Phantis Forums

PAO v. Larissa

athinaios

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyways 3-1 is what i predicted I think thatll hold... I just turned the game on, so I cant comment on how we played.

Drako, you missed an excellent first half by PAO. With the exception of about 10 minutes, we have dominated this one.

Added: and you missed a bad performance by Roukavina :LOL:

Things are falling in place in the playoffs. If we can keep up this kind of game and attitude we don't have to be afraid of anything.

I liked how we took charge and pushed forward to score more. Ten Cate made the right substitutes at the right time and locked the game.

Larissa is a good team and the next game at their home will be even tougher, but we can win again to keep all suspense at bay. They only had a couple of mild chances and scored a silly goal, but looked nimble with ball circulation and have the potential to give us fits if we don't show up on Wednesday.

Galinovic 6

Moon 8

Spyropoulos 6

Vintra 8

Sariegi 8

Gilberto 8

Karagounis 9

Gabriel 8

Christodoulopoulos 6

Salpigidis 7

Roukavina 5

Mattos 7

Ninis 5

Cleyton -

I just don't get this guy. Pateras goes to Paiania, points a finger at him, calls him a tourist, threatens to kick him out and still he pulls all his usual nonsense in yet another game. It just beats me...

AEK beat PAOK....now AEK are within 1 point of PAO.

Very dangerous, if AEK wins again in OAKA, then a loss would seal our fate if we lose to AEK, or even drop points in the next 2 games.

Drako, you missed an excellent first half by PAO. With the exception of about 10 minutes, we have dominated this one.

Added: and you missed a bad performance by Roukavina :LOL:

Bad perfomance by Rukavina? But Derby convinced me he was a future superstar!!! :LOL:

I'm unsure what to make of this performance. We passed well were clearly the superior team today, but we also let them get back into the game. At 2-1 Giannakopoulos missed a shocker for them. Had that gone in the game could've been very different. I'll also add that PAO fans have no right to criticise this team or to demand success. 2,000 fans? That's a disgrace! Best fans in the world? I hate to say it but other Greek clubs' fans put us to shame. Aside from that, I do think that HTC has done a great job of rotating the team and keeping the players fresh.

As for my take on the player ratings:

Galinovic 3 - He was our worst player. He was at fault for the goal and flapped at the ball on numerous occasions.

Moon 7 - Very good going forward, a little less impressive defensively.

Spyropoulos 7 - Same as Moon

Vintra 8 - Very solid, Zurawski was marked out of the game and he looked accomplished.

Sarriegui 8 - He wasn't under much pressure but he wasn't really noticable, which is always a good sign for a centre-back. His positioning was good and was comfortable.

Gilberto 7 - Did well in his pressing but his passing was a little off.

Karagounis 9 - He really is the heart and soul of this team. Everything he does is excellent.

Gabriel 7 - He's always a consistent performer without ever really shining and he did the same today

Christodoulopoulos 7 - Worked hard and put in a solid shift. He wasn't spectacular but did well.

Salpigidis 7 - Scored a good goal and worked hard.

Roukavina 6 - An average game, I think you guys are too critical of him.

Subs:

Mattos 7 - Pretty solid and was economical in his passing

Ninis 8 - I thought Ninis was excellent when he came on. He revitalised the team with his passing

Cleyton - Not enough time to judge

Archived