Phantis Forums

PAO vs Dianamo Bucuresti

PAO_OR_DEATH

I have to say Ive been very dissapointed with Cisse's performances. I expected at least for him to hit 25 goals by January 1st. What a waste. We really should have bought Ibrahimovic or Etoo instead.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I still can't believe how the PAE let Torres go to the losers Liverpool when they could have bought him for only

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that Salpi has been a very solid player for us. His decision to pass the ball to cisse for a certain goal instead of moving ahead on his own to pad his onw stats in a year he is in the market was indicative of the quality of both his character and football skill.

I think his attitude and focus is an influence the team can't afford to lose. I wrote in my blog "I hope they call him up tonight and sign him to an offer he can't refuse". I understand the talk about him wanting to test the market, especially in a year when he has a slight chance to shine in the World Cup and land a big contract like all the others after Euro 04.

I also suspect -- and this is just my own thought -- that he might not be terribly happy with his new role out wide. I think he wants to be the target man and maybe that's behind the talk about "it's not all about the money". But this could be his last big contract signing, and the right price would be incentive enough to stay with the best team in Greece.

Management has to step back and re-think their negotiations. If they are offering him less than what Karagounis or Katsouranis makes they should go as high or higher. In practical terms, replacing the Salpigidis package would cost well over 2.5 million in fees alone and it's doubtful we could find the same kind of leadership.

Regarding Mantzios, I don't think they would keep him. Both him, Tziolis, and Dimoutsos refused good offers last summer so I suspect they'll never play for PAO again. I hope we just release them so we don't have to talk about them again. The way our roster is shaped they would not add any value imo. They might be decent players but their career with PAO is over so I hope they get a chance somewhere else.

they will not and should not release the players..we can get decent money for both of them...right now their value is low bc they have been out half a season, what the club should do is send them on loan with the option to buy when the loan expires...they get some games on their feet hopefully do well and pao makes 2-4 mill for the summer...it would be a waste of money we can put on a good signing if we just released them...

tziolis for sure will never play for pao again..the management is sick of him..he had a good offer in the summer from atalanta i believe and turned it down bc he didnt want to play in italy...i also hear his father is too heavily involved in his sons managerial work...

mantzios is gone too but i dont think that he has fallen out with the management...his deal with chievo broke down minutes before the transfer season closed..

i hope to see mattos getting recalled..simao wil be gone from the team for a month or so..it would be good too see him back in the team..ive always liked him but the fact is he never worked well with ten cate who threw him in the deep end vs atletico...i remember a few season back he was our best player and engine to the team...

i heard nioplias wants a left winger...why not recall ivan too? i am dissapointed that he left the team, i considered him one of our top players...our left wing would be strong with both leto and ivan...

our priority right now should be on a centre back though..we will not win the championship with what we have now in that department..

i dont want vyntra to go but for around 3 million i would let him off..apparently there are some german clubs interested in him at around that price...

I agree that Salpi has been a very solid player for us. His decision to pass the ball to cisse for a certain goal instead of moving ahead on his own to pad his onw stats in a year he is in the market was indicative of the quality of both his character and football skill.

I think his attitude and focus is an influence the team can't afford to lose. I wrote in my blog "I hope they call him up tonight and sign him to an offer he can't refuse". I understand the talk about him wanting to test the market, especially in a year when he has a slight chance to shine in the World Cup and land a big contract like all the others after Euro 04.

I also suspect -- and this is just my own thought -- that he might not be terribly happy with his new role out wide. I think he wants to be the target man and maybe that's behind the talk about "it's not all about the money". But this could be his last big contract signing, and the right price would be incentive enough to stay with the best team in Greece.

Management has to step back and re-think their negotiations. If they are offering him less than what Karagounis or Katsouranis makes they should go as high or higher. In practical terms, replacing the Salpigidis package would cost well over 2.5 million in fees alone and it's doubtful we could find the same kind of leadership.

Regarding Mantzios, I don't think they would keep him. Both him, Tziolis, and Dimoutsos refused good offers last summer so I suspect they'll never play for PAO again. I hope we just release them so we don't have to talk about them again. The way our roster is shaped they would not add any value imo. They might be decent players but their career with PAO is over so I hope they get a chance somewhere else.

I agree with pao123 about Mantzios, Dimoustos and Tziolis, but other than that i'm in 100% agreement with you. The papers today are saying that Antoniou has warned Nioblias to foget Salpi, saying he'll certainly leave. I'm disappointed to hear that.

and thats how it will remain....a rumour!

he was smart enough to jump ship and come to pao, and he will be smart enough not to commit career suicide by going back!

I agree. If i was him i will be looking to play out side Greece for a few years. Going to PAOK will be a bad choice for him...

Archived