Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Levadiakos

cyberfish

Ninis has a lot to learn. This year I've seen him play exclusively as an AM and I am beginning to think that it would be better for him to move back to the wing. Like I said, all I hope is that he works hard to become the leader of this team in three to five years. For now, he is good and he is young and I think the way 10CT is using him up to now is just fine.

Roukavina is an exciting player. For his height he is very good with the ball and he is really fast. Today he had one run down the left with the ball where he started even with a defender and in ten meters his stride had brought him on meter ahead. He is also young and he can be special soon. It did not look today as if he was conditioned to finish a whole game, maybe due to his recent injury.

This game was surreal. It's almost as if 10CT wanted to silence all the critics. I have the feeling we'll see Melissis soon as well. The kid might not be ready.

BTW, the older player today was Sariegi at 29. Here are the ages:

Tzorvas 23, Gabriel 27, Spyropoulos 25, Vintra 27, Saiegi 29, Mattos 24, Ivan 25, Salpi 27, Roukavina 22, Cleyton 25, Sousa 26. The subs were Ninis 18, Christodoulopoulos 22, Petropoulos 22.

Maybe that's what Pateras meant when he said the team should go in a new direction (youth). There is a lot of future ahead for this group.

Also, I forgot to mention before, today was the first day in maybe two years that one of our CM's played high most of the time. It adds a new dimension to the team.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game was surreal. It's almost as if 10CT wanted to silence all the critics.

:huh:

were you really that impressed?

Personally I thought the game was boring, the only interesting thing is that PAO actually had some chances yestersday in addition to their goals. But overall, it give it a 6 performance from the team. We really should have put 4 past them, and 2nd half was very dull and uninspiring, and Levadiakos was really nothign special.

actually..... I just dicovered Stephen Appiah (27) is a free agent right now!

So yes lets get rid of him and pay Stephen instead :P :tup:

Getting rid of Gilberto is silly. Although I think the money on him was mis-spent, he's still a key player. Appiah would be a great addition though.

While we expect every player should come and dazzle us from day one, I do know that players go through stages through their careers and through a single season.

While us Greeks love the drama and overly rely on generalization ("player x is horrible" instead of "player x did not play well this game") in our assumptions, I think it's too early to give up on Gilberto. The amount of money he makes is not really an issue with me, and seeing that the coach is not afraid to bench him I feel comfortable.

Some players take a while to acclimate to a new team, country, or formation and seeing his body type he strikes me as a prime candidate for a player who reaches peak form later in a season. I'd rather wait until the end to judge whether he can help us or not.

Gilberto is an active member of Brazil's NT. How many players sport a line like this in their resume in Greece or around the world?

i said Moon and Garbriel are the exact same player only bryce is faster, so it was totally pointless to buy them both (while we ignore our our SERIOUS defensive issues is amplifying the issue)

totally pointless in hindsight.....but how did u expect them to know that moon would deliver as much as he has instantly...lets not forget he came on trial from a career with coleraine, and ajax cape town.

moon was signed for his potential...gabriel as a ready player...

so pointless at that time i think not...no one can see into the future!

Gabriel was just a pointless signing. Lets be honest, hes not a great player, he doesnt suit a position we needed, hes a defender who cant defend. HTC had Moon in camp and on the squad way before Gabriel came...

anyways,

Volleyball A1 has started and started with a green win in the opening Derby vs OSFP.

OSFP 1

PAO 3

:nw:

Hey, I missed the women's volleyball. Man, I watched the finals last season, when PAO was down at the brink of elimination, but they came back and beat gavroi!

Excellent. :tup:

PS. I have to say that I like the swimsuits better than the current uniforms ;) :LOL:

Archived