Phantis Forums

ESPN - Greek Superleague

Euro2004

http://tv.espn.co.uk/gb/espl/help-feedback

Hi everyone, please take the time to read this.

Today at 11:45am the entire PAOK-Panathinaikos game was televised (not live obviously) on ESPN in the UK. To my knowledge it's the first time ever that a match between two Greek teams has been televised on UK television. Needless to say this is great for Greek football.

1) It could mean more TV revenue for our clubs.

2) Greek football receives more coverage and prestige

3) Greek players are more likely to get scouted by British teams, enabling talented youngsters to leave Greece at a young age and hopefully to develop into better players. This will benefit the NT.

4) It's great for British-Greek fans who will be able to get access to more Greek games on TV.

So for the reasons stated above we should make sure that ESPN UK televises more Greek games. On the link i've provided you can simply send a feedback message to ESPN. You might want to "thank" them for the coverage, or simply express an interest in when more Greek football will be shown. I've just done it, and so will my brother and 2 friends. The more of us that send a message about it the more likely we are to make Greek football a permanent fixture on British TV, and perhaps that will then lead to ESPN showing more Greek games worldwide.

Like I said it takes just a few minutes to do. If any non-Brits want to do this for the cause :P then please do. Needless to say you'll have to pretend to be a British resident so just put a fake post code (zip code as our american friends call it). If you need help with that, ask me. I'll give the post code of a hotel or something! :P

thanks everyone. here's the link again

http://tv.espn.co.uk/gb/espl/help-feedback

Archived