Phantis Forums

Olympiakos - Werder Bremen

dark_horse

:LOL:

i wouldnt doubt it

off topic I have a good stat for all of you. the last time we played a german team at home was our famous 6-2 win over leverkusen, the year they went to the finals. I would love to win by 4 :P

Yes but that year we went out in the group stages :(

From UEFA.com:

Olympiacos CFP coach Panagiotis Lemonis hailed his team's clinical 4-0 Greek Super League win against Levadiakos FC on Saturday. "We sealed the victory rather quickly and had the opportunity to rest several players," Lemonis said. "Tuesday's match against Werder Bremen is crucial for our future in the UEFA Champions League [Olympiacos will go through with a draw] but that will not put us off. We cannot wait."

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect us to win; we have a better team, the coach is doing a good job and most of our starting 11 are in good shape.

Missing Djole is the only problem, my feeling is that Lua-Lua can do well on the left. This time Kovasevic will be strarting, we might need Mitroglou as a sub in the seconf half.

Torosidis cherishes Olympiacos dream

Vassilis Torosidis insists Olympiacos CFP will not take too much comfort from their 3-1 win at Werder Bremen on Matchday 2 when the teams meet again in Tuesday's Group C showdown in Athens.

Read the full article here.

Good luck on tuesday OSFP ! ! ! :gr: :tup: :gr:

I think this game is wide-open. Both teams are capable of winning it. Good for gavroi is that they can afford to tie when Werder needs only a win.

I also agree with Crazy [man, you should change your nickname 'cause you make sense... most of the time B) ] that Oly should focus on European success now. Our teams should be bigger players in Europe. Gavroi can build on this season's success.

Just 17 and a half hours to go now!