Phantis Forums

Levadiakos - Panathinaikos

athinaios

Another awesome save by Tzorvas 78. this time Levadiakos walked all over our defense.

It looks like both Giblerto and Katsouranis are very tired. We need another goal to breathe easier. Too bad Ten Cate started Simao because he would have been very useful just about now.We are having problems controling the midfield.

Cisse has been riding a nice wave in the Superleague.

In the first 5 games he had 1 goal and 2 assists

In the last 5 games Cisse has 6 goals, 1 assist, 1 penalty won, one ejection won, and one shot to the post.

He doesn't seem to have any dribbling ability, nor can he hold on to the ball for his teammates to develop (and the defenders to organize behind them), but he has shown the skills that make him a lethal striker. He is quick and explosive in the box, and he has one-track mind shooting whenever he gets a little daylight.

Seven goals in his first 10 games is not something we can be taking for granted.

I was looking at the team goals this season and it looks like about 25% come from set pieces (5 of 22).

What's interesting is that no team has scored against us this season from a set piece, and this includes all our European games as well.

On another, kind of similar subject, I am excited to see Panathinaikos on top of the league table, and it's interesting to see Olympiakos is in a downward spiral. It's not their performance in the last few games (I don't watch them) but the fact that they lose points even with their new coach and don't seem to have any depth. I read that Olympiakos played a 3-4-3 formation and if it's true I think they will be dropping a lot more points in the games to come. Bravo can probably play the wing on his own, but I don't see Galitsios as capable to play on the right without some adult supervision. Best, playing with 3 CBs will put them often in position to defend out in space and wide. Zevlakov can do it, but I don't see how Mellberg or Avraam can play in this kind of defense. Ziko was an amazing player for those of us old enough to remember him in Mudial 82, but as a coach he is pulling some Alefandos moves I see :P

Let's be cautious and celebrate in the end. We've chocked before several times. This season is a great chance for us to capture the double and advance in the Europa cup.

I think if we beat gavroi in their home, it'll break them; they'll give up.

And, let's not forget that had we been the champs last year, we'd be where gavroi are in the CL. We lost some $20 million for not going through to the CL.

Archived