Phantis Forums

Werder- PAO

athinaios

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 and a half hours before the match. It isnt a very comforting feeling playing in Werder. Its going to be a difficult game. The longer the game stays at 0-0 the better chance pao have at winning it. I think we will see a great defensive battle, compared to what most think. Pao will try to defend by having 3 DMs and Kara, Gabriel and Mantzios up front. Possibly Salpi in for Mantzios or Gabriel.

The counter will play a vital role. If we can score one in the first 45.. we will fall back and try to defend the lead... which might turn and bite us in the ass.

Lets not forget that last year, Oly beat this team. In the first half, Werder dominated, scored one goal and missed at least 4 more chances. 2 of them being tete a tetes. I say this now, because last night i watched the game with my grandad. we have it saved on the hard drive of the pc him being a real GAVRO. Even he said that Werder played better. Lemonis didnt change strategy, even after the 1-0 and depended on the counter. That is the best way. Anorthosis did the same thing.. Werder missed a bus load of chances and in the end, they got a draw. Is a draw good enough for us???

Lets analyze... IF we draw tonight... we will have 2 points.. Werder will have 3 and Anorthosis will have 4, barring some heroics against Inter...

If Inter DO beat Anorthosis... they will have 10 points.... and will have clinched 1st place.

Maybe an already qualified Inter in Italy is an easier match than this Werder match.... No matter what.. 2 wins in our last 3 matches and I think we have secured a 2nd round ticket.

trying to foresee who will win where and how the points will be is as difficult as 69ing a midget..

Everything is relative. Honestly, in spite of the ''coaching'' mistakes he has made.. HTC has made PAO more dangerous in the offensive side than i remember in recent memory. Rarely did we have games where we had sooo many chances that didnt come offf crosses and rebounds... Actual plays that come from '' ton Axona''. It is a delight to see. Defensively is another thing. But then again, we cant blame 10 Cate for the Vyntras, Sarieguis of this world. He is doing the best he could with these two players, who are sometimes really good, often let us down on individual blunders.

Perhaps a 5 back system would help us in todays game...

Have Goumas, Vyntra and Sariegui in the back.. Nilsson and spyro in Fullback mode where they can push up....5-3-2 or a 3-5-2 whatever ypu want to call it.3 in the back like goumas, vyntra and sariegui almost relatively takes away Werder Crossing the ball in and looking for headers.

Tripolis played that way last season and teams had a hard tiem scoring goals against them.

With Gilberto and Simao in the midfield, Gabriel and Kara on th wings, cutting towards the middle when on the counter.. and mantzio up front... we can go from having 7 or 8 behind th eball at any time, to, with the help of our full backs, countering with 5 or 6 players up front.

Of course this all sounds good on paper, btu the truth is, if the team that showed up against Panionio plays today, we have a shot.. If its the second half team that played against Ergotelis... we are doomed.

Either way, It is a very difficult match. So my Prediction is..

My heart tells me 1-2 PAO

Logic tells me 3-1 Werder..

Sigh... 6 hours 15 minutes

Doh! All this "relativity" has blinded me.

Thanks Krusewitz, this looks like a nice forum. Nice posts in the English section. I'll sign up after I come home from work, then I have to figure out which button to push for "post"...

The post button is called "Antwort erstellen" . 6 hours and 8 minutes. I´m gettin a little nervous

And Officially,

---------------Galinovic-------------

Nilson----Vyntra--Sariegui---Spyro

Tziolis--------Gilberto--------Simao

-------Gabriel-----------Kara-------

----------------Mantzios--------------

Im at work and got the starting eleven before most stations.... i am cool..

I hope we have a jtv stream or soemthign so i can follow

And Officially,

---------------Galinovic-------------

Nilson----Vyntra--Sariegui---Spyro

Tziolis--------Gilberto--------Simao

-------Gabriel-----------Kara-------

----------------Mantzios--------------

Im at work and got the starting eleven before most stations.... i am cool..

I hope we have a jtv stream or soemthign so i can follow

Good selection imo. Gera PAO, geraaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gr:

We play a pure 4-3-2-1

Simao is clearly chasing Diego, and Tziolis moving forward to become the the third AM when we move forward and change to a 4-2-3-1. It looks like Mantzios will go at it alone. No AM moves in the box to support him so far.

We move the ball well, and everyone looks cool.

Nice block by Vintra ..

Archived