Phantis Forums

PAO in the Champions League

Euro2004

i think they are more than beatable but it would have been much easier if we had not drawn them...they have a solid squad...not to mention traveling to russia is never an easy feat...they are a better team then koenhagen i believe...

i mean hell we couldnt have drawn zilinia, cluj, burasapor, tel aviv or even partizan...we had to get kazan...

i think they are more than beatable but it would have been much easier if we had not drawn them...they have a solid squad...not to mention traveling to russia is never an easy feat...they are a better team then koenhagen i believe...

Now you would like to get lucky and actually have the away game against them as soon as posible.Not a bad draw for Pao.1st spot should be forgotten but the second spot if you guys get good away results and depending on the schedule you can take it. :tup:

Game 2 is the key. We beat Kopenhagen by a couple goals and we look good. If we lose to Barca away, no big deal. All teams can be expected to lose in Spain.

I think this is a decent draw. 2 go through. We can be the second team, though that's what the Italians were thinking last year.. :D

I just hope that we play up to our potential. The Russians may be a tricky team but they shouldn't get the better of us. Of course, PAO often has managed to go through against better teams so our club shouldn't rest thinking they'll follow Barca to the 16. They have to earn this.

I wish we had our own stadium (proper home) filled with fans. I'm sure it adds a bit more to the performance of the team. We've been handicapped all these years. Too bad Leoforos can't be used for CL games.

i was just on the barca forum

they are only talking about rubin kazan and pretty confident of 1st spot

i agree they will go through 1st spot but they do not think much of us....they are out to get revenge on rubin who took 4 points off them last season

well Barcelona beat the crap out of us......as long as we can keep it to 3, I'll be content.

Rubin Kazan is very difficult- overall I'm disapointed with the draw. The toughest 4th seed and the toughest 1st seed.

Copenhagen is a solid team. Theyre tough and we can NOT afford to lose points. Rubin Kazan is going to see this as a great opportunity for qualificaition and a great draw.

some news on our opponents...

it looks like barca have all but sealed the signature of mascherano...only futher making their squad unstoppable...

kazan are looking to strengthen their team and have offered an incredible 11 million for genoa defender salvatore bocchetti...they are also close to signing their goaltzi (which is their apparent weak point currently) by outbidding schalke for marseilles brandao...

kazan is trying hard to strengthen their team, we have to be very serious...

more news to follow...

I think we have excellent chances of advancing as second.

If we take 6 points from Copenhagen, and manage 4 points from Rubin, it should be enough.

Barca will be first for sure and they will probably beat everyone in the group. But, I am thinking, out of six games, maybe Barca will give up one point or more, so maybe we can be the lucky team that steals a point or two from Barca. Rubin beat them in Camp Nou last year by the way.

Whatever happens, I can't wait to watch these games!

It took me half-hour but I figured out the dates in relation to the SL games:

Sep. 12 @ Aris

Sep. 14 @ Barcelona

Sep. 19 @ Kavala

Sep. 26 Panionios

Sep. 29 Kobenhan

Oct. 3 @ Ergotelis

Oct. 17 PAOK

Oct. 20 Rubin

Oct. 24 @ AEK

Oct. 31 Olympiakos

Nov. 3 @ Rubin

Nov. 7 @ Atromitos

Nov. 14 Larissa

Nov. 21 Iraklis

Nov. 24 Barcelona

Nov. 28 @ Kerkyra

Dec. 2 @ Kobenhab

Dec. 5 Panserraikos

We are going to need every single player to step up to the plate playing 19 games in three months.

Archived