Phantis Forums

Paok-Olympiakos

Crazy

For the second time in one week,Olympiakos will be playing against Paok but this time for the championship and in Toumba.Really hard game,tough and hostile crowd as always and our team will go there with many players missing like:Diogo,Galleti,Domi,Antza,Galitsio and Stoltidi.The funny thing is that we will secretely have many Pao fans hoping that we actually manage to beat Paok so maybe their team can get closer to the 2nd spot in our league.I just hope for a nice game and for our general manager,Theodoridi,not to go through with his statement that if Paok and the police can not control the Paok fans and we have any "normal" weird situations,that he will take the team from the pitch and leave.

Here i have some previous games between the 2 teams.

1973-74

Paok-Olympiakos 1-0

1975-76

Paok-Olympiakos 3-1

1987-88

Paok-Olympiakos 6-1

1990-00

Paok-Olympiakos 0-2

2000-01

Paok-Olympiakos 2-4

2006-07

Paok-Olympiakos 2-3

HA HA, I've been posting in the wrong forum :wacko:

This is scary. I am watching the PAOK - Olympiakos highlights and there are so many coins and bottles that showered the pitch it's ridiculous. They need to ban stadiums for this kind of pathetic and violent showing.

Tzortzevic gets hit with a bottle on his hand and the ref is pretending that it's not a big deal. A PAOK player made the case that it's not heavy enough to incur damage. I know that I would not want to be hit with a bottle full of water. It can take your eye out.

The scariest came a little later toward the end. Conceicao and Tzortzevits pull each other's shirt near the corner. Conceicao slaps Tzortzevic in the face. Tzortzevic falls again like he was hit by lightning and stays down (sure I would not want to be slapped in the face either) and then all hell breaks out with bottles coins and lighters raining down on the corner area.

Watch this play carefully. Tzortzevic is down, Nikopolidis runs to help him up because the objects are coming down fast. And then, in the background, watch right in the quarter-circle of the corner area. A bottle falls and is nailed to the turf upside down :blink: :blink: :blink:

A bottle thrown from the fans is nailed neck-down on the turf. Imagine if it hit a human what kind of damage it would incur.

If you watch the video of this shot, it's scary. The bottle comes out of nowhere like a misile and just gets nailed to the turf. No bounding, no extra movement. Nailed :blink:

Posted Image

All this fanaticism is not leading anywhere. I know many people here enjoy the unruly atmosphere of soccer stadiums, but there must be a line drawn somewhere.

Flares: OK. :tup:

:argue: : OK

Violence: NOT OK. ( :bangin: : :nono: )

Punish violence: OK. ( :bangin: : :bangin: )

Fans entering the pitch: Deliver them to Nikopolidis :LOL:

Media stop reading asinine announcements by club officials and fans: P-L-E-A-S-E :nono:

Flares: OK. :tup:

:argue: : OK

Violence: NOT OK. ( :bangin: : :nono: )

Punish violence: OK. ( :bangin: : :bangin: )

Fans entering the pitch: Deliver them to Nikopolidis :LOL:

Media stop reading asinine announcements by club officials and fans: P-L-E-A-S-E :nono:

I agree 100%

Archived