Phantis Forums

Scandals?

Panachaiki president, Alexis Kougias, claims he has evidence there have been attempts by Greek officials to bribe referees of Greek league and even CL matches. :o

Is this another Kiappe fiasco or is it legitimate? :huh:

• 3 months later...

THis is a complete joke... The Greek League is nothing but CRAP!

UEFA needs to step in and clean this mess w/ their people..

It might hurt everyone because of maybe not playing in Europe and what-not but it needs to happen.

:tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

Imho, relegation or deduction of points should only be an option if games were fixed. If we are only talking illegal gambling, I would prefer to see stiff fines imposed*

*it might reduce our deficit a bit :rolleyes:

I don't care about "illegal gambling" unless officers from clubs were involved, because then they had an incentive to influence game outcomes. You can't separate the two. Same for "talking" to the refs.

Relegation, big fines and banning of the guilty individuals from the sport forever.

An unhealthy sport eventually dies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

i put this is the "scandal" department because thats what this is...

yesterday, savvas theodoridis and olympiakos released a statement saying that theodoridi is now back in a prominent position with the club. in an interview after this release, theodoridi made claims that panathinaikos was being favored in this years championship and that he would work to restore "50-50" refereeing

today, an announcement was made by the EPO/KED that kalopoulos will be reinstated as a referee in the Super League. Lets not forget Kalopoulo's last match, which was the OLY-PAO derby of last year.....

also today, it was announced the kyrkos (who refereed olympiakos' first loss of the super league to asteras on sunday) will be demoted to the b' ethniki until further notice..

it is funny how after olympiakos lose a match (one which, mind you, they rightfully lost) and fall 5 points off the top, they feel the need to announce that panathinaikos is being favored. I also find it funny how a day after theodoridi, (a notorious behind the scenes dealer in the kokkalis era) is announced to have re-entered the clubs management, that the EPO/KED make these announcements. call me a conspiracy theorist, but i do not believe that these events are strictly "coincidence"

i find this all quite comical really....

If this had happened in Europe, Theodoridis would have been called before the official body to explain himself...or else! :la:

I saw the Asteras - Olympiakos game and would like to say there was nothing wrong with the officiating in that match. :angry:

If this had happened in Europe, Theodoridis would have been called before the official body to explain himself...or else!  :la:

I saw the Asteras - Olympiakos game and would like to say there was nothing wrong with the officiating in that match.  :angry:

irlandos,

what makes the situation worst, is the media, particularly the section of athlitiki kyriaki when perikli vasilaki goes through all the questionable calls, freeze frames whenever he sees fit and gives his opinion of the calls.

for instance, the yellow that was given to mirallas for diving...the camera was frozen showing his leg making contact with the leg of the asteras defender...what it did not show was the whole fasi, and particularly when mirallas made his kinisi towards the defender in order to win the penalty...same goes with the avraam fasi...instead of going through the whole play, they pause it wherever they want, say whatever they want in order to cause more controversy.

truth is that the EPO is INEPT. after last year, the league and its officials should have been disbanded and new regulations, officials and organization should have been revised and replaced...

• 1 month later...

interesting how olympiakos' second loss of the season is followed by the firing o fvassara being replace by douro...

to be honest, i am happy vassara is gone, but douros seems like a puppet, maybe a worst selection...we need someone serious in this position that will take control of the awful refereeing situation that we have ourselves in. the media have to lay off, as do stupid comments from people like theodoridi and co...

Archived