Phantis Forums

The End

It is sad that Ziaka is leaving. I always found his posts informative and very precise.

Since, as mare mortal (sic), I don't know the full story, I can only be left with whatever

incomplete impression this discussion gives me, along with the memory of Ziaka's

posts. One thing is certain, that if the admins make an effort to reconsider their

decision, this effort will be greatly appreciated by all of us.

And if Ziaka indeed leaves for good, let's thank him for his invaluable contributions,

and wish him best success.

Constructive criticism??Were exactly is it or can be found here because i dont seem to locate it...The first quote is your disapproval of a decision that you have no real idea what is about,the second one is a nice mocking attempt by your part targeting us all,the third one,is informational,we know now where some great old posters are....,and the fourth is pretty much,your point of view of a responce by Lazarus,again,with you having a 5% knowledge of what exactly has happened here,propably by your involment/friendship with Ziakas.So pretty much what are we doing here,trying to explain why Ziakas left?It was his decision and since you know him personally,call him and ask him for more info....This is an open forum and there are no locks on the doors,people can walk in or walk out whenever they please.....

And I'll tell you, cuttting and pasting only what you choose and not the post in its entirety is an intentional attempt to distort what I wrote. I believe that violates the term of service agreement, doesn't it?

Quote my ENTIRE post. Let people read the ENTIRE thing so they can make up their own minds. So that they can read it in context.

We can (although I didn't really see any from your side). However your idea of excellence might differ from that of others, the Phantis admins/mods being those others in this case. I've noticed you think of Ziaka's departure from the site as something tragic.

However as written above by Lazarus, there are already a couple of people that volunteered (and I'm sure more will come) to continue the job, and do even more than before. So don't worry about that.

If you are then so shocked because you think this somehow personal, a vendetta vs. Ziaka for whatever reason you have come up with, I can assure you, Ziaka chose to leave, and he chose to do it this way, with a lot of noise leaving a lot of things open to speculation, and yeah I will just say it as is: making some other people here look bad.

This topic doesn't leave much choice to the people that wanted to take care of the situation discretely. On the other hand it could've been closed down immediately, deleted, etc etc etc (cuz after all we're the politically correct thought police no?). However, the admins chose not to, they chose to leave this topic as is, even though they are the ones that look bad now. Like I said before don't judge if you don't know the full story (which no, you don't, and yes, we already know Kolokotronis, you're good buddy's with Ziaka).

Lazarus already explained most if not all in his post. It's your (all of you) good right to have your opinion. If you think "the other forum" is so much better, then why are you still here? I'm sure Ziaka's also a member, or something else there. You can go ahead and be friends with him there and laugh at us, the "internet-hillbillies" at Phantis, for low this and low that. However some people in charge here at Phantis made a choice to go a certain way, and I still believe values go over numbers when it comes to these things.

This is not a reality tv show ;) , and this is not your (or my) forum/site etc. If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to stay.

#1. I never said Ziaka leaving is tragic. Nor do I believe that. There are FAR MORE important things in life than an internet football forum.

#2. I'm not worried at all about who replaces Ziaka. Nobody in this world is irreplacable. Alimono an den vriskate kai antikatastates.

#3. Where oh where did I say ANYTHING about a personal vendetta?

#4. Ziaka leaving with a lot of noise? Making people look bad? Making a LOT OF NOISE and MAKING PEOPLE LOOK BAD are probably the last two things in the world I can ever envision somebody with Ziaka's personality and temperament doing, and since it appears I'm the only one on this site who knows him personally, I'm probably in the best position to make such an assesment.

#5. Are you telling us you're doing us a favor by keeping the topic open?

#6. Where did I say the other forum was better? Where did I make any mention of "internet hillbillies"? Seems to me you're carrying some baggage there. Take a load off. You'll feel much better. And actually read what I write, instead of drawing hasty conclusions.

1) You didn't say it. I think you do think it though by reading your posts. But I'm probably wrong... :rolleyes:

2) Good!

3) You didn't directly. I wasn't aware I could only talk about things you said or didn't say? I was putting it out there just in case you think that...

4) Yes, like I said we already know you're good buddies with him.

5) Nope. I'm just telling you it could've been handled in a different way.

6) I believe throughout this topic it's clear who's carrying a load and who isn't. Don't worry about me ;) . And your previous posts about "the other forum" and how much users they have etc and how we're only with twelve here leave little to the imagination. Don't say things and then act as if you don't know what you said, directly or indirectly. You're not a retard and neither am I.

1) You didn't say it. I think you do think it though by reading your posts. But I'm probably wrong...  :rolleyes:

2) Good!

3) You didn't directly. I wasn't aware I could only talk about things you said or didn't say? I was putting it out there just in case you think that...

4) Yes, like I said we already know you're good buddies with him.

5) Nope. I'm just telling you it could've been handled in a different way.

6) I believe throughout this topic it's clear who's carrying a load and who isn't. Don't worry about me  ;) . And your previous posts about "the other forum" and how much users they have etc and how we're only with twelve here leave little to the imagination. Don't say things and then act as if you don't know what you said, directly or indirectly. You're not a retard and neither am I.

You do know the dangers of ASSuming, don't you?

Pointing out that the participation on these forums is severly lacking in relation to a competitor site is a far cry from labeling a certain set of people "hillbies". The former is a factual observation, the latter an implication of lack of intellect/sophistication. So please, stop trying to put words in my mouth. We're talking about two entirely different concepts. The mere fact that you go there unmasks a hypersensitivity relating to the issue of a competitor site.

Lastly, the fact that I'm good friends with Ziaka still doesn't take away from the fact that I'm the most qualified to make an assesment about his character. Maybe it skews or prejudices my opinion, but how about letting the rest on these boards determine? Seems like many of them have already spoken, no?

