Phantis Forums

Greece v. Argentina

athinaios

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ESPN has ball possession: ARG 81% - GR 19%... You can't play like this chasing the other side all game long.

Anyway, a decent team could have advanced, passed Korea and Nigeria. And, lucky, it'd play Paraguay, which is a good team but not a superpower...

Time for serious renewal now, starting with Otto's retirement. The next Euro isn't far away, GR must reorganize soon.

There's nothing to be proud of! You are proud of something when you win something. Not when you loose. Whether it's 1, 2, 3, or 100 goals difference, you loose. Time to pack up and go home! Nothing to be proud of.

Nothing to be proud of? You're deluding yourself. We have had a respectable showing at this year's World Cup with a win and two goals. This is progress. I am more than happy with what we have accomplished with this manager at the helm and with the players he has selected. Do I agree with his tactics? No. Do I agree with his team selection? No. Am I proud of this team? F*** YES.

ESPN has ball possession: ARG 81% - GR 19%... You can't play like this chasing the other side all game long.

Anyway, a decent team could have advanced, passed Korea and Nigeria. And, lucky, it'd play Paraguay, which is a good team but not a superpower...

Time for serious renewal now, starting with Otto's retirement. The next Euro isn't far away, GR must reorganize soon.

81% to 19% that is mind boggling you make your own conclusions WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing to be proud of? You're deluding yourself. We have had a respectable showing at this year's World Cup with a win and two goals. This is progress. I am more than happy with what we have accomplished with this manager at the helm and with the players he has selected. Do I agree with his tactics? No. Do I agree with his team selection? No. Am I proud of this team? F*** YES.

Not bad for a guy that shot himself in the foot i guess ;) (meaning otto's selection and first game's tactics)

Well when you play a 6-3-1 you can't expect to have much ball control.

I was against the set up despite the success it seemed to have for 2/3 of the game. In the end you can't beat a top 10 team if you don't have the ball. The defense will eventually get tired and you could see that in the last 15 minutes.

The idea was to hold off Argentina's strength which is Messi and a great offense. The problem is that you don't pressure Argentina's weakness which is their defense. Argentina played a qualification game in South American that ended up 4-4.

Should have had Salpi and Gekas in there.

I would have rather lost 5-2 than 2-0. Losing 2-0 is not progress for this team.

All that said Greece did get a win and finally scored in the tournament. They lost their chance against South Korea in game 1 and most people already knew that.

I truly hope that Otto retires in good graces and let another coach have a shot.

Ninis needs to start but in a more offensive setup. Time to get some more youth on the team.

Should be some good soccer the rest of the way.

Well when you play a 6-3-1 you can't expect to have much ball control.

I was against the set up despite the success it seemed to have for 2/3 of the game. In the end you can't beat a top 10 team if you don't have the ball. The defense will eventually get tired and you could see that in the last 15 minutes.

The idea was to hold off Argentina's strength which is Messi and a great offense. The problem is that you don't pressure Argentina's weakness which is their defense. Argentina played a qualification game in South American that ended up 4-4.

Should have had Salpi and Gekas in there.

I would have rather lost 5-2 than 2-0. Losing 2-0 is not progress for this team.

All that said Greece did get a win and finally scored in the tournament. They lost their chance against South Korea in game 1 and most people already knew that.

I truly hope that Otto retires in good graces and let another coach have a shot.

Ninis needs to start but in a more offensive setup. Time to get some more youth on the team.

Should be some good soccer the rest of the way.

Salpin and Gekas wouldn't have made a difference. We were playing for the tie, and it was working until Papastathopoulos gave them a corner for no reason...

Tzorvas was amazing A++

Samaras was great up front alone..A+++ very dangerous and great ball control. Gekas and Salpi are seriously lacking here.

All in all, I think we were the toughest competition. We went in there with our trademark catennacio style, and played it well!

Bravo sta paidia!! We won a match and stay up in the rankings...our Euro 2012 group looks good.

Don't get too excited about Otto leaving (which he most likely will); Topalidis is probably next in line.

The best 2 teams of Group B rightly went through. Its better, with this type of football we cannot really get anywhere, the team was too negative and we didn't play anything throughout, just 10 people behind the ball and no ambition or creativity. Greece is not good enough for the last 16 and the best they could get with this performance was a 3rd place.

Some people say congratulations to the players, but I say "congratulations for what?" The team failed, that is the reality. Because they tried? Isn't that their duty anyway?

I am not that proud winning against 10 (Nigeria) by a single goal difference, one first abysmal performance and not playing anything at the last game. The team failed; from all perspectives.

I am relieved that I won't watch Greece in this world cup any more, they are a big pain to watch.

Let's go Brasil!!!!

Anyway, I was happy that we learned a couple things.

A. Tzorvas is our starting keeper. This guy can do it.

B. When we believe we can play with anyone. We're not yet able to take down giants like Argentina but there's no need to play Ottoball. We're a better team than our manager gives us credit for.

C. Otto has saved his legacy a little bit. He has GOT to go now.

Archived