Phantis Forums

AEK vs Xanthi

Original 21

Big game this Saturday against Xanthi. We tied them 0-0 away in the league, and beat them 0-1 away in the cup. They are a very good team defensively so it will take a lot to break them down. We have some momentum coming off of two straight away wins which will help our confidence. I think we should try something like this:

---------------------------Anestis

Bakakis-----Kolovetsios Labropoulos----Didac

---------------------------Simoes--------------------

---------------Johanson--------Mantalos------------

Galo--------------------Djebour-----------Barbosa

Bakakis and Labropoulos definitely proved that they should be starters on this team. Galo has also been very good this year, and since he has played further up the field before we should use him on the winger considering our lack of options.

Aravidis has been good the past two games but Barbosa and Djebour are very important to us and can't come out of the lineup. He could play on the wing but to give Bakakis a chance and to not lose Galo's crossing abilities Aravidis can come off the bench.

Cordero was probably the best on the field for us against Levadiakos but the three in the middle are so important and have so much skill it will be tough for any of them to come out. If anything, Mantalos would be the one to come out because he's been off of form, but I don't see it happening.

It's ridiculous that we have so many great players in the midfield and at RB but we don't have any good centerbacks, only one real good winger, and only two strikers on the entire team.

What's your take on Kolovetsios? Will he mature into a good player? Or is he not up to the standard we are trying to set? (I know he's already 24 so no spring chicken).

He's clearly not a Sokratis/Manolas prodigy but perhaps he is a late bloomer like Moras or Kapsis...

Edited by Nikod

Pan we do but hes injured and we have to have this guy in goals, who is heart attack material at best :)

I think Kolo has talent but still has a lot to prove, only 24 and they do say CB mature with age so maybe he is a late bloomer, either way hes doing a good job for us.

Xanthi is always tricky but being at home you would hope we get the job done as under Poyet both losses have come at home.

Johanson has a family issue going on now which caused him to miss practice a few times during the week. He thought he would be able to play today but he had to rush to the hospital to be with his wife and daughter who are both sick. It's nothing really serious long term, but he might have to miss today's game.