Phantis Forums

Where is Star International

Been a while since this has been raised but where is Star International in the USA they have been advertising USA time for nearly a year now and yet there not broadcasting there yet...?

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

It looks like the channel was supposed to launch in the US, probably why it has airtimes for US audiences. I think the reason it hasn't is because DirecTV may not be interested in adding any new Greek channels and more importantly would this channel bring in many new subscribers, I would say NO. If they don't think they can make money off it then they won't add it. On the other hand, there could be some other reason like the two parties (DirecTV and whomever has the rights to Star International) have not been able to come to an agreement.

Personally this looks like a waste of bandwidth, I wouldn't subscribe to it.

Good question. Same thing goes for MAD World who has written on their site that they will be available in the US for over a year now.

Taking a look at the video though, it looks like Star may need to do some program re-working to better fit both Australian and US times if they ever launch in the US. For example, it says that the news would play at 11:45PM US time. :blink:

I guess to each his own. They air mainly foreign programs don't they, how much Greek programming do they have?! I think I read that Elenora Meleti is on this channel now and that lady that was on ERT- are their programs any good?!

There is not much on Alter either IMO, some of the news shows are good but the rest is all crappy gossip programs and stuff like that. The only thing I would watch on there is Zougla & the shows with Hardavellas.

Do you watch Alpha at all, I read on Satleo that the Germans are going to be making changes to the channel. Apparently its going in the direction of Star, meaning lots of foreign programming.

The only foreign stuff Star Int shows is about 2 spanish soaps ( dubbed in Greek ) daily thats about it everything else they show is Greek they show the lineup of greek shows they show in greece along with other specials like theatre stuff, movies, old serials and comedies etc its a pretty decent channel they have made for themselves

Full Guide can be found here : http://www.ubiworldtv.com/files/tv-guides/...ws-101-STAR.pdf

That Elenora Meleti show is pretty decent but pretty much aimed at a younger demographic as most shows on Star do

Alpha is pretty good they have a decent lineup of drama's, serials, comedies on every night here which is primetime viewing and a good time to show them

Will see what the Germans do with Alpha you never know they might improve things as with most things RTL buy they make into big success's

Archived