Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Panthrakikos

drakos13

Everybody likes those 1-2s and passes but, at the end of the day, this defensive circus is unacceptable for a big club. I 'm concerned.

Hey Titus, your avatar fits perfectly with your post.

I agree. Our defense looks shaky. We need to get better before Tuesday... We might see a 5-3-2 against Inter. Maybe drop Gilberto as a sweeper in front of the CBs... It won't solve the problem of gifting the ball, but I think we'll see much more clearing the ball away instead of little passes against Inter...

I am listenin to HTC's interiew today. He said he is not concerned about the mistakes because it will be a different team on Tuesday :unsure:

He is saying he liked Goumas and Mattos today, and that he is pleased that Ivan scored (plus his two fantastcic crosses).

He thinks many players had their mind in the Inter game.

Ha ha, he said "there is no reason to have a funeral in here, we won 3-0" :LOL: He forgot to say caso many times in there :LOL:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, it's one of my favourite paintings. I don't want to question HTC, as I always say that managers know better. However, I agree that we will possibly have to play a 5-3-2 on Tuesday. It seems that HTC will have to drop too many good players if he is to field this formation but he might have to bite the bullet. Judging from the interview, though, I don't see Iv, Mattos and Goumas starting against Inter. That will make me even more nervous about this game.... Oh, man, the CL excitement is back but we, the elderly, have to admit it: it's too stressful without a good defence.

it was a decent performance..i thought goumas was great, ivan shows that he is starting to get into great form and also mattos was very stable today....i was not very impresssed with the performance but i am impressed that we seem to be building as a team and i am happy with what ten cate is doing...he semms to know how to deal with the players well..we have one big problem an that is with our defense...spyro for me has been mediocre...we all know he can make a big diference on the field but he has to start picking up the pace and finsing his form...he has been far from great...gabriel needs to learn to position himself in defense better,..he is a threat attacking but his defense needs alot of work...we need at least one or two SOLID center backs because unless we pla with alot o caution or we start clicking back there, i see us eating alot of goals this year...but lucky i also see us scoring alot this year...we have a solid attack with alot of good plaers that can make the difference on the team..or me, from the CDM up we ave a ver solid squad...

A re Johny Goumas. capitano eterno...

He really is a never fail player we know what to expect from him. Great to see him with the armband too even though he wasnt technically appointed "captain" , he really is one.

The game was off and on for us. Some moments we looked good, and other periods of poor play and defense, enough to cause some concern. We did get 3, and we could have had at least 2 penalties, but there was no real reason for the ref to whistle them, not all infringments of the rules should be given a PK....

I was a bit disapointed with Ivanschitz today, but its the first time hes played for us in a while and I know hell catch up to form fast enough.

Archived