Phantis Forums

Hungary vs Greece

Euro2004

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A very good shot by Hungary's number 8 from outside the box. Would've gone in if it weren't for Chalkias' save.

Corner for Hungary, out.

Bad game for us so far. Our defense doesn't look good at all, and nothing's happening up front either.

1-0 by AMANATIDIS ! ! ! Out of nowhere after a bad touch to the ball from Gekas, Amanatidis works it in the Hungarian nets.

End of the first half, and a Hungarian player now falls on the ground as if he got hit in the face by Katsouranis. Lots of theatre and very lame to do. Both players get a yellow card.

I'm unable to watch the game but Genome's comments (thank for them by the way) are worrying me. If our defence is troubled against Hungary and we can't attack either, what will happen against Spain, Sweden and Russia?! :blink:

I'm really starting to worry.

How serious was Nikopolidis' injury?

relax..........it's frendly against a weaker opponent.....primary focus is not tot get hurt, work on few things, stay in shape, and do just enough not to lose.......

We can't be saying "relax it's just a friendly" whenever we don't play well. It's imperative that we go into the tournament in good form... however I agree that no injuries are the priority, but what happened with Nikopolidis? Is it a serious injury?

How serious was Nikopolidis' injury?

Didn't look serious at all, it happened after he kicked the ball out on the field, seemed like his foot was a bit hurt but nothing too serious, but they took him off just to be safe.

Tbh I don't know where these commentators see a game "gemato me pathos ap'tous dio plevres" ... ??? Yes Hungary is playing to win but Greece is at times just getting outplayed. I think we had two serious chances the whole half including the goal.

I hope the second half will show a different spirit.

@DUDE agree we can not say "it's just a friendly", although not getting hurt is very important at this stage of course.

Players are walking on the pitch now ...

Could see this 1-1 coming from the previous half already.

I hope Hungary exposes that every weakness right now. I'ld rather have it now than in two weeks at the Euro 2008.

Tbh I don't see us winning today unless this goal has shaken them up.

@ Irlandos: that might be but this defence is doing a lousy job at absorbing it, and the counter was non-existent so far.

@ mangas21: through Greeklive (it's a paying service).

Archived