1. 1. Who goes on and how?

• Victory for PAO
    • Victory for Rangers
    • 0:0 Tie in the 90 mins and Victory for PAO
    • 0:0 Tie in the 90 mins and Victory for Rangers

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont know but the away goal it counts for double its pretty gay for me... :tdown:

i think that rule will eventually have to change......

it is a bit unfair...it emphasizes tactics to equal your opponents score not outscore them....thats not really the point of football?

When theres so many mistakes referees can make such as pretending Novo didnt trip morris from behind nowhere near the ball, elbowing Morris in the face, kicking the ball away angrily and other dirty tackles from behind....

it might as well take away the advantage of the away goal.. some games just naturally become highscoring for example, due to pitch conditions or just the flow of the game...away goals arent emphasizing a winner, but rather who has the favorable luck on the day there away...

its a stupid rule. Tied 1-1 on aggregate? Play extra time.

theyre suggesting that scoring away is worth twice as much as at home....when in reality its a variable...some games it is definitly impressive for a team to rise against the home pressure, but other times its just luck or nature of the games rythm that day....

By sitting back I don't mean that we didn't try to score at all or that we were all behind the ball. All I 'm saying is that, for once more, we didn't have the right spirit. We looked good, much better than Rangers, but not really aggressive between 35 - 75 min. You need to show these teams that you won't have it, you have to finish them off. However, I was explicit that we were unlucky as well. I 'm just focusing on a detail that can be crucial. All in all, I think we played a good game.

Even though i was pissed off right now i am actually happy that it ended this way.

Gia na mathei o m#$%!s o Peseiro na paizei gia to miden stin Skotia etsi wste na exoun oi Rangers tin efkairia na prokrithoun eite me niki eite me isopalia me goal.

Se ola ta sites diavasa tin Bathmologia ton Paixtwn.

Pouthena distixos den diabasa gia tin m*****a pou ederne ton Peseiro gia alli mia fora .

Blepeis re p***** mou oti apo tin arxi tou 2 imixronou exeis xasei tin kiriarxia sto Kentro kai den kaneis kamia allagi. Eki pou trws to goal thimithikes na baleis re p***** ton gonzales kai meta mou vazeis ton Pap pou exei na dei kalo agona apo ta prokrimatika tou UEFA?

Den itane etoimos o Manucho? Par'ta*****a mou tora p***** Portogale kai as erthei na mou pei kaneis oti eine Kalos Proponitis.

Ti exei kanei os tora o Peseiro:

1) exei katastrepsei ton Nini

2) exei to kalitero aristero back (Spyropoulos pou akoma perimeni debuto)

3) exei ksesxisti na bazei mesa Seric kai Papadopoulous.

4) Pairnei gia daniko enan pola iposxomeno paixti (Manucho) kai to paidi den prolavaini na dei evropi apo tin m*****a tou Portogalou.

5) Ean kai Galinoviz itan poli kalos den paboume na exoume ton kalitero Termatofilaka tis perasmenis xronias ston Pago

6)Eleos pia me ton Tzioli kai ton Matos tha borouse simera na ton bgalei ekso kai oxi na ton exi pasarela simera bas kai ton doun meriki skaouter.

7) oso gia to epithetiko podosfairo kala krasia akoma kai o Shoum pou den ton pigena stin thiteia tou eixe riksi i omada peripou 63 goal

<@@@@@@@@ edited!>

:tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

Even though i was pissed off right now i am actually happy that it ended this way.

Gia na mathei o m#$%!s o Peseiro na paizei gia to miden stin Skotia etsi wste na exoun oi Rangers tin efkairia na prokrithoun eite me niki eite me isopalia me goal.

Se ola ta sites diavasa tin Bathmologia ton Paixtwn.

Pouthena distixos den diabasa gia tin m*****a pou ederne ton Peseiro gia alli mia fora .

Blepeis re p***** mou oti apo tin arxi tou 2 imixronou exeis xasei tin kiriarxia sto Kentro kai den kaneis kamia allagi. Eki pou trws to goal thimithikes na baleis re p***** ton gonzales kai meta mou vazeis ton Pap pou exei na dei kalo agona apo ta prokrimatika tou UEFA?

Den itane etoimos o Manucho? Par'ta*****a mou tora p***** Portogale kai as erthei na mou pei kaneis oti eine Kalos Proponitis.

Ti exei kanei os tora o Peseiro:

1) exei katastrepsei ton Nini

2) exei to kalitero aristero back (Spyropoulos pou akoma perimeni debuto)

3) exei ksesxisti na bazei mesa Seric kai Papadopoulous.

4) Pairnei gia daniko enan pola iposxomeno paixti (Manucho) kai to paidi den prolavaini na dei evropi apo tin m*****a tou Portogalou.

5) Ean kai Galinoviz itan poli kalos den paboume na exoume ton kalitero Termatofilaka tis perasmenis xronias ston Pago

6)Eleos pia me ton Tzioli kai ton Matos tha borouse simera na ton bgalei ekso kai oxi na ton exi pasarela simera bas kai ton doun meriki skaouter.

