Phantis Forums

PAO vs Dianamo Bucuresti

PAO_OR_DEATH

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on to the Europa league 32.

Good win against a mediocre team. Besides the half hour in the second half when we let them shot from long range unimpeded we did well.

Tzorvas, Ninis, and Spyropoulos stood out for me, but everyone with the exception of Karagounis and Katsouranis played well. Roukavina on the left helped a lot and Leto's run and assist put the game away. Cisse moved well, missed a couple and scored a couple and helped create the first with is challenge on the keeper.

we played a good match..i liked nioplias' changes...knew we could catch a goal with some fresh speed in leto and salpi and instead of sticking another defensive player in he threw them both into the mix and it paid off...they put alot of pressure on us in the second half but some decent defense and some great saves by tzorvas kept us with the clean sheet...vyntra played very well..i dont care how much people rip on him, he always works hard for the team, i like his passion...cisse with acouple nice finishes as well..his first and second in europe for us this year...i had fun watching this match which is more than i can say for alot of our previous ones this season..

Did anyone notice how Cisse effectively cost PAO a goal in the first half when he picked the ball out wide and instead of rolling it into the net he shot into the near side netting. But when Salpiginidis was in the exact same position at 2-0 he squared it, putting the goal on a plate for the Frenchman? ;)

Salpingidis oe oe oe! :gr:

Thankfully we made it through. Basle also lost to Fulham at home so they're out which is good for Greece's league ranking (coefficant points) :tup:

Does anyone notice that Cisse has 9 goals in 13 starts int he SL and is the leading scorer in spite of being ''out of form'' as many here have said.

Cisse missed 3 chances today...

Ninis, kara and Vyntra also missed sitters.....

cisse however got into position for 2 other goals.. and didnt miss

Hey, in the first half Cisse gave an assist to Karagouni who chose to stop, turn back and change leg, allowing two defenders to mark him although Cisse's pass put him face to face with the keeper.

Anyway, I don't think Cisse's performance is such a big problem for the team that forums have to devote page after page on the pros and cons of his game. He and the team have given us enough positives to focus on.

The fact that we had four or five tete-a-tetes was really exciting. I think we missed at least six or seven excellent chances to score, not counting the three goals. That's something I'd like to spend some energy pointing out. Nioblias did the right thing by putting in Leto and Salpi who both served a goal in their short time.

Above all, we are in the round of 32!

The draw for the round of 32 takes place Friday the 18th.

Possible opponents for Panathinaikos are:

Unirea Urziceni, Juventus, Roma, Wolsburg, Marseille, Fenerbache, Benfica, Sporting Lisbon, Saltzburg, Sachtar, PSV, Werder.

There are four more teams that will be decided on Thursady the 17th. They include:

Ajax or Einthooven

Valencia, Lil, Tzenoa

Hamburg, Hapoel Tel Aviv

I hope we get a little luck and get to advance to the 16. We'll know in a couple of days. If we do draw Werder we should rush Mantzios back in the lineup for the two games because I think he made 80% of his career goals against the Germans :LOL:

Anyway, I don't think Cisse's performance is such a big problem for the team that forums have to devote page after page on the pros and cons of his game. He and the team have given us enough positives to focus on.

Above all, we are in the round of 32!

The draw for the round of 32 takes place Friday the 18th.

Possible opponents for Panathinaikos are:

Unirea Urziceni, Juventus, Roma, Wolsburg, Marseille, Fenerbache, Benfica, Sporting Lisbon, Saltzburg, Sachtar, PSV, Werder.

There are four more teams that will be decided on Thursady the 17th. They include:

Ajax or Einthooven

Valencia, Lil, Tzenoa

Hamburg, Hapoel Tel Aviv

I hope we get a little luck and get to advance to the 16. We'll know in a couple of days. If we do draw Werder we should rush Mantzios back in the lineup for the two games because I think he made 80% of his career goals against the Germans :LOL:

I didn't mean it as a criticism of Cisse, we all know what i think of him. I meant it as a compliment to Salpi who, for me, is our star striker and deserves plaudits. It was great to hear gate 13 chant his name. we have to keep him.

The draw will be tough whoever we get. i'd be pleased with unirea, salzburg, psv, ajax, lille or hapoel. teams to avoid are certainly Juve, Roma, Shakhtar and Valencia.

Talking of Mantzios, has there been any talk about where he stands with new regime?

Archived