Phantis Forums

AEK's tour of Australia

Euro2004

AEK's tour of Australia has been mentioned in various posts but considering it's a mini-tournament down there where AEK will play friendlies against Rangers, Blackburn and Sydney I thought it might be worth a topic post of it's own.

AEK have made an impressive start from an attacking perspective, beating Sydney FC 5-3 in the opening game! Novasports hasn't been great at updating the goalscorers, but they are saying that Leornado, Blanco and Lybe got 3 of AEK's goals while one of Sydney's was a penalty.

Looks like AEK are looking good going forward but suspect at the back. To be honest that doesn't surprise me. Lybe is still a good forward and you'll be much better going forward as a result but at the back Dellas is finished. He was struggling in Cyprus towards the end, imagine how he'll be against some really good teams in Europe. You still seem to be looking for a right back too. So I'm not surprised to see the problems. Does anyone know how much AEK has to spend? Perhaps Kyrgiakos on a loan deal might be an option?

The first match against the hosts has just ended. Goal scorers in the article apparently.

Final result: Sydney FC 3 - 5 AEK

It's very interesting to note that Sydney FC were the bookmaker favourites. I gues if anyone was stupid enough to bet against them then they derserved to lose their shirt.

Here is a report posted on that Anti-Greek football site theworldgame.com.au:

Sydney crash to AEK

25 July 2010-SBS

Impressive AEK Athens handed Sydney FC a 5-3 defeat in the opening match of the four-team Festival of Football on Sunday.

Sydney was outplayed by a sharper, fitter and better team at the Sydney Football Stadium.

AEK took the lead after 29 minutes with a well-taken goal from Leonardo Pereira.

But Sydney equalised almost immediately when Alex Brosque converted a penalty after a handling infringement by playmaker Pantelis Kafes.

The Greeks side was back in front in the 37th minute when Kafes made amends for his earlier indescretion by heading the ball home from a corner.

Sydney drew level for the second time soon after the re-start when Brosque took advantage of a blunder from substitute goalkeeper Ioannis Arampatzis.

Nikos Liberopoulos gave AEK a 3-2 lead on the hour when he found the net with an angled drive.

Ignacio Scocco made it four after a defensive mix-up.

And Kafes underlined a masterful display by hitting home the fifth goal.

Substitute triallist Ibrahima Thiam made the score more respectable with a headed goal two minutes from time.

-------------------------

Now to wait for the racist Anti-Greek posts by the haters. And the moderators letting them post. :nono:

Perhaps Kyrgiakos on a loan deal might be an option?

I'm not sure that Kyrgiakos is indeed leaving Liverpool. Manager Hogdson is in 2 minds about selling him. I guess it all depends on what offers he gets.

He played 77 mins yesterday in their 1-0 friendly loss to Kaiserslautern and from the report I read he did well.

So the manager is basically playing him to see what player Kyrgiakos is. I bet you if her impresses in the trial matches he will stay at Anfield. But then again it all depends on what offers come in for him.

tha doume.

Archived