Phantis Forums

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

stop giving so much credit to PAOK. THeyre not that good a team. I dont care if its in the toumpa theyre pretty bad this year.

There is only one thing I would like to say in response. Go ahead and underestimate PAOK. The end result will be that PAOK will make you pay.

As for the big "derby" I stayed up until 2 am to watch the tape of the game. I would have to say that the tie was probably fair result. As for Douros, can't say that he favored one team over the other, but he did make several mistakes in the game. When Givanni got red-carded, Panathinaikos player should have gotten one too. On the other hand, he did not pull the cards on several Olympiakos players during the game, most notably Georgatos (early in the game), and Castillo, who in my opinion should have been out of the game with 2 yellow cards. I also have to agree that Halkias was very shaky in goal. Can't understand the exclusion of Nikopolidis from the game.

I can't understand everyones position on the fisrt Olympiakos. There is just no way anybody can tell from the video footage if the ball went over the line 100%. In this case we have to give the linesman the benefit of the doubt. I understand that Supersport used 20 cameras to televise the game. Why did they not put a camera behind each goal is something I can't understand.

I can "under" estimate PAOK all i like. its PAO that shoudnt and they wont.

but i see people predicting things like 2-2 to an out of form team that we crushed earlier this year. although PAOK is in 3rd i dont feel theyre very good this year. 2 years ago i thought they were far better - i would be scared of them then or last year, this year they dont threaten as much.

as for Douro i dont want to complain. Its not his fault we didnt win. We had some very good chances that werent finished by us. I beleive Kirgiako should have been sent off but in the ref's defence that was a very quick jab - very hard to see. The only stupid thing he did was the Anatolakis foul on Konstantinou - im sure he knew it was a penalty but wouldnt give it because it would have caused an uproar to give 2 penalties to one team in the same half - referees shouldnt have to feel restrained from making fair calls to prove that theyre not being one sided and he was not. The 1st olympiakos goal the ball does not appear to fully cross the line - but its hard to tell.

as for Chalkias, I still think hes a great goalkeeper thought that was an awful performance. I remember in the 1st AEK derby he was phenomenal, this derby is good experience for him.

I agree with Drakos,

Halkias was shaky today but he has been solid this year (the last 2 derbies hasnt been his best). We must not forget that this was his first big derby and the pressure was on him as for the rest of the team. It is not easy to be the keeper in a team that has not won in 7 years and is closer than ever. In addition, it is not easy to perform when knowing that most of the people believe that he should not start and that Nikopolidis should be there instead.

When it comes to Shum, I dont think he was awful today. The only thing I blame him on is that he reacted late on the substitution of Houtos. On the other hand , what should he do? Put another defender in after only 15 minutes just because we scored first? How chicken would that be? Kyrgiakos substitution was gutsy and it worked. He plays tough and dirty , which is what we needed in a game like this. It worked. I give Shum credit for that.

Pantelis may have had problems with Castillo, but lets not forget he was responsible for a great run and great pass to Dimi, thus assisting indirectly for the first goal.

Big game on Sunday. Hopefully we can pull it off. I dont understand why everybody believes that Oly will definitely win the remaining 4 games. They have in my opinion a tougher schedule. Panionios at home without Giovanni (they fight for a place in the UEFA cup) , Halkidona away (also fight for UEFA) , Aris and Egaleo. We only have PAOK, and then the bottom 3 teams of the league. Sure, they fight to avoid relegation and they want points , but the question is , are they able to stop us? I dont think so

http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/u5315.html

douros did a very bad job and he seemed to help olympiakos alittle more..im not saying that it was purposfully because it didnt look that way...but the calls were not really going paos way...i dont think it is a matter of corruption but more a matter of a terribly refeered game by terrible referees....we should really get some good int'l refs to do these big derbys because the reffing yesterday almost made me cry...

... and they just lost 3-0 to Iraklis.

That really does not make any difference. That game is over and in the past. Also the poor result might be a good motivation for PAOK players to prove that the loss to Iraklis was a fluke. Just to refresh your memory, right before PAOK defeated gavri at Rizoupoli and gave Panathinaikos the chance to still be in the hunt for the title, we lost 1-0 at home to 3rd Division Kastoria.