Constructive criticism??Were exactly is it or can be found here because i dont seem to locate it...The first quote is your disapproval of a decision that you have no real idea what is about,the second one is a nice mocking attempt by your part targeting us all,the third one,is informational,we know now where some great old posters are....,and the fourth is pretty much,your point of view of a responce by Lazarus,again,with you having a 5% knowledge of what exactly has happened here,propably by your involment/friendship with Ziakas.So pretty much what are we doing here,trying to explain why Ziakas left?It was his decision and since you know him personally,call him and ask him for more info....This is an open forum and there are no locks on the doors,people can walk in or walk out whenever they please.....

And I'll tell you, cuttting and pasting only what you choose and not the post in its entirety is an intentional attempt to distort what I wrote. I believe that violates the term of service agreement, doesn't it?

Quote my ENTIRE post. Let people read the ENTIRE thing so they can make up their own minds. So that they can read it in context.

Ok,so we can end this,people can still read your whole posts if they scroll up or down or just press page 1.It is not like i deleted your posts.I am just pointing out from your posts that i personally did not find any constructive criticism on those quotes.I have no intentions or need of distorting anything that you say.Why, i have and should take some constructive criticism by you but you dont???Unfortunatelly Ziakas created 2 topics and said his side of the story,a long story in 6 lines only but spare you guys with some details.By doing that he created a good guy-bad guys situation that is not accurate or even right.Me and some other Moderators/Admins believe that is not right from a respect point to Ziakas contribution and effort of all this years in here to go on and analyze and explain everything that has happened especially since he is not here anymore.It would serve no purpose and is not our style.Members have eyes and thank god freedom to check every single topic and subforum here and come to their own conclusions...i suggest you do the same before we go analyzing something that not even you fully understand...again,this is not a court and i wont be judged or told what to do by anyone who does not have all the facts.

Always friendly and with great respect

Crazy

Crazy put it better than I did.

Also Kolokotronis I just told you what I think and I could counter every single argument in a nice way with six steps like you had put them out once more, but then again, what's the use?

You believe, think, know whatever you want to. As you said in your first post in this thread, "if Ziaka is gone then I'm on my way out as well". Let me add to that "don't let the proverbial door hit you on the way out".

Everyone here can make their own assessments, including you. If you want to leave, then leave. If you want to stay, even better. But again it's your choice.

But I don't see what endless bickering about this will bring forth. Unless you still think what you're giving is "constructive critisism" (by pointing out "facts" of other sites and saying that there's only "twelve people here" etc ... very constructive :rolleyes: ).

I am sorry that we havent still updated the TV schedule yet,it is just that we need to corect and iron some things there.

I will give you the info that i have but for any live links i might know more tommorow:

AEK-Getafe 8:00PM GR time Mega

Rangers-Panathinaikos 10.00PM GR time Ant1,Setanta Sports PPV

Again sorry for the delay of the information.If anybody else wants TV listings just let me know,PM me.

I don't know what happened, and I don't really want to know what happened, the one thing I do know was that Ziaka was one of the top contributors to these forums (especially the PAOK one) and he will be greatly missed. I know the PAOK site will suffer greatly from his loss and will definitely not be the same without him.

Ziaka good luck buddy, wherever you decide to go, it has been a pleasure being informed by your hard work and information, and if you ever have a change of heart the few and proud PAOKTSITHES in this site will be waiting for you with open arms. :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

I dont understand this....I dont understand the root of the drama in these forums....

Im not sure how many members are from the old Phantis here (Phantis Sports Forums, now its Phantis Sports Club) but I never understood any of it, the rivalry with the 'unnamed site' .......

Id like to know...If a mod or one of the "Elders" of Phantis could let me know, even if they have to PM me.

I think I am at least entitled an explanation, as I am a long time member, for its been at least 6-7 years since I became a member of Phantis. I have posted a lot and been here a while.

i have been a member of phantis as well for about 4 years now and i always looked up to him in many ways. i cannot believe this, this is a cruel world. the one man who seemed to me to do the most work around here is gone. i just found this post because i have been away and i am shocked about this. completely stunned!!!!!! If Ziaka is done with the internet for good but if he posts somewhere else, that would suck because i would have to leave as well

i have been a member of phantis as well for about 4 years now and i always looked up to him in many ways. i cannot believe this, this is a cruel world. the one man who seemed to me to do the most work around here is gone. i just found this post because i have been away and i am shocked about this. completely stunned!!!!!! If Ziaka is done with the internet for good but if he posts somewhere else, that would suck because i would have to leave as well

Mate people come and go your all acting like he died and the forum will die.

If you like him soo much u can join him on that other joke of a forum and have sword fights online :LOL:

Mate people come and go your all acting like he died and the forum will die.

If you like him soo much u can join him on that other joke of a forum and have sword fights online  :LOL:

you take eveything so seriously

i understand that people are working hard to keep this forum alive but ziaka did the best job

i dont know any details but thats just my opinion.

lately he has been an occasional poster but he cared about phantis

if it wasnt for coll people like dark horse and crazy i would leave

Well i have been reading everything about this and i might say that Ziaka will be missed. One thing that i have notice since Ziaka is gone is that the prediction game has not been updated in while. Well hope the management here can get it together and bounce back. Good luck to Ziaka.

if it wasnt for coll people like dark horse and crazy i would leave

Thanks man,i love u 2....... :D :D :D :P :P :tup: :tup: :tup: :hypocrite:

One little question,i am coll or cool?? :P

• 1 month later...

I WANNA BE A MOD.....

POWER TO THE PEOPLE...

AND WHEN IS MY BAN GONNA END?

This is hard..............

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived