Phantis Forums

AEK-PAO @ PLAYOFFS (game 6)

cyberfish

postiga has been really good today drakos. if he played like this since january we would be singing a different song about him. Boutzikos coming in soon. 17 year old with lots of promise.

Simao is a great DM and is the best young dm in greece. wow. this kid just gets better and better. Ndoye, simao and mattos are 3 great summer transfers from last year.

simao is a fantastic DM!!!!!! we're lucky pou ton exoume...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we didnt loose to any derby!!! :tup:

good to see karnezi with great reflex!!!!

i used to play GK when i was in school and with my friends... i missed this position... im retired now... :P

Agreed......

Though you are anti-PAO sometimes, Postiga was really not that good....

You said it well - hes got no weapons. Hes not overly fast, hes not powerful, hes not a big finisher, he has a handful of B-level "footskills" half which he fusses up....hed be a fairly good suppporting striker at best.

He played very well off the ball today, Ill give him credit for that. But hes not an answer for us. Maybe hell go back to Porto and move to a smaller Portuguese team where hell be a bigger fish in a smaller pond so to speak.

Manucho id call a handy forward not a quality one......Hes deadly in the box, and if the game is right hell be a lifesaver......but hes not an all around complete player, and we dont have one to lead our striking duo's on a regular basis.

I'm really not anti-PAO, I just call it as i see it and sometimes people think I'm against the given team. I've repeatedly gone against the Olympiakos-line re: the whole Kalamaria saga, and regarding Lemonis, Kokkalis, Ivic, etc. And a few Oly fans made the joke (with a serious element to it) "why don't you change teams?"

I'm not the sort of fan that will slag off a player because he plays for PAO, I've said it before, I've grown up abroad, I haven't lived the rivalry in Greece and I don't really support a Greek team. I have a soft spot for Oly because I used to get to see them more on TV in the CL, but I'm not blinkered. I'd love to see PAO sign the best players in the world (or at least ones to bring some European glory in the UEFA Cup) and imo Postiga isn't such a player. I'd love to see PAO sign Brian McBride from Fulham... I know he's getting old but he's a fantastic target man and holds up the ball well too.

PAO only needs a few tweeks here and there and the team could be a real force.

As for the CL, PAO is certainly a superior team to AEK (imo) so is probably more likely to qualify for the group stages, but I really believe PAO is capable of winning the UEFA Cup (whereas AEK isn't) so I wouldn't have minded seeing PAO there again. I suppose we can always hope that if PAO makes it to the group stages but doesn't qualify from there, we'll get the 3rd spot needed to stay in Europe. I also want to see how Ninis copes in the CL! If the right moves are made in the summer we have some exciting times ahead!

Archived