Phantis Forums

OSFP - - Panionios

Montreal_Thrillos

as far as i read, klimek is supposed to have told some "french" stuff to the ref and that is the reason he got the red card. he was complaining that the ref didnt give a red card to kosoulas after getting hit by him with the elbow. that is what they are writing at sportaction.

http://www.sportaction.gr/news_detail.cfm?...d=1&parent_id=0

Sportaction report about the match

Now before corruption replies start anyone have more info as to what happened exactly?

It depends what you are reading. If you read Sportnews, then Panionios is in fault since they tried to make excuses for their defeat.

If you read Sportnet, then the ref was obviously helping OSFP, the penalty was not a penalty and Kostoulas should have been redcarded instead of the Panionios player.

The fact is that based on these two decision of the ref, Panionios board wanted to leave the field but the players didn't so after 10 min they started playing again.

supersport, contra and ethnosport tell more or less the same things like sportnet

why isnt the cloning technology perfectly developed yet ?! otherwise all the matches in greece could be run by collina, papacollinas, collinopoulos, hatzicollina, collinoglou,... :D

not even the fans would dare to doubt his decisions, he is just the best ref on earth. he should teach some greek refs how to lead a match.

It depends what you are reading. If you read Sportnews, then Panionios is in fault since they tried to make excuses for their defeat.

If you read Sportnet, then the ref was obviously helping OSFP, the penalty was not a penalty and Kostoulas should have been redcarded instead of the Panionios player.

Did you expect anything else? Sportsnews is run and owned by the Kokkalis empire, and the others are not. Wait until you read all the biased reports in tommorrow's Greek sports papers.

the problem is that nowawadays when there is little or no contact penaly is callled thus causing anger and frustration on the opposing team which is undertandibly normal

now if u think logically OSFP is hated because they are 7 time champs no kidding people will dispute any call

lets now also be serious and we can all agree that many questinable calls have gone eitherway for other teams not just OSFP. and YES including Panathinaiko

its just that people get all excited when OSFP sometimes benefits from these calls

It is not the team bying the refs its the refs fault this happens.

Lets say OSFP is pushed why would the greek leauge want to push OSFP when PAO represents Greece in Europe? y dont they push these guys?

The refs thing isnt an issue from 1997 when OSFP has won the title t has been around many years (and I do dare someone to say that the greek league was clean before that)

this is also a europe problem as well as an american problem (NBA,,, NHL) etc etc

now I do agree this has to stop. the referreing has to get better or else these arguments will go on forever,

Instant replay would be nice!!

The refs thing isnt an issue from 1997 when OSFP has won the title t has been around many years (and I do dare someone to say that the greek league was clean before that)

listen first of all in soccer theres no such thing as "saints" kanenas den einai agios

everyones done some rigging time to time , its part of the game even in italian/spain/germany it happens just not as much as the greek league

the thing is use have OVER DONE IT and it shows in Europe ... during the kavourogianni years atleasts he didnt make it look so obvious

he atleast knew when to backoff once in a while and to leave it

eseis to exete kanei thalasa ta pata ola gamiontas den exete afisei tipota

giafto etsi pos paei den proxeite na vlepoume kalo podosfairo pote .....

OSFP's struggles is not because they buy the refs in greece

they are too good for greece and theres no competition (as written in uefa.com)

now when they play in europe they are not that good due to lack of real competition in the greek league but they have gone to the final 8 in 1999 and as much as u dint like it despite the 7-0 we still has a better record then PAO , only PAO got in because they won when it counted unlike us.

Besides if OSFP had advanced with a 1-4-1 record u guys would trash that saying well they got in the UEFA with 4 points?

now while PAO is good in europe they are not that good with the big teams and MANU proved that with the 5-0 game

but OSFP will be good in europe eventually now if you reply with corruption and stupid remarks we will be stuck here all day but honestly going back to Panionio game why would OSFP buy the ref for the greek cup ?

I mean theyre going to the C.L anyways its not like they are out of europe and the only way to get in is by winning the greek cup?

comeon!!

Ohh sorry, umm just a qn, who is Olympiakos playing next in Europe....ohh sorry, thats right, you guys got knocked out of Europe. Sorry bout the misunderstanding I thought u guys were still in...Silly me....lol

now when they play in europe they are not that good due to lack of real competition in the greek league but they have gone to the final 8 in 1999 and as much as u dint like it despite the 7-0 we still has a better record then PAO , only PAO got in because they won when it counted unlike us.

lol

lol

lol

lol

lol

lol

whos dreaming now...

the penalty was not a penalty

I suggest for the future..... fore the Olympiakos games......... that we should only write.....when a Penalty for Olympiakos was a real Penalty.......... because this is the real sensation...............

As for the Kostulas...case....this morning I was listening Radio NET.............

they said....Kostulas hit with his elbow...the Panionios player....... the referee goes to the linesman....and shows the Panionios player the red card.......

But for matters of fairness....as I did not see the actions.......but I only write what I heard..... it could be that it was a Penalty.....and the Panionios player has been ejected in justice.............but riding on the tracks of fairnes.....the question remains......if an ellbow check has different interpretations ?

I watched the game.

The penalty was not a penalty. Funny thing is that Spyropoulos (the ref) was so eager to award a penalty that he didn't observe that if he hadn't, Giovanni would have probably scored.

Even if Klimek should get a red card, so should Kostoulas, because he was responsilbe for the whole thing. Now, I don't know where you live, but where I live, the red card goes to the man that causes the trouble, not the man that appeals against it. But even if we give mr Spyropoulos the allibi of doubt, and consider the fact that he did not see what happened (his linesman definitely saw it), he should resign to-day.

At this point the Panionios general director tried to take the squad and leave the field.

After this, Spyropoulos was lost.

Giovanni should have been awarded a penalty. 100%

Pino (I think) should have been awarded a red card for hitting an OSFP player when he was down.

Castillo should have been awarded a red card for the same reason.

Overall, this was a complete farse. And I don't care if it's Socrates' of Vardinogiannis' farse, because in both cases, the joke's on me, on all of us.

Adonis,,

if you are going to write stupid remarks in a serious conversation go to a school and talk with kindergarden kids

but in all when u guys exit europe and come home empty handed and continue the crying.....come see what a real trophy looks like

8 to be exact

u are in the uefa with a 1-4-1 record? wow how proud of a record is that but i do admit u r still in europe so thats good.

kind of makes u forget the 5-0 blowout vs MANU or the 3-0 blowout vs us.

haha

it seems that this ref really was out of the game

they should turn the greek football in a weekly sitcom. it probably would be the best one ever played in greek tv!!

from ethnosport:

it seems that poor panionios is going to be punished because of this moron leading the game:

"

this was clearly a ref that had no idea what he was doing today

he messed up on calls against OSFP as well

even Protasof complained

the ref was not bought today but if u guys think he is well there are some other posts that talk about this subject so post your remarks there!

My opinion is that he realezed that he went too far when Panionios wanted to leave. After that he tried to be "fair", screwing everything up.

The word is that he will be probably sent home-taken off the ref table indefinately.

Archived