7) oso gia to epithetiko podosfairo kala krasia akoma kai o Shoum pou den ton pigena stin thiteia tou eixe riksi i omada peripou 63 goal

:tdown:  :tdown:  :tdown:  :tdown:

kai ego tsoglani den katalaveno otan leei epithetiko podosfairo o peseiro ti ennoei...

to 1-0 sinexeia to vlepei epithetiko podosfairo??? ego pantos den vlepo i omada na paizei epithetiko podosfairo kathlou... vlepo oti molis vazei 1 goal oloi kathonte piso kai perimenoun... kai tha simfoniso mazi sou sta pio polla kai eidika gia ton manucho... pou eimai sigouros oti tha voithouse simera... einai kai etoimos... kai min akouo oti den einai kai tetoies blakies...

wtf with sportime.gr???? http://www.sportime.gr/football_inside.asp...rticle_id=72600

did they watch the game or no???? :unsure:

Sportime are complete idiots.

I stopped going to their site years ago, and I havent missed anything. The only reason they are popular is because of their headlines and covers, which are full of stupid expressions, re-arranged quotes and completly fabricated transfer rumors.

The only way to stop them is to not visit their pages, that means less hits= less money.

We need less Sportime in Sports Journalism.

As for Peseiro guys, Im not his biggest fan but you cant say this was his fault. We all know PAO was blatantly better team. We kept attacking, possesion, and we had one stroke of unluck. They had 2 decent chances all match...We had plenty of good ones.

Rangers had to cheat in TWO MATCHES just to end up ties with us. They are truly pathetic.

Matos was held back and that was a 100% penalty that was not given and altered the match. If OSFP can play again over an ineligable, theres no doubt we should have more than enough grounds for a rematch. But thats not how FIFA and U-Gayfa works unfortunatley. We do need a system for appealing and reviewing these awful calls. At least one replay per half. Whats wrong with stopping the clock occasionally? Is it such a crime?

Peseiro did things right I feel. Nilsson and Vintra played very well, and remember Spyropoulos is INELIGIBLE for UEFA.

PAO played to win, we dominated, we got unlucky, and denied a clear penalty.

I think the lineup was good, bringing on Ndoye was good, maybe Eki should have come on a bit earlier. We passed well, we found space, and we made chances and defense only made one mistake that cost....theres no way this was Peseiros fault...play that game 10 times over we would have the other 9

ego an imouna peseiro den tha evgaza ton postiga... isos na evgaza ton tzioli kai na evaza ton eki kai apo ekei kai pera tha evlepa gia tin epithesi... kai se kamia periptosi den tha evaza papadopoulo... manucho around 75 but... oti kai na poume we are out... :(

wtf with sportime.gr???? http://www.sportime.gr/football_inside.asp...rticle_id=72600

did they watch the game or no????  :unsure:

I stopped going to their site years ago, and I havent missed anything. The only reason they are popular is because of their headlines and covers, which are full of stupid expressions, re-arranged quotes and completly fabricated transfer rumors.

The only way to stop them is to not visit their pages, that means less hits= less money.

As for Peseiro guys, Im not his biggest fan but you cant say this was his fault. We all know PAO was blatantly better team. We kept attacking, possesion, and we had one stroke of unluck. They had 2 decent chances all match...We had plenty of good ones.

Rangers had to cheat in TWO MATCHES just to end up ties with us. They are truly pathetic.

Matos was held back and that was a 100% penalty that was not given and altered the match. If OSFP can play again over an ineligable, theres no doubt we should have more than enough grounds for a rematch. But thats not how FIFA and U-Gayfa works unfortunatley. We do need a system for appealing and reviewing these awful calls. At least one replay per half. Whats wrong with stopping the clock occasionally? Is it such a crime?

Peseiro did things right I feel. Nilsson and Vintra played very well, and remember Spyropoulos is INELIGIBLE for UEFA.

I think the lineup was good, bringing on Ndoye was good, maybe Eki should have come on a bit earlier. We passed well, we found space, and we made chances and defense only made one mistake that cost....theres no way this was Peseiros fault...play that game 10 times over we would have the other 9

we played attacking football till we score... then katsame piso...

ego an imouna peseiro den tha evgaza ton postiga... isos na evgaza ton tzioli kai na evaza ton eki kai apo ekei kai pera tha evlepa gia tin epithesi... kai se kamia periptosi den tha evaza papadopoulo... manucho around 75 but... oti kai na poume we are out... :(

no i agree.....Postiga was draggin his ass out there, Tziolis was doing pretty well...

I would have liked to see Manucho come on shoud of Papadopoulos

to call for the coaches head is retarded. the team was in position to advance today.

i would of preferred seeing manucho rather than paps. thats no reason to go crazy & call him out on his tactics. the most disappointing thing is that we really havent done as much as we all would of liked in the past 5 years

no i agree.....Postiga was draggin his ass out there, Tziolis was doing pretty well...

I would have liked to see Manucho come on shoud of Papadopoulos

i would like to see manucho before rangers scored... around 75' tha ton evaza..

