Phantis Forums

AEK-Atromitos

Original 21

For me is exceptionally poor. He almost sabotaged AEK to lose to Atromitos with a terrible lineup and late subs. Not only is Dellas unable to identify who should be starting, he is unable to spot who is playing badly during the game.

The lineup was fine, we were all over them in the first half

What was so terrible about the line up? His subs won us the game.

FT

1-0

We just about made it with the win. Wasn't pretty but will do wonders for the confidence especially playing those looney bins in the port next.

Bravo sta paidia, ravo ston Della

You obviously have no clue, Buonanotte didnt start as he is not up to match fitness, he does be gassed after 1 half.

So again I will ask you what was so terrible about the lineup? Or does the exclusion of Buonanotte make the whole lineup terrible?

What changes would you have made at HT.

Dellas' subs won us the game.

We're still a brand new team. We have done well so far in the season. The team needs time to gel, slowly that is happening. We will shock many at the port in 2 weeks.

KAAAII PAEEIII LEGONTASS KAI PAEII LEGONTAA GAMIETEE O THRYLOSS KAI O PIREEAASSSSS!!!

Reaper I have to disagree with you today. Della was terrible in the last two games but today he wasn't that bad. I still disagree on a lot of choices he made but at least there is progress.

The big plus today was that he fielded a formation that was able to adapt on the field and was easy to change. He literally made 2 substitutions and the third one wasn't even mandatory. Whereas in the other games the formation was so ridiculous he needed at least 5 substitutions to change the dynamic of the team. We should never stray from the formations the team knows. Also his substitutions were SPOT ON today. Buonannotte could have done a little better but that isn't Dellas' fault. There are a few moves however that I did not agree with:

1. Starting Vargas and not Buonannotte. I think Buonnanotte is very explosive in the first half whereas Vargas is very explosive in the second half. I think Vargas can come on when the opponent is more tired and have his way around the field. 

2. This is something that was a problem but is somewhat unavoidable unless we play 4-1-3-2 and that is putting Mandalo as a DM. Its great in creating transition to the offense, so we control the field more effectively, but at the same time Mandalo is too good to keep so far away from the attack. By far the classiest player on the squad in my opinion. Every time he touches the ball you are reminded of just how good he is, but its hard to do that when you're making the run all the way from the defensive third.

Also I think you guys are being harsh on Barbosa, he might of been a bit rusty in the first half but in the second half he was one of our best. Its a shame that Simoes couldnt play today but in the Tigani he is mandatory. I'd much rather see Mandalo as our CM and bench Vargas so we can fit Simoes in the line up. I just really hope Della doesnt s%$#! his pants again like mpaok and make the gavro look like barcelona. We need to go in there and look them in the eyes.  

Barbosa was the reason Chrisantus won the free kick, Baborsa did a nice flick on the touchline and played the ball to Chris who done brilliantly to nutmeg the Atromito player and win the free kick, which lead to his goal. 

Had Dellas taken out Babrosa for Buonanotte and not Platellas, that play wouldn't have happened and thus would not have scored.

We have a bittersweet problem in which we have 3 ACM in Mandalo, Vargas and Buonanotte, 3 of which are key to the team yet only 1 position in which they are comfortable in. Its going to be tough to get them all into the same team and not disjoint it, however this is a problem id rather have than not have the players.

It wasnt a beatiful win, but Atromitos is no walk in the park and we did well to get the win. Bravo sta paidia and to Dellas, and to the fans who kept the team going.

• Like it 1

Yea I agree, Della has a lot of pressure to try and keep 3 very good players in the starting lineup. I think the best thing to do is to keep his decisions performance based rather than potential based. In the case of Vargas for example , he has been the least effective in the last few games so he should be benched for the game in Karaiskaki and come in as a power sub as he did with Pas. Putting him as a CM when Mandalo has been in great form does more damage to us than good. You really saw Mandalo struggling to stay in position this game.

The biggest issue right now is what do you do with Buonannotte? The guy is good, but he doesn't have the tenacity that Platella has on the wing. He likes to break the ball into the middle before the final third and can leave Galo exposed where as Platella is pretty much up and down the wing the entire game and then cuts in close to the corner flag.  However Buonnanotte is a game changer whereas Platella is more of a role player in A division....what are your guys's thoughts?