Phantis Forums

PAO v. PAOK

athinaios

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, if PAOK manages to pull 4 goals back and win, well be level with AEK.

And then, winner would decide who goes through next match, if tie, goal difference. If that happened, PAO would definitley win the goal difference with the 3 we hit tonight.

But AEK with a win on wednesday will go through even if the points are tied, they would have beat us on head to head scores.

So basically

AEK wins - AEK is through.

Anything else, regardless of what happens tonight, is PAO going through.

The announcer just said Panathinaikos has reached 50 games this season.

This is the 52nd official game for the lads, so the fact they can run as well as they can is a tribute to good work by the conditioning coaches. 9 players have played the majority of these games

Paok doesn't have incentive to play. I would love to see how many fans will watch the Larissa-Paok contest next Sunday (paying attention).

Christodoulopoulos with some flashes of brillinace out ther. I think Ten Cate will make a really good player out of him.

so if we beat BAOK and we lose to AEK we are screwed?

standings if PAO beats PAOK:

PAO 15

AEK 12

PAOK who cares

AEL who cares

So, if AEK wins standings will be

AEK 15

PAO 15

paok

ael

And AEK would be:

first leg in OAKA was 1-1

Second leg would be an AEK win in this senario- 1-0, 3-2, 8-0, all of them are enough to give AEK the advantage they need.

Basically PAO can not lose, and theyre through. Any loss will see a tie on points, and a loss would mean automatically AEK wins the head to head.

standings if PAO beats PAOK:

PAO 15

AEK 12

PAOK who cares

AEL who cares

So, if AEK wins standings will be

AEK 15

PAO 15

paok

ael

And AEK would be:

first leg in OAKA was 1-1

Second leg would be an AEK win in this senario- 1-0, 3-2, 8-0, all of them are enough to give AEK the advantage they need.

Basically PAO can not lose, and theyre through. Any loss will see a tie on points, and a loss would mean automatically AEK wins the head to head.

Thanks im praying we dont lose against AEK. They have a superior defense to us

Cyber and maybe XXX18T, you know very well the morons on the other forum idolize Rukavina and rubbish Petropoulos (and even claim Mantzios is no comparison to Rukavina - absolute stupidity, this is like honestly comparing Debbah to Liberopoulos)

Those really are the most football uneducated people EVER. Phantis is way better, people are actually knowledgable about the subject.

Just thought Id say that, as ive seen cybers name on "that" forum there too.

That goal was a great finish.

4-1 FT

I like it. 52 games later and our players still press high and try hard. I can't complain.

Today I liked the play from the wings with both fullbacks. A new wrinkle was the three or four runs up the middle by Vintra. Gabriel is very controlled and he helps a lot in midfiled. His work with moon down the right was exceptionally good today. Salpi did a good amount of work all over the offensive half and scored one. If we had a real CF we would be scary.

Roukavina... I'll let Drako handle this one since he becomes really eloquent when he talks about Roukavina. I don't share the strong feelings against the player but it's fun to read :P

Galinovic 7

Moon 8

Spyropoulos 9

Vintra 8 (lost one point for the error on the Paok goal)

Sariegi 8

Simao 7

Gilberto 7

Karagounis 7

Gabriel 8

Salpigidis 7

Roukavina 4

Mattos 7

Christodoulopoulos 8

Petropoulos 8 just for scoring a nice goal

Next game at AEK is the whole season. If that Salpi penalty had gone in, we would not be worried about it, but we can beat AEK anyway.

Drako, I get into all PAO things online. I think the people you are talking about don't watch the games and only read newspapers. I had high hopes for Roukavina but he seems pretty immature. I much prefer Petropoulos as CF because he has more of the killer instinct I covet for the position.

Titus: Forgive me man, it's my 52nd game. I am running out of steam

Cyber, you know I never comment on your ratings -they 're sacred to me- but did you really mean to give Lazaros an 8? Waaaayyy too generous man. Anyway, I liked the effort by the lads tonight - good hustle till the end and a fourth goal just seconds before time. I don't think we have the greatest manager in the world but this is certainly the HTC effect.

PS: Drakos I have a rule you might find useful: never discuss sports with 'opadoi' just like you would never discuss religion with a fanatic monk or politics with right/left wing extremists. In these past few months, players have been judged by who signed them, who they talk to on the phone and whether this or that journalist likes them or not. At least here on Phantis our love for our clubs does not feed on our complexes. This is why I 'm here to be honest. Anyway, I 'm not a RUka lover myself but I think you 're clearly going a bit too far with your criticism!

Titus, I thought Christodoulopoulos looked spirited and had several good runs that spread panic in Paok's defense, he had a couple good shots, and sprayed a few good forward passes around to his teammates. I thought this to be a "very good" effort. Maybe a 7 would have been more fair, or maybe I am too exuberant after the nice win, but he did look good to me out there.

I just watched the highlights again. I have to comment on Petropoulos' goal. This was perfect and I what I expect our CF to do. This is what the great Warzycha did all the time: Make goals out of nowhere. Simple. Stop the ball and shoot it at goal.

I am not saying that Petropoulos is it, but I see some potential in the youngster's attitude and game. For now I think he is a good prospect coming off the bench in mop up time, but if he keeps working hard (as it seems he has) he can can excel at PAO.

A big bravo to the team for being motivated and playing with some flare and attitude. Today I saw many different types of attack, and very effective game down the wings. Even though we lost this title, we have built a great deal this season and I can see us getting much better and scoring about 70-80 goals in the next one.

Archived