4 ###### years, i have been a PAO (and football fan) and it seems that every year we play extremely well in the group stage and loose in the last minutes of the second leg in the last 32, 4 ###### years.....

rangers are not a good team, there were numerous penalties not given to PAO including a blatant hand ball inside the box......

im not happy

4 years re gamo to

tessera chronia re gamw to

did they watch the game or no????  :unsure:

Nice assessment Drakos13. Your post finds me in complete agreement.

These kinds of games are good to see with clear eyes because they give clues of what needs to be improved.

I don't see what else we could have done to win this one. We scored early, we dominated for 80 minutes, and we created many chances without giving Rangers any room to become dangerous. Exactly what we would ask for in a game like that.

Rangers got lucky. They had two chances, and scored one goal. We've done it to other teams in Europe, so I don't feel that bad. It was going to end at some point, and this was it, and that's that.

But our weakness was that we failed to convert our chances. I feel that the team tried to address this lingering weakness by buying two strikers and by relegating Pap to the bench. Up until this year, we had many weaknesses, especially in creating chances. Now we get the ball to our forwards but they fail to score consistently (with the exception of Salpigidis).

Now we have time to focus on the Superleague exclusively. We'll see if Manucho is the answer to our scoring woes and I am sure we'll see more of Ninis and Gonzales until May.

Winning the Superleague is our goal, and it will set next season nicely for us.

when the goal went in... i actually felt my heart break... i felt the pain amongst all the fans in the stadium, all the players on the park, all of the panathinaikos fans all over the world.. on the 81st minute i know we shared the same pain..

many people can go home and sleep it off... but im in australia (its morning) and i have to go to work and have a miserable day...

golara from goumas though.. probably the best i've seen in uefa cup this year.. and thats not being bias

although i did predict the 1-1 scoreline, its not actually a prediction im happy came true

this game just reminds me how much i hate scottish football and anything related to it - theres not one scotsman in the world (with the exception of alex ferguson) that knows anything about football in my opinion

i think its bit harsh to completely blame peseiro for tonites game but some of the things that happened could of been avoided - but funny enuff i respect him to have the balls to stick by his tactics and not give in to crowds/journalists etc

the game started off very well for us and as everyone wanted we got the early goal - but it was true that we lacked the killer instinct tonite to kill the game off after - we shouldnt be relying on saying "we deserved a penalty" or the tackling was hard by the scottish players. we simply lacked the killer blow

- it was a big mistake/gamble starting postiga tonite, and the more i think about it this was just a wasted signing - i mean if ur gonna get manucho why get him as well. i always believed we need ndoye on for 90 mins today. he is obviously a much stronger player and chases a bit more, not to mention he would of made a meal of all the fouls he would of received. granted he came on, had a shot on his first touch, but it was truly a dissapointment seeing him benched.

- manucho - im not gonna say if he should of started (even on bench) or not but im glad peseiro came out one way or another made a decision and stuck with it.

- the biggest mistake lies within having tziolis and mattos starting. Ok - so he did end up starting them both and then was up 1-0 at HT. we came back and within 5 mins we lost all control of the middle of the park. and he didnt do anything about it. this was the biggest turning point of the game. he needed att his stage to have taken out either one of them (prolly tziolis) and put in either eki or ninis (preferabbly niinis but seeing as this kid never gets a chance, eki). This would allow the team to still soak up pressure but at least we would have a creative player who would be able to produce a counter with one ball from defence to attack. we missed this. and it was a terrible mistake. putting oin eki at 82nd min when its 1-1 for wat - just to show us his awake and was watchiing the game.

- putting pap on at 1-1 was an obvious move it would of always happened once rangers equalised.

- apart from this i was surprised/yet "fairly" pleased at vyntras performance, he wasnt th ebest but he was ok and id have to say an improved player. he evn had one good long range shot. i thought nilsson was fairly good and morris i though was superb. the goal when it came i thought was unavoidable - we had soaed so much pressure that ok it did take a bit of luck but wat do you do.

- wat im most pissed off goes back to playing two DM's in a game you need to win. This was like a cup final - do or die. we needed to score and at home. no excuses. so someone - please explain the term ATTACKING FOOTBALL and how it relates toi playing TWO DM's

if your gonna play at home when u need to win but ur opponents need a 1-1 or greater score draw then forget it - you absolutely need to come out firing. min of two strikers and only one DM in my opinion. and to be honest i wouldnt have cared if i saw postiga - salpi - and ndoye play from the start. i thought this was inexcusable. weve seen it happen with Lens at oaka, auxerre, rangers again with shoum at leoforos. im sorry to say but when u play with the tactics he did from the start it sounds like u have something to protect. so please explain wat we had to protect - the clean sheet in ibrox???????????

finally - id like to say my one good thing - i thought that salpis contribution was awesome - he didnt score, but he ran heaps, helped out in defence and showed he can even tackle and be strong off the ball.

one more thiing - this thing has been bothering me for years, since the basinas years, but can one of these coaches finally do some real practice on set pieces

the corners today were absolutely horrible and everytime we get a freekick outside box we always rely on someone to hit it in, i mean basinas had some ripper and ivanschitz seems pretty good but i thiink its time we get more andmroe creative bc i dun think our striker rate is too flash

esp on corners

Archived