Phantis Forums

Iraklis vs Olympiakos

paxiotis7

Olympiakos will take on Iraklis for the second leg of their quarter final encounter. Olympiakos are two nothing up, so the manager should play the youngsters.

Prediction : 1-1 Olympiakos with goals from nunez and papadopoulos agasnt his future club :P

Guest TheLegend

Why cant the dead rest in peice? Konstantinou is done. Id rather give younger players like Mitrouglou and Nunez (!!!!) who both, especialy nunez, have proven themselves, chances to play. They deserve to play more especaily mitroglou. Konstatinou is old burnt out dead etc..

I dont think mixali is done. I think he still has somethign left in him and its not his year. I bet he can regain his form, maybe not this year, but next for sure. Dont forget, this guy was a top class striker and is cyprus' all time goal scorer. With Konstantinou and Bravo and galleti playing we might see this...

-------------------------------------------SIFAKIS-------------------------------------------

-----Pantos---------------Cesar-------------------------Zewlakow---------Bravo---------

----------------------Mendrinos-------Stoltidis-------Kastikogiannis-----------------------

-------Galletti--------------------------------------------------------------Nunez------------

-----------------------------------------Konstantinou----------------------------------------

I dont think mixali is done. I think he still has somethign left in him and its not his year. I bet he can regain his form, maybe not this year, but next for sure. Dont forget, this guy was a top class striker and is cyprus' all time goal scorer. With Konstantinou and Bravo and galleti playing we might see this...

-------------------------------------------SIFAKIS-------------------------------------------

-----Pantos---------------Cesar-------------------------Zewlakow---------Bravo---------

----------------------Mendrinos-------Stoltidis-------Kastikogiannis-----------------------

-------Galletti--------------------------------------------------------------Nunez------------

-----------------------------------------Konstantinou----------------------------------------

People forget very quickly what players can offer. I've said it a million times and I'll say it another 3 million, in last years CL he was our best player along with Neri. He gets injured and everyone starts to hate him. I wonder what the reaction will be to Kovacevic next year when he's too old to perform. Konstantinou has always been a confidence player. If the Oly fans start chanting his name for 3 or 4 games I bet he'd start to show significant strides. Instead they boo him.

I'd love him to bag a couple of goals tomorrow.

I think of Konstatniou scored that penatly in the greek cup agasnt i dont even remember who things would be a lot different. He would have so much more confidence and even had a few superleague apperences

I missed the game! :tdown:

The first goal by nunez was a beauty! and what a set up by Konstantou on the second goal by mitroglou. I told you KOnstantiou would do good!

Btw how did the pairing of Konstantinou and Mitroglou look like? Must have been awkord with two big men no?

oh come on that Konstantinou pass was obvious he should be shot if he didnt make it..face it hes a loser and hes over.

lol, leave the PAO-tinted glasses aside for one minute. Nice control to bring the ball down, great feet to skillfully evade the challenge then a perfectly weighted pass to Mitroglou. If that was Ivanschitz you'd be saying how great it was.

and if that was samaras ud be saying hes overated. was a nice play but hes finished

I wouldn't have said Samaras is overrated and that if he didn't pull off this play he "should be shot", I'd have said it's a nice move but he isn't as good as everyone says. There's a big difference.

Konstantinou showed a glimpse of what he's capable of, fitness and confidence is what he needs and he'll be back to his best, silencing all his critics.

To move on, Olympiakos seriously need a goalkeeper, Nikopolidi is aging and we need someone to compete with him next year because Sifakis is one of the worst professional goalkeepers I have ever seen. The first goal he conceded was tonight was poor, but the 2nd was simply ridiculous! I didn't even see handling like that when I was at school at 9 years old!

I wouldn't have said Samaras is overrated and that if he didn't pull off this play he "should be shot", I'd have said it's a nice move but he isn't as good as everyone says. There's a big difference.

Konstantinou showed a glimpse of what he's capable of, fitness and confidence is what he needs and he'll be back to his best, silencing all his critics.

To move on, Olympiakos seriously need a goalkeeper, Nikopolidi is aging and we need someone to compete with him next year because Sifakis is one of the worst professional goalkeepers I have ever seen. The first goal he conceded was tonight was poor, but the 2nd was simply ridiculous! I didn't even see handling like that when I was at school at 9 years old!

i disagree...i rate sifakis very much...it was evident from todays game that he lacks matches under his feet...if he gets more time i believe he could make the step up to becoming a great keeper..he too lacks confidence and games, as does konstantinou...

i disagree...i rate sifakis very much...it was evident from todays game that he lacks matches under his feet...if he gets more time i believe he could make the step up to becoming a great keeper..he too lacks confidence and games, as does konstantinou...
He may have good agility but he is prone to HUGE mistakes. Today's mistakes were not due to rustiness, he didn't spill a cross or come too far out for a cross, etc. It wasn't an error of judgment, or a fitness issue, he merely failed to save a shot that was straight at him. I honestly believe that I could walk into any school in London, ask for their team goalkeeper and he would have saved that. It was a joke and imo, he just isn't good enough to succeed. Look at some of the the other young keepers around the world, he is miles behind them imo.

Archived