Phantis Forums

Atletico Madrid v. Panathinaikos

athinaios

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

where is Moon oeo?

It looks like no one believes we can score. We lay down and we hope Atletico won't try too hard either.

I can't believe we are unable to pass the ball around in midfield. More than three passes and we look for the long ball.

Moon is out there... That dude is Waaaaaaaay off w/ the rest of the team...

I wonder what TkAte and some of his players meant when they said, "in football everything is possible" ????!!! :angry: Did they imply that PAO could win in Spain?

Every time I hear those stupid statement I know they're playing to the crowd and have already decided they won't even try.. :angry: No one believed they could pass Atletico even before the first game was played.

TKate wants to limit his loses. Nothing more. Maybe he'll manage not to get the team out of contention by year's end. :blink:

Aaaaa Vintra missed the header all alone.

I guess all we can hope is to finish this one respecrfully and that someone invents an amnesia pill before tomorrow. If this is the best we can do against a very uninterested Atletico opponent it's going to be a long season.

Errors, errors, errors. Our players can't control the ball and just gift it even whey they stand all alone.

Besides individual errors, I don't see a plan. It looks like our tactic is to lob the ball to Cisse and to exhaust Leto. Other than that we look one speed below Atletico.

To add my own two cents in the criticism, we field attacking wingers but we don't have the fullbacks that can hold their own. In fact, it looks like out fullbacks can't stop opponents two on one. It's really sad to watch.

We have a week to find defenders but I don't see them coming. We will lose more than one surprise game in the super league again because of that. We put a good engine (Cisse, Leto, Karagounis, Gilberto, Katsouranis, Salpigidis would make a good forward group for any team) but we skimped on the tires.

Actually, I am more upset because my new Silver Surfer shirt is not bringing us any luck :LOL:

Hey everyone. This is one of the very few times that I 've seen a PAO side play without the slightest urgency in a CL game. And that is by far the worst that can happen imo. Huge game by Sarriegi so far btw. Leto is not bad either. As for Cisse, his whole move in that one on one situation was awful for sone who wants to be known as a top class striker. Bad first touch, too much time to take the shot and when the shot comes one can only despair... Anyway, we have indeed managed to retain some decency in this tough contest despite HTC's inexplicable choices and a little bit of bad luck to top it up. The Spaniards have helped considerably, of course, by not being the least interested.

PS: Cyber, a silver surfer shirt? I want one too!

Aaaaa Vintra missed the header all alone.

I guess all we can hope is to finish this one respecrfully

Forget respect! Let's go out all guns blazing. What have we got to lose? Whether we lose 1-0 or 5-0 it makes no difference. Atletico cannot defend, let's put them to the test and whatever happens, happens.

Luck favors the prepared one....

After all the hoopla about updating the team, the 4 euro games we've played so far (OK, 3.5.. but I don't expect any surprises in the second half) clearly showed that PAO is not for prime time in europe this season. Yes, Atletico is a powerful team but if any Greek team wants to do well in europe it can't play like PAO has played in the 4 games.

At least in my estimate, you want to be in the CL and your only hope is a very weak team? Com'on, luck can help you a bit but not for long.

These 2 teams provided a test for PAO. ... Your grades???

For me, it's a failure.

Luck favors the prepared one....

After all the hoopla about updating the team, the 4 euro games we've played so far (OK, 3.5.. but I don't expect any surprises in the second half) clearly showed that PAO is not for prime time in europe this season. Yes, Atletico is a powerful team but if any Greek team wants to do well in europe it can't play like PAO has played in the 4 games.

At least in my estimate, you want to be in the CL and your only hope is a very weak team? Com'on, luck can help you a bit but not for long.

These 2 teams provided a test for PAO. ... Your grades???

For me, it's a failure.

A grade for PAO thus far would be a solid C.. If they get scored 2 or more goals here tonight I would drop it to a D-

final answer C

Obvious rhetorical question? :P It's a shame though would've loved to see all Greek teams do well in Europe. Still hoping for a small miracle for you guys in the second half!

Ah, OK. Better hurry up and change their pace, because in the first few minutes of the second half, I see lots more mistakes... :huh:

Salpi will come in and score. :P

Archived