Phantis Forums

INTER- PANATHINAIKOS

athinaios

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is best is that if PAO qualify, then Greece league gets also points, and also PAO gets coeficient boost thats its needed, to make sure they stay seeded in draws.

Yes, wins bring

1) Happiness = It's all about being happy. Players get happy, fans get happy, management gets happy, investors get happy. It's funny how men can be happy just sitting on a couch :P

2 ) Qualification = more chances for more happiness, or some pain too. But pain after a certain point is forgotten and happiness persists for generations.

3) Confidence = without it, wins (and happiness) are harder to come by

4) Prestige = now when we say "Panathinaikos" more people abroad respond with that warm fuzzy feeling. Try it on a South Beach club if you want to pick up girls. Just say "Panathinaikos" and you get lucky instantly. It works so well the DA might outlaw the use of the word. It also does miracles when the team courts foreign stars, but who cares about that.

5) Country points = with more points for Greece we can safely shun the superleague title and still get to play in CL.

6) Coefficient points = in subsequent appearances we get to increase our chances of playing with smaller teams, hence we increase our chances of recalling this list.

7) Money = players get richer, and the club gets more money. So far what seemed like an enormous investment in the summer has been returned in whole in a few short months.

But, before we get too excited we need to stay focused on the next game. It's not over yet and our next opponent is capable and can score easily. I watched their game yesterday and it was exciting. Sure, Werder was going all out to score in the end so they left their defense open, but nonetheless, Ano were unlucky not to have scored a couple more. I want to play in OAKA with the same 3-4-3 and let Ano do all the running.

Titus is right about our defenders needing extra help to cope, even though I don't think anyone in the world could mark Ibra-Andriano without any help. Their design is to exploit mismaches when one or the other gets good chances of finding themselves marked by an undersized fullback (as when they receive a high ball in the opposite end of the box), and with 3 CBs we denied them this strength. They always had a CB on them even when they pulled wide, and there was always a second player sweeping behind them. Kudos to HTC. He is a good coach and this win probably cemented him on the bench for a while. We need a little stability on the bench and these two wins will help us achieve it. Kudos to Antoniou too.

The important thing is the team has adjusted to overcome its limitations. In my mind, this is more important than transfers. No team is perfect and to win a team must organize around support for the weaknesses and exploiting its strengths.

I am off for Thanksgiving. Happy holidays to everyone and "thanks" all around. A big "Thank you" to Phantis that provides this nice forum so we don't have to go through all this happiness alone :tup: And "Thank you" to all the friends here for making a little "kerkida" online for the games with intelligent and insightful comments. :nw:

What i liek most is this...

After Pao beat werder... I was listening to a talk show on Nova and some oly fans said that sure PAO beat werder, but theyll never do what oly did last year which is make it to the 16, NOWADAYS, as opposed to before 2001.. and also win two away games in one CL campaign.

Well.. Not only did we win TWO away games, but we did it in style... and most likely made it to the 16.. now what can oly say.. OH right.. its back to the ''we won the most championships' farce. Well have fun with that...It wont last forever ladies...

NikosVazelas - when you listen to talk shows, with callers in you listen to idiots. Generally thats the truth.

You will hear the dumbest things imaginable from some of their hardcore fans, becuase their hard-core fans are total idiots. Look at Tsoukalas. He is the most pathetic person to be broadcasted on television.

PAO will never be able to repeat OSFP"s success? What going to the next round? So PAO never gone to the next round? beating the best team in europe in 95 in one of the toughest stadiums arguably in the game of football, in the biggest game after a final - and we wont dream of accomplishing getting to the next round which weve done way more?

How great would it be if trianos dellas scored the winnerbfor anorthosis to knock out pao!! Even better yet a 90 minute own goal for yiannis gkoumas top corner on galinovic. Anyway you look at it at least pao willbgo thru if ano does and any Greek Cypriot will take that over anything!!! I can guarantee this it will be a tense 90 minutes for pao every one of there fans will be wearing a diaper that game!!!!

You dont have to see the goal. You dont have to watch the game. You dont even have to see the highlights. Nothing. You dont EVEN have to know the score of the game at FT.

All you have to watch is this...

Why is this video unavailable now? Is there anywhere else to see it?

Fantastic form in away matches from PAO.

I do not think we have ever won two back to back away games EVER! :tup:

Memories of 2002-03 are coming back!!!

