Phantis Forums

PAO v. PAOK

athinaios

This Sunday we play PAOK and I think they realize they're out of contention. This in combination with PAOK's weak away performances, I think Panatha will win this one way or another.

Then on next Wednesday it'll be a big derby playing against AEK.... assuming that AEK beats Larissa.... which is not a given thing.

Anyway, if Karagounis is fit and ready we'll win this one. This guy madly wants to go back to the CL.

One more thing about the playoffs. I believe this is a stupid system the way it's been. PAO has gotten 2 extra chances this past 2 seasons to play in the CL while finishing 3rd in the league!

I do love watching more of my favorite team but we got to get out of this slump in the last dozen years...

PS>Cyber, have you started the same topic again?? :1eye: Do the honors for the last playoff game... I'll be watching... :unsure:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha ha, I'll wait. No reason to jinx the team by thinking ahead. Paok are out of contention, and so is Larissa. Both teams will be thinking of vacation on Sunday so I think both AEK and PAO will win. It will then come down to one game: AEK-PAO.

I like our chances, but I am afraid of Bajevic' amazing luck. Did you see how the lose ball was served to Blanko today to put AEK ahead 4 minutes after AEK equalized? There is some metaphysics involved here... :whistle:

I like our chances, but I am afraid of Bajevic' amazing luck. Did you see how the lose ball was served to Blanko today to put AEK ahead 4 minutes after AEK equalized? There is some metaphysics involved here... :whistle:

Did you also see the goal that they didn't count (for no real reason) and the other goal after PAOK (not AEK) equalized? :P

Ha ha, Genome, AEK is doing well and I am glad for it, but we'll beat you next game metaphysics or not :P

Today's game is a must-win for PAO though to put the pressure on AEK and to finish with winning momentum.

Many have mentioned that it's good for Greece to have PAO as a CL representative and this is a pretty good reason for it:

http://www.sportdog.gr/new/article.aspx?id=97256

We have good chances to draw weaker opponents.

I am not saying PAO should be appointed a permanent Greek CL participant, but now that I am thinking of it... :LOL:

Larissa -Aek 0-0.. The door is wide open. Time to end this now

actually the AEK game was irrelevant. 0-0 means basically nothing for us, AEK needed to lose and it didnt happen. It cant end tonight even if we win.

AEK is now level on points.

So, if PAO and AEK both won tonight, It would make no difference on the standings. If PAO ties and AEK won, AEK would still have to beat PAO too.

What I am saying is, even if AEK won tonight, theyd still need to beat us to go through, unless PAO lost which isnt expected for them.

Either way, nothing really changed for AEK, regardless of what PAO does they have to win (provided PAO manages at least 1 point tonight) - and even if we tie 2-2 vs PAOK tonight, or win 8-0, we need a tie will take us through vs AEK.

AEK's result didn't change much really. We need to either tie or win at AEK even if we win today.

The game started.

Galinovic, Moon, Spyropoulos, Sariegi, Vintra, Simao, Gilberto, Gabriel, Karagounis, Salpigidis, Roukavina.

Bench: Tzorvas, Melissis, David, Christodoulopoulos, Mattos, Mantzios, Petropoulos

seriously every year PAO has some player whose so horrible and nobody can understand it and rewards them with starts.

Its looking like Rukavina,

Last year Papadopoulos has the honor.

before

Biscan

Seric

Maric ( and with rukavina - notice the CROATIAN trend of crap players - the only decent ones weve had have been Galinovic, Vlaovic and Jarni)

Vyntra (amazing to beleive hes actually a decent player now he was a nightmare)

Drako, tell us about Roukavina's last play. I can't be a descriptive as you can

Rukavina. his play was as "fluid" as a clogged toilet.

Great Gabriel goal.

Remember when PAOK was talking about going fo Champions League and this great season they were having?

:LOL:

Paok has been kept in this division with rubber bands from EPO. I don't mind them though, now that they signed Gagatsis they'll set up their own little paranga in Thessaloniki :P

I missed the commercial with the cats. I like the Amstel one in the souvlatzidiko with the "sunshine paradise". Ah, Ellada. One more month and I am on the airplane B)

i think its only on ERT world you must be watching the real ERT 1 by stream or Greeklive---- Its a very corny commercial with computer animated kats with komboloides in New York. :LOL:

The amstel one is good. I like the idea of putting a situation without amstel and showing how important it is - sort of like how got milk's original approach. also very funny lol

1 month, im sure you cant wait. If it makes you feel better ive been several times this year being a short flight away :P . I cant wait to go back to America really...

Archived