Phantis Forums

Matt Derbyshire

ukchris

It was rumoured that Derby did not like the fact that he was not 1st option and that Linen does not go crazy about the player but i dont think that the player will go anywhere.Olympiakos spend 3.5mil last year and i dont see anybody offering that much so he will stay.As far as i am concerned Derby is a really good scorer and has that rare ability to score goals with a half of chance so it will be a humangous mistake of losing him especially now that we start having wingmans that will create the openings for him to score many and plenty.

With one of the strikers they have been much linked with apparently poised to join Celtic, the Leeds United hunt for a new goalscorer goes on - and new rumours suggest they could be about to bring in an English striker who has been plying his trade in Greece.

Former Blackburn Rovers forward Matt Derbyshire joined Olympiakos in June 2009 and has proved popular with the fans by helping the club win the Greek Cup and also scoring the winner against arch-rivals Panathinaikos.

http://www.betfairfootball.com/the-champio..._medium=twitter

Just read again that Leeds are going to push for him... If he goes I definiely see Baptista coming to Olympiacos

I really hope that he stays with us.I really like his style and he brings something different than Mitroglou and Diogo on our offence.

• 3 weeks later...

According to some greek sites,Valverde called Derbyshire after practice today and told him that he does not count him for his plans this year and that he will propably need to find a team to go on a loan or transfer.I hope that this is just rumours but we will have to wait and see...Valverde needs to clean house and he has given the authority to do so but if the english man goes,i would like to see someone 10 times better joining us.

Pretty much every website i've seen says the same thing. Mitroglou and Diogo will be the only forwards left and it's common knowledge the Mitroglou and Valverde do not like eachother. In his previous reign Mitroglou barely featured and according to him the Spaniard didn't speak to him for months. So Olympiakos could need to buy 2-3 strikers before long!

You are going to keep Diogo and let go Derbyshire?  :huh:

Someone explain that to me slowly.  :blink:

Well... what can I say? I think it's a huge mistake! :nono: :blink:

However, the link below supposedly explains that the new dikisoi was going to get rid of him anyways (it looks like he's going to Birmingham) and Valverde was just protecting him from injury against Roma.

I agree with Crazy, I hope they bring a player that is 10x better... but even 2x better is good too. ;)

http://redplanet.gr/html/ent/383/ent.273383.asp

You are going to keep Diogo and let go Derbyshire? :huh:

Someone explain that to me slowly. :blink:

Apparently Derbyshire is going on a loan to a british club and that the player has made up his mind to go for a long time now.Valverde yesyerday just gave the final ok.He also kept him out of the players that are playing against Roma so he would not get injured.

I like Debyshire a lot more than Diogo but it is easier to lose the 3.5mil guy instead of the 9.5-10mil guy.

Now we have to wait for next week and see what Valverde will ask and what Marinakis can get.

Derbyshire is a god player but he is also someone that in the few chances that he got in our starting 11 did not took advantage of it.Coming off the bench was great but not starter unfortunatelly so i semi get Olympiakos trying to clear out space to get 1-2 starter quality strikers.

The move has been freezen up because a manager that is on the black list for Olympiakos has being involved in this.Sakis Tzikas apparently is the manager that was involved in the transfer of Derbyshire from Blackburn to Olympiakos and also in the deals for Ziko and Dudu and he is believed to have worked against the club as far as extra money for his pocket in every deal.

That does not mean that Derbyshire will stay to our club,just that it might take a little longer and with out the involvement of that manager.

That is the problem tho.Olympiakos has plenty of players coming of the bench,we need somebody to start and score more often especially this year that the opportunities are going to be there.I would have let Diogo go before i would let the englishman but the first one costed 9.5 mil while the second 3.5....

The official word:

Archived