I will be at OAKA once again vs Anorthosis.

No matter what we do domestically, I already consider this season to be a success.

It shows that good work is done, with much progress vs the best competition.

Respect to the 5.000 brothers that turned this game into a home game. :nw:

WELL DONE PANATHA

One more win (or tie) please!

Gabriel: this summer's best "defensive" ;) acquisition.

The man is on fire.

PEACE

How great would it be if trianos dellas scored the winnerbfor anorthosis to knock out pao!! Even better yet a 90 minute own goal for yiannis gkoumas top corner on galinovic. Anyway you look at it at least pao willbgo thru if ano does and any Greek Cypriot will take that over anything!!! I can guarantee this it will be a tense 90 minutes for pao every one of there fans will be wearing a diaper that game!!!!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!!!!!!!!! MOD WARNING! WATCH IT!

The only person wearing a diaper is you after having special dreams over Kotadinou

You will be eating your words like Mourinho did - katse kala!

Great results for Panathinaikos and Olympiakos.

The next step for Greek football will be when such results dont make the fans as excited because it will mean that both teams have moved up a level and are beating teams like inter and benfica like this more often.

On the subject of Ano why in heavens name do so many people begrudge their success. Whatever they do it is down to luck!

also Ano fans have as much right to cheer and talk up thier teams successes as any other team.

Clearly they have had their share this term (just like every team that stays positive and puts pressure on defenders and goalkeepers)

Panathinaikos didnt turn up when they played in Cyprus, is that Ano's fault? No!

Did Pana have any luck in that game? No, they didnt deserve it!

Against Inter,in both games they deserved any luck they got because they were the better side.

Panathinaikos are favourites to win the next game and go through to the last 16.

If they do I can tell you for sure that all the Anorthosis fans will be cheering on Panathinaikos hoping that they can go all the way. Just like they do every year.

I have been a Pana fan for years and a Cypriot which is why I'm irritated by the attitude towards Ano.

Having said that football fans tend to react like this so maybe I should accept it.

My dream would be to see John Terry of Chelsea score an own goal with his arse in favour of a 1-0 win for Panathinaikos in the final of the champions league.

Now that the kind of luck I like!!

The only person wearing a diaper is you after having special dreams over Kotadinou

You will be eating your words like Mourinho did - katse kala!

I here ten thousand olympiakos supporters will be the game cheering for anorthosis!! @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

WARNING: I don't like where this is going. I'm planning on having a good weekend without aggravation, so I won't hesitate to pull the trigger. ;)

Na sou bo kati i am so happy pao and anorthosis have achnace to make it to the final 16 at least one greek team will reprsent!! Pao are the clear favourites and i cant see anorthosi pulling off a victory but you never know!!! But when you got boasters like XXX who are mocking the Cypriots na katsis kala for what because the greens got pounded in Cyprus they never showed up to play they deserved to lose when you dont respect a greek team like anorthosi for what they have accomplished so far then you have no business and even talking about football!!! Anyhow may the best team win Win or lose the Greeks win in the End!!!!! XXX you have an infatuation when i post why are you stalking me just becasue you dont like Cypriots doesnnt mean you have to stalk my posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, guys, enough of this. Talk about the game, but please leave out the other stuff about personalities and nationalities. The written word has some limitations since someone may intend to be funny but appears as an insult.

We are all fans of the sport, and we support a team since we were little kids. As adults we should be able to have good chats among friends. :tup:

Let's keep it a fun place here. No one likes to be insulted, right? Who needs the unnecessary aggravation?!!! :la:

If you feel you've got to get physical and elbow others, I've got you several stores in the US that open at 4 am with great bargains.... but you have to fight others for the stuff :LOL:

Athinaios you speak a lot of sense.

Panathinaikos have been my team for many years but I will even support Olympiakos when they play in Europe. I don't tend to go with all the blind hatred thing.

I was just get irritated by keyboard heroics and responded accordingly.

I will try to heed your wise words

Athinaios you speak a lot of sense.

Panathinaikos have been my team for many years but I will even support Olympiakos when they play in Europe. I don't tend to go with all the blind hatred thing.

I was just get irritated by keyboard heroics and responded accordingly.

I will try to heed your wise words

Mate there is no heroics here i just hate bandwagoners.

I have no problem with Cyprus

Zenon before you talk there is a bit of a history with trolls on the forum ;)

Archived