Phantis Forums

Tottenham vs Olympiakos

Euro2004

I went to the game today. The first decent team Olympiakos faced and they were terrible. Offered virtually nothing going forward in the first half before being torn apart in the 2nd. Pretty much everyone was rubbish except for K.Papadopoulos who showed once more that he's a star in the making, and Leonardo who was impressive.

The midfield lacked creativity, Diogo was terrible and the defence was ridiculously slow. Defore, Lennon and Modric looked like athletes running at obese kids! Olympiakos need a quick centre back to line up next to Mellberg. 2 wingers are also needed as is another striker. Anything less and Olympiakos will be out of Europe in the group stages for yet another year

The performance has been widley criticised from Greek and international media.

Yes they are friendlies but they still haven't reached the CL group stage yet and even if they do get there, they will be torn apart by better tteams than Tottenham if they don't improve.

Should be an interesting few weeks.

It was a friendly game, i know but it is no excuse if you are almost with 1 foot in the CL group stage and you get raped by the number 6-7 of the english league.I know that it is still summer and i know that we are not ready but it is not my fault that Kokkalis and cia are still f......g around and have still not completed our roster for this upcoming season.You are normaly trying to build momentum with your last friendly games, not piss the f..k out of your fans.There is still time and apparently money so Kokkali get over your stupidity and make something happen.Defore, Lennon and Modric plus that Russian guy looked really sharp.......

It was a friendly game, i know but it is no excuse if you are almost with 1 foot in the CL group stage and you get raped by the number 6-7 of the english league.I know that it is still summer and i know that we are not ready but it is not my fault that Kokkalis and cia are still f......g around and have still not completed our roster for this upcoming season.You are normaly trying to build momentum with your last friendly games, not piss the f..k out of your fans.There is still time and apparently money so Kokkali get over your stupidity and make something happen.Defore, Lennon and Modric plus that Russian guy looked really sharp.......

Actually Spurs finished 8th and won't even be in Europe this year.

Lennon, Defoe, Pavlyuchenko and Modric all have one thing in common: pace! While Mellberg, Avraam, Zewlakow, and G.Papadopoulos also have one thing in common: a lack of pace. Olympiakos need a quick centre-back or you'll really struggle against top opposition. This hasn't even been mentioned as being a necessary transfer target though. Kokkalis and co. seem to be talking about a left winger and possibly a striker. Olympiakos def need strengthening there but the distinct lack of pace at the back has to be addressed in my opinion

Archived