PAOK have nothing to fight for, theyre too far behind to catch, Aigaleo may catch up but its really really doubtful.

PAO have everything and more

plus our form is better

our record is strong

I am confident we will win, provided we play as we have been lately.

Also Lalin is right about the schedule. without PAOK we have it very easy.

but OSFP the last 7 years has finished those extra games every time. I wont count on them to screw up but us to win. however i do think Aigaleo will be tough as with Xalkidona...

From the derby the following views

Kyriakos should have been sent off with Giovanni

Difficult to say whether the goal Olympiakos scored in 2n half was in, but benefit goes to the ref on the day.

I beleive douros should have given early yellow cards to Olympiakos players in the game and castilio send have been send off. Yet he was happy to give early yellows to basinas. It seems one sided.

Gonzales failed to live up to his playmaker role. He never lift in the game ,thats why he got replaced. Midfield was playing with one man less, as gonzales was lost.

Halkias has not got the credentials to be first placed keeper, as second goal was totally his fault and should have been saved in the first placed.

At the end of the day, this is a missed opportunity by pao to secured a buffer against Olympiakos to win the title. Now they have to win every game to do this. However destiny is in their own hands and they don't rely on olympiakos to falter.

If they are good enough, they will achieve this!

My only complaint is that the fans failed to give leoforo that atomsphere that would have made it a hell hole for olympiakos to play. Everyone seemed to be subdued thru out this game. Big mistake as there were no Olympiakos suppporters and ground is so small and fans are close to the action.

As to the refereeing, we know the story in Greece, forget complainning all the time and get on with the game.

As to shum, the guy isn't good enough to guide Pao to success. Don't measure his success this year because this the the worst league I can ever recall in the past.

And as to olympiakos, this is the worst squad I have seen to date................

04/19/2004. It looks like the Greek international FIFA referee Giorgos Douros and his assistant referees, will pay dearly for their mistakes in the Panathinaikos vs Olympiakos derby since they have been called up by the Disciplinary Arbitration Committee.

The "observing" referee that was present in Apostolos Nikolaidis (Leoforos) stadium, gave 5 points to the arbitration trio, mentioning the many mistakes that took place in the match.

The referee failed to give a yellow card to Olympiakos defender Spiros Vallas in the 6th minute when he brought down Dimitris Papadopoulos and awarded Panathinaikos the penalty. In the first period he failed twice to send off Olympiakos' left-back Grigoris Georgatos, while in the 40th minute he failed to award a second penalty to Panathinaikos and a second yellow card to Olympiakos defender Giorgos Anatolakis.

The goal of Ieroklis Stoltidis in the last minute of the first period appeared not to have crossed the goal line and referee Douros, when he sent-off Olympiakos' Brazilian Giovanni for unsporting behaviour in the 72nd minute, should have given Panathinaikos defender Sotiris Kyrgiakos a red card as well.

Another point of the "observing" referee's report were the events that took place before the match when Panathinaikos fans set the stadium alight with flares and smoke grenades and the match had to be delayed for a few minutes.

The committee will decide on the fate of the referees this week.

Link : http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/u5315.html

As i read this it looks to me that pao got the rough end of the stick as most of the decisions went against pao :huh:

Anyone agree or disagree???

P.s i cnt wait for thrillosmtl to post his thoughs on whats said :P

Big game on Sunday. Hopefully we can pull it off. I dont understand why everybody believes that Oly will definitely win the remaining 4 games. They have in my opinion a tougher schedule. Panionios at home without Giovanni (they fight for a place in the UEFA cup) , Halkidona away (also fight for UEFA) , Aris and Egaleo. We only have PAOK, and then the bottom 3 teams of the league. Sure, they fight to avoid relegation and they want points , but the question is , are they able to stop us? I dont think so

Lalin,

You should know better when speaking of Thrynos winning the remmaining games... Do you actually believe that any of these teams you mention are going to play hard against the geys? I assure you NO WAY!!!

