Phantis Forums

Levadiakos - Panathinaikos

athinaios

Sunday, Nov 08. 7pm (local time).

This is a game PAO should win handily, and what a great opportunity to jump 2 points ahead of gavroi, two weeks before our matchup in Karaiskaki.

Kara and Salpi are not expected to start or play. Sariegi is out too.

If we manage to play a decent game, it can be an early show and then play crap football to pass the time..

Ooooo, I don't want to even think of a slip up right now. We are beginning to look more coherent and stringing a few wins together will propel this team to the next level.

I am thinking more of a 0-3 score and an easy afternoon.

Karagounis+Marinos are injured. Sariegi will serve his yellow cards, and Christodoulpoulos is out (he blew his chance against Eordaikos where he looked flatter than a pancake).

I read the reports that Salpi might sit this one out to get some rest. In this case it will be interesting to see the lineup.

There is one thought that Gabriel will play on the wing with Seitaridis behind him. Simao will probably sit on the bench and Katsouranis will be next to Gilberto while Ninis will cover the CAM spot.

Another thought is to pull Ninis to the right and put Katsourani in the AM position in front of Gilbetro and Simao. In either case, Leto will start this one.

Personally, I would start Salpigidi but who knows, the newspapers might know something I don't.

My Lineup would be

-----------------------Tzorvas-------------------

Gabriel--------Bjarsmyr---Vintra------Spyropoulos

-------------Katsouranis----Gilberto---------------

Salpigidis-----------Ninis---------------Leto

----------------------Cisse-----------------------

Some stats:

We are riding a 5-game winning streak (Sturm, Paok, Eordaikos, Panionios, Sturm)

In the last 10 games (since the loss to Galata) we have (All competitions)

9 wins and one draw (at Kavala)

19 goals for, and 5 against

Scorers in the last 10 games:

Katsouranis 6, Cisse 5, Roukavina 2, Salpi 1, Karagounis 1, Ninis 1, Vintra 1.

Assists converted in the last 10 games:

Ninis 4, Vintra 1, Gabriel 1, Katsouranis 2, Karagounis 1, Cisse 1, Leto 1, Roukavina 1

I was worried about the game a bit.. comng off a midweek match in Austria wth tired legs etc..

But I believe Leto, Ninis, Giourka and Bjarsmyr will freshen up our starting 11 and knowing that we HAVE to win to be alone in first.. I believe our players will step up and put 2 or 3 goals behind them..

1 draw in the past 10 games... not bad

HT- 0-0

This game looks like "let's find a way around the bus". Levadiakos keeps 11 men behind the ball at all times. Let's hope something changes. We had a couple good chances but not nearly enough for the possession we've had around their box. I can see Salpi getting in the game for Simao. Simao has been really good, but the formation with him as a third defender and the fullbacks pushing forward does not work very well. Ninis is having an off night and Leto hasn't seen enough of the ball on the left. Spyropoulos is doing really well, and Seitaridis is ok playing the whole right side. Katsouranis is also so and so but that's how he always is until he does something amazing that turns the game. I would not be surprised if he is the first to be subbed though.

Archived