Phantis Forums

Golden Boot

I thought he warants a topic this season.......I hate the player, but nobody can deny hes probably the best in the world right now...Cristiano Ronaldo.

In all compettiions this year he has 46 GOALS THIS YEAR! :o :o :blink:

38 for Manchester United, 8 for Portugal.....

When was the last time we saw a midfielder go this crazy goalscoring??? A striker even??! Jardel ?

In terms of striker, Bayerns Luca Toni has 38 goals this season all competitions, 33 for Bayern and 5 for Italy....

Heres a list of former winners, among them Nikos Machlas :gr:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Golden_Boot

I think Ronaldo will hold the world record goalscoring season for this competition this year.....goals are on a coefficient system and hes scored them in CL and EPL.... If he breaks 47 goals then hed have more goals than any other Golden Boot in a season in any league...

But which goals do they count ? Do they count CL and National Team?

His acheivements have indeed been amazing. It's difficult to say whether or not he's the best player in the world or not because Toni and Messi have also been exceptional this year. I would definately say Ronaldo deserves the world player of the year award though. It will be ineteresting to see how he performs at Euro 2008.

Messi hasnt really compare man....sure hes been good, but hes been injured, and Barca arent going to win the league, and Ronaldo is absolutley out of hand scoring.....I think its a very easy contest.

Besides, Messi has no chance of winning the Golden Ball as thats the goalscoring award ;)

Messi has 9 goals in SPL, 6 in CL.... 15 total

He has a lot of catching up to do in the next few games hes going to reach 38 :D

Yes but when Messi got injured he was top scorer in the CL, he's also offered alot to general play for both Barca and Argentina, including a great Copa America.

I too think C. Ronaldo deserves it, but I think if others had been in diff circumstances, i.e. Messi not getting injured, Torres playing more regularly at the beginning of the season for Liverpool instead of being rotated, Berbatov being at bigger club, and Toni playing in the CL instead of the less prestigious UEFA Cup, then the award would have been much more hotly contested. As things are it has to be Ronaldo's award. But winning the World Player of the Year and being the best in the world is different because alot depends on circumstances.

Yes but when Messi got injured he was top scorer in the CL, he's also offered alot to general play for both Barca and Argentina, including a great Copa America.

I too think C. Ronaldo deserves it, but I think if others had been in diff circumstances, i.e. Messi not getting injured, Torres playing more regularly at the beginning of the season for Liverpool instead of being rotated, Berbatov being at bigger club, and Toni playing in the CL instead of the less prestigious UEFA Cup, then the award would have been much more hotly contested. As things are it has to be Ronaldo's award. But winning the World Player of the Year and being the best in the world is different because alot depends on circumstances.

I think your confusing Golden Boot with World Player of the Year....2 diff awards

were talking about Golden Boot..... Which means the top goalscorer overall points.....Messi isnt even in competition, because he has 15 goals and Toni and Ronaldo are in the 30's ... Messi has to hit 20 goals in the rest of the season to catch up....its not numerically possible for him to be a contender right now.

"World Footballer of the Year" is the award your thinking of ;)

and for that award, if Man U wins the CL, then I think Ronaldo has basically won it....unless....Bayern gets the UEFA and Italy with Toni gets the Euro, then Toni will get it

I think your confusing Golden Boot with World Player of the Year....2 diff awards

were talking about Golden Boot..... Which means the top goalscorer overall points.....Messi isnt even in competition, because he has 15 goals and Toni and Ronaldo are in the 30's ... Messi has to hit 20 goals in the rest of the season to catch up....its not numerically possible for him to be a contender right now.

"World Footballer of the Year" is the award your thinking of ;)

and for that award, if Man U wins the CL, then I think Ronaldo has basically won it....unless....Bayern gets the UEFA and Italy with Toni gets the Euro, then Toni will get it

Oh I'm sorry re file, I was chatting with a friend of mine about the World Player of the Year award about 5 mins before I saw your post and didn't realise your topic was titled "Golden Boot". :rolleyes: He'll def get golden boot, and world player of the year will follow shortly there after.

No doubt ronaldo will win both. Espcially in Man u take the epl and the CL which I think they will. Im still rattled ronaldo came 3rd last year. I dont think Kaka is as good as everyone says he is. But he won so many awards so I must be the one thats wrong.

No doubt ronaldo will win both. Espcially in Man u take the epl and the CL which I think they will. Im still rattled ronaldo came 3rd last year. I dont think Kaka is as good as everyone says he is. But he won so many awards so I must be the one thats wrong.

Kaka is a truly amazing player.....but he wont be a contender this year because of how Milan is doing... not well.......

I think it at this point depends on results...If Man U lose to Barcelona, and Bayern get the Triple,+ Italy going to the Finals and winning in Euro with Toni's scoring non stop he might be the one to deserve it...

I think it at this point depends on results...If Man U lose to Barcelona, and Bayern get the Triple,+ Italy going to the Finals and winning in Euro with Toni's scoring non stop he might be the one to deserve it...

Man U will get the double, ronaldo will do good with portugal and we will see. Munich will probably get a triple you may be right, but I think Ronaldo's double is bigger. Still, its all going to come down to the euro cup.

what about gekas!!?!?! :LOL: :box: :gr:

In terms of the World Player of the Year award I think alot depends on the success of the teams. Ronaldo was s%$#! in yet another big game yesterday, he was completely overshadowed by Messi. If Barca win the CL coupled with Messi's great performances at the Copa America then I think he might nick. Toni is also a contender. Euro 2008 will also play a big role.

But I can't see anyone catching Ronaldo for the golden boot.

You're thinking of the "golden mullet" award    :LOL:

He really is inspirational...man what a badass hair cut.

I remember when Gkekas was the man at Kallithea and moved to PAO I was an even bigger fan.....this is when I decided the Gkekas mullet was right for me! :P

Archived