Phantis Forums

PAO - Aris

athinaios

OK, I'm back. I'll take care of this game. ;)

I think, given the sorry state of Greek refs, an instant replay should be introduced. Give the coach 2 challenges for every game. Any 2 instances they want to be reviewed. The ref and the 4th on the sidelines should have the option to review any case.

The game will be improved and more confidence in the sport is a good thing. We have it here in the US and it hasn't killed any sport. Plus, the refs will be more careful and less prone to outside influence.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well yes it was a penalty, it was easier to spot from the TV.

Of course genuine mistakes will happen. But in so many clear penalties not given, its best not even to waste time. Were not getting the calls, even if our players get stabbed on the pitch they wont get a PK. Thats playing for PAO, you just have to rise above it, if you want handouts and dishonest sham-pionships, you play for OSFP.

But anyways. Were 0-0 because we are damn unlucky, again. I honestly think we should be 2-0 up were all over them. We may not get the calls we deserve, but our luck has not been paying back its dues in the league games.

It wasnt a push on Gilberto in the box... He went up in the air for a header in the box, and Neto raised his arm up and obstructed him from gettin in the flight of the ball. Its not a penalty, unless you wear red and white pin stripes and play near the port...

Forget penalties and such. Aris are staying behind the ball and are putting 5 in the box at all times... we need someone who can dribbled past one or two players... Id like Ruka in for Salpi or Mantzios and Cleyton in for Kara...

HTC can say whatever he likes - the refs in Greece don't understand much English anyway.

Btw, what about that push in the box Gilberto was complaining about? Was it a penalty? I 'm not watching the game, obviously, so I would appreciate some info. Thanks in advance, guys.

Well, I saw a penalty. Silva is in the air and expects to meet the cross. If it weren't for the elbow on his waist he could have scored. These kinds of plays happen all the time and it's ok, but in this case Silva was up ended by the push.

OK, I'm back. I'll take care of this game. ;)

I think, given the sorry state of Greek refs, an instant replay should be introduced. Give the coach 2 challenges for every game. Any 2 instances they want to be reviewed. The ref and the 4th on the sidelines should have the option to review any case.

The game will be improved and more confidence in the sport is a good thing. We have it here in the US and it hasn't killed any sport. Plus, the refs will be more careful and less prone to outside influence.

athinaie

if you think about it, the PK is arguably the most beneficial call in sport. A goal in football is way more than any other sports scoring. Goals are massive in football, and there is a stupid rule allowing a team to get a goal from winning a PK in the area. Now, we can debate weather the PK is stupid to begin with, but heres an idea:

Given that ALL penalties influence games tremendously esp when converted the vast majority of the time

Why not, when the whistle is blown, REVIEW IT using our amazing technology?

The whole defense for the stupid anti-reviewing excuse is time time.

Would it really kill football, if we didnt have that stupid running clock, which is nothing but a purpose of manipulation for losing teams anyways? Why on earth, cant the clock click "stop", review the PK instance?

How many near-penalties are in quesiton in your average game? 2??? Sometimes 3? No impact.

FIFA is a joke, lets be honest. They condone time wasting in their running clock, and they are unwilling to accept that the referee cant do everything accurately. Its not just Greek League, the Euro, the World Cup these things deserve reviews - Im not talking about offside, even thought they are huge calls too, but at least PKs.

Because a wrongful PK or PK miss call is just plain unfair. Nearly every team has fallen victim to this, and its not allowing the better teams to win when they should be or even drop points when they deserve too.

& Fair Play? SAXLAMARES.

What about leagues that are obviously full of crap. Today I saw NAC play Ajax, and Ajax Suarez went down holding his face (replay showed he was full of it) and they went and played on. Good for NAC I say - why should they kick the ball out for someone trying to run out the last minutes? Juventus did the same thing. If a player goes down, stop the clock. This way the player is tended to, and the opponent will not suffer liars and cheats, lets be honest, Latin Americans and Southern Europeans are full of this behaviour. FIFA are morons, who dont want the game to go on with the better team winning.

HOLY CRAP!

PAO GOT A PENALTY!!!!!!!!!!! Oh wait - its ok - OSFP won yesterday :P

Well, if this was reviewed PAO may not have gotten it....

Hey, did you read my first post in this thread? ;) :P :LOL:

true! I still agree with penalty reviewing. The ref should be 100% sure its a penalty. If Gilberto wasnt touched (his foot was nicked) then it should not be a PK. Thats just not fair. If we dont get it, at least its because it wasnt a penalty, and not screwed over.

If Penalties were reviewed, we wouldnt be at such a large league differential, Iand we dont need this PK because the goal is coming for PAO anyways.

But like I said.....OSFP won last night. They can do this with no bad concious now! :P

To be honest, when I heard we got a penalty, the first thing that came to my mind was 'man, I 'm sure this wasn't a penalty and tomorrow we 'll have to endure all kinds of surreal crap'. This is some cosmic joke or sthing...

PS: Just saw the penalty on goal4replay.net - don't know whether Karampelas touched him or not, didn't look like it to me, but he's not really complaining so I still don't know. In any case, no doubt the ref heard about the penalty and sending-off not given in the 1st half. Typical Greek football logic...

Archived