Egaleo is their brotherhood club (dont forget the legendary tapes that triantafyllopoylos released after the Efthimiadis game 'O olympiakos kai to egaleo na kerdane kai oloi oi alloi na pane na ga.....ne!") This is how things work in Greece... Didnt you see Kokkalis reaction today? We asked for the relegation of Douros for his bad refereing and he replyed with a comment full of Irony that we are going to beg PAOK for their sympathy to let us win the game..... And nobody has the balls to stand up and take this guy where he belongs!!! To Jail!!!! :ph34r:

Remember last year Thrynos had a really tough game in Xanthi, and yet all the Geys were cheering for the championship just after they beat us in Rizoupoli! Nobody believed that Xanthi would play as they normally do, and they were right....

So I, in contrast, believe that after Sundays result we have LOST the title!! Believe it or not we will not even go to a Baraz game... There is no way we will beat PAOK in Touba and a new Rizoupoli is waiting for us in Koridallo against Proodeytiki!

It is our mistake and fault that we did not beat the Kotopoyla on sunday and then kick Douros's ass as well!!!

THANATOS STA KOTOPOYLA!!!!

SEE YOU IN NEA SMYRNI!!!! :box: :box: :ph34r:

Pappou,

I know how greek football works (to a large extent). I dont expect Egaleo to resist them. I do however expect it from Panionios and Halkidona. Last year Xanthi had nothing to play for, so they helped out. These two teams however, have everything to play for.

Oly will probably win all these matches ,probably, because Kokkalis will do whatever is in his power for this to happen.

I also believe that we are capable of beating PAOK up there. We are a better team and can do it. They play with a lot of heart, have their incredible crowd (the best in Greece), the best coach in Greece. Yet , we can do it.

Hope dies last , right? I love this team too much to give it up now.

I think alot of us in here need a reality check.

Brilliant. Most of us, all of us agree with the referee decisions. Yes we deserved a second penalty, I too agree Vallas is allowed to pass the ball back with his thigh, Georgatos and Castillo did deserve yellow cards (plural), Kyriagkos should have been sent off.

Douros did seem very scared. He didnt really want to be a decisive factor in who won the title this year it seems to me and this is evident as he did not give us a second penalty.

Most of all it took balls to give OSFP their first goal at Leoforo full of Vazeloi only. No one can really say for Morris who cleared the ball in the end if it did cross or not. However the rules do state the WHOLE ball has to cross. For me it leans towards it not been a goal however no one can say definately.

Most of all we only have ourselves to blame. No Gayroi at Leoforo, 100% home record, 2 points ahead. We should have killed the title off on Sunday. However, various factors not just Douros played and we didnt.

I believe Alefantos won his face off with Shoum. He reacted badly to Houtos substitution, however it is tough in these games tor eact to a sub early on. I actually, and probably believe am the only person in here that believes Kyriagkos should not have been brought on. Maybe a Sapanis should have been brought on at half time although in hindsight he did little to change the game. Konstantidis, although normally a victim of very harsh criticism did not at all that badly. He did have pace to match Castillo. And he did show some passion. And the first goal did come from his wing.

Olisadebe in my mind should have been brought on extremely earlier. Half time.

And Gonzales. Well. There really isnt much to say but he just seemed so out of it.

Halkias. Well I dont have anything new to add on him that hasnt been said. He seemed hesitant to rush out at times, shaky on the crosses, and I agree that the second goal he could have produced a save. However, Munchs marking on Djordevic at that instance is extremely questionable. He was left dead by his pace and that got the Serb the extra few yards to put his head down and drill it towards goal.

And for PAOK. I thank Pappou for having balls to say on here that we did lose the title on Sunday. We have PAOK, in Toumba, in front of their crazy fans, without Basinas as well. It doesnt look good. Yes we did beat PAOK in Leoforo, but that was also one of very few games we played to our full potential. And I seriously cant remember the last time we were able to outplay them and win in Toumba. It looks bleak. Not to mention Proodeutiki. Teams like Proodeutiki play a type of soccer that PAO struggles, literally to be able to break down. Its defensive, and they sure know how to keep 11 players behind the ball. We struggle to break them down.

I predict sadly a 2-1 loss in Toumba. I aint giving up, I just dont like what I see at the moment, or on Sunday.

Archived