In Glasgow he will play for a fantastic crowd every home game.

• 3 weeks later...

why choose a Glasgow team above Monaco.Atmosphere? Maybe he's tired of playing football in an empty numb stadium. In Glasgow he will play for a fantastic crowd every home game.

no, i can't agree with you man! if his dert was atmosphere he could have come to join a Greek or a Turkish team. Besiktas chased him for a long long time and for the sake of 300k $ he joined the Old Firm Blue. Besiktas offered him a three-year contract of 1,5m $ a year and Rangers offered a three-year 1,8m $!

The atmosphere in Turkey or Greece is by far better and more tense than in Scotland, this is for Sure!

PRSO IS AN IDIOT :lol:

...and here are the biggest disappointments in Turkish football this year...

# 3 - BURSASPOR - They were relegated after 38 years of top flight in Turkish Super League. They were only the fifth team that was never relegated before and having a bunch of star players for Turkish standards such as Okan Yilmaz, Erol Bulut, Tamer Tuna and Milan Osterc they shouldn't have failed. They spent around 3,5m € in the summer of 2003/04 to bring in players like Ganea, Vintila, Grozdic and Osterc but they still failed.

# 2 - GALATASARAY - Yes, there was no cash and the club only signed players who were free agents but still the expectations were high. It started well but only went fine as good as mid-season. The Olympic Stadium plan gave birth to a number of chaotic outcomings. The mighty Fatih Terim was fired by the F***ing Chairman Ozhan Canaydin and the club ended the season in sixth. The only gain of the season thruout was Necati Ates who was signed from Adanaspor in mid-season. To be honest, we as a whole club failed.

# 1 - BESIKTAS - They led the League with 43 points in 17 games and everything was going finer than expected. The memorable victory against Chelsea in Stamford Bridge sent shock-waves to all Europe. But the mid-season camp in Antalya was of no use. They released Ahmet Dursun from his contract and sold their superstar Ilhan Mansiz to Vissel of J-League. In the second half of the season, things all went wrong and the luck that helped them for 1,5 years faded out suddenly. Their second half performance of 5 wins 4 draws and 8 losses dropped them to third and even Galatasaray came in reach of them who were once 22 points back. The Eagles definitely failed.

The other disappointments of the season included Genclerbirligi, of course with their inconsistent league form and not their European performance, Vestel Manisaspor, the team that spent 4,5m $ on transfers and appointed Mustafa Denizli as coach but failed to get promoted to the Super League and of course Mircea Lucescu who did nothing but criticize referees after his team's poorly performances.

...and here are the biggest disappointments in Turkish football this year...

The other disappointments of the season included Genclerbirligi, of course with their inconsistent league form and not their European performance, Vestel Manisaspor, the team that spent 4,5m $ on transfers and appointed Mustafa Denizli as coach but failed to get promoted to the Super League and of course Mircea Lucescu who did nothing but criticize referees after his team's poorly performances.

oh, Genclerbirligi failed?

so skoko, daems and youla didn't perform well

they were considerd to be nice players

Skoko was one of the key-holders at Racing Genk (winners of a title and a cup the past three years) Daems was a promising youngster @ Lierse (and almost international) and Youlalaaaa also seemed quality when he played for Anderlecht

Archived