Phantis Forums

AEK-Asteras Tripolis

Original 21

Game on Sunday against a very good Asteras Tripolis team. Over 20,000 fans are expected in this game which will help the team. Didac will be out injured, and Mantalos is in doubt, both are huge losses. I'm interested to see how Poyet sets up the team. Lineup wise he's been trying this in practice:

-------------------------Baroja-----------------------------

Galo----Kolovetsios-------Labropoulos---Soiledis

----------------Simoes---Johanson---------------------

Vargas-----------Buononotte-----------------Barbosa

------------------Big empty hole-------------------------

Who's in that big empty hole you ask? Well, none other than Maki Chrisantus. I guess Poyet wants to use a real striker in his system, little does he know Chrisantus isn't a real soccer player. I read a rumor that they are playing him just to get his value up and sell him in January, I'm convinced that playing him will make his value drop to be honest. I hope he shuts me up... Hopefully Buononotte and Vargas do well because we won't win if they are off form.

Im right in line with Amorgos' comments, wasn't 100% sure that Chrisantus was useless and now I'm pretty sure. He's so bad that a small run to get a corner makes you feel like he's doing something. As for the line up, I wish it wasn't against one of the hardest teams in the league but since we have no choice this is a good chance for the underdogs to show us what they're worth. A chance for Soiledi to prove he has a place on this squad and for Buonnanotte to show us he can start a game and lead the offense, if he starts. 

Agreed about Chrisantus I had hope for him until the Panathinaikos game, that guy blows. At least Djebour is back, hopefully he can do the job with Aravidis until January when we bring in one or two strikers.

Another thing I want to comment on is Tzanetopoulos. I agreed with the decision at first that he should be benched for a few games to wake him up again and make him work hard. He made tons of mistakes in the games and apparently was slacking off at practice, but I don't think that he should be completely left out of the apostoli. He was called up to the national team, he has a lot of potential, and he's on a 1100 euros per month contract (how the hell haven't we resigned him yet). I think completely leaving him out of the apostoli will kill his confidence. If Poyet doesn't rate him right now then we should give him a new contract since his expires this summer, and send him on loan to Atromitos since we know Dellas loves him, or to a struggling team like Panthrakikos. He needs to be playing. It would be a shame to delay his development, or worse and have another Manolas situation...

Nope not yet, Dellas didn't rate him, but so far Poyet seems to rate him in practice and wants to see him in a game situation. He can't be that bad, he played many years in La liga and in the Belgian first division. Hopefully we see some of these fringe players against Panthrakikos in two weeks, because they are the worst team in the league by far.

This game is by far one of the most important games this season for a few reasons:

1. Panionio won today passing us in the standings.

2. In the event that we lose, Astera surpasses us in the standings as well.

3. PAOK is outside of the playoffs right now. Not only will we get closer to him in the standings but I really don't see PAOK staying outside of the playoffs, they're probably going to get the win against panthrakiko tomorrow at home,  and so not getting the three points tomorrow will put us in a very difficult race. 

The fans need to show up to this match and original needs to stop their stupid little karta filathlwn bullshit, so they can further push the team to a win. 

Thats true and Apoel can spank most teams in the superleague nowadays. 

Unfortunately other than Inglesias, Kourbeli, Sankare, and Papadopoulo, I don't know much about this year's Astera but all of the listed players are guns. Papadopoulo isn't AEK material but he's still dangerous and Giannou I haven't seen play but I hear good things about him. Our flimsy CF position will have a hard time against their defenders if poyiet can't find solutions. Is Mandalo cleared to play, or will he most likely be on the bench?