Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Panthrakikos

drakos13

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

H-T 2-0

We don't look bad, but we look kind of relaxed out there. If we play like that against Inter it won't be pretty. I'd like to see our defenders clearing the ball away instead of trying these cute little passes and dribbles around our box. It just allows the other team to hope that they can steal the ball without committing any numbers forward.

In all fairness, the defense is 3/4 new today, so I won't make huge assumptions. I like the lineup and I hope we stick to it so they can gel.

Pao are lucky to not have conceded in the first half imo.

I didnt watch alot of the game 1st half but theres some stuff 1 thing i want to say. Why does ninis not play for the ethniki?! He is such a good player for his age man. Everytime i see him i cannot belive it . He had such a nice touch to ivan to send him thorough on the keeper. With all the probblems at CM dont you think this guy is the solution?!

Nice and relaxing win. I wish the playeres showed a little more urgency out there but overall I can't complain.

One problem I see is that against the weakest of opponents we are lucky not to have conceded two or three goals. Mostly from mistakes, but also from lack of marking in midfield. With such an aggressive lineup I'd expect the opponents to get closer to scoring (compared with say, last year when most of the team was thinking defense). However, I would expect a lot more chances than we created today. Besides the goals, I don't remember too many other chances when I jumped off my chair.

It's unfortunate we are still searching for a good lineup out there on the field, and I hope the team settles and finds its rhythm soon. The season is young and we'll get better, as long as we keep winning one way or another.

A few notes on some players:

Salpi served several good crosses, two of which became goals. My MVP today.

Melissis as a RB, looked like a CB playing RB. Not much, but he held the position better than Gabriel who seems to be drifting all over the field (watch him when he does not have the ball. He just follows the play and finds himself either forward on in the middle of the pitch).

Galinovic looks like he is not in good shape. He was caught out of position several times and mistimed two or three crosses that should have resulted in a score if Panthrakikos players believed in themselves a bit more. He did have one nice save in the end, but I'd like to see a little more security emanating from our GK.

Goumas I was happy to see back instead of Sariegi. Nice goal, and not bad on defense. Simao as a CB will develop into a good player, but I can see how an experienced CF could exploit his inexperience. He is tall, quick, and very skillful. If we are to lose games because of inexperience, I won't mind. It's just the price to develop a great CB that would be great for a decade.

I am still waiting for a good game from Spyropoulo.

Mattos was so and so with his passing and pretty bad with stopping the ball, but his tenacity and field position cannot be matched by neither Gilberto nor Simao.

Ivanschitz scored his second goal this season and I don't see how he can be left on the bench. His set pieces are an extra asset, but he did have some very nice plays down the left besides scoring again.

Sousa seems to have the skill and the power. He scored a goal and I hope it's the first in a long streak of goals for us. He can hold his own, but I often found myself wishing the three AMs would srping forward a bit faster.

HTC did a good job this time. I like that he did not change the formation from 4-2-3-1. I would have liked to see Christodoulopoulo a bit more, but maybe he wants to surprise Murinio on Tuesday :P

Aris at Thessaloniki will be next Saturday but for now:

On to beat Inter baby :nw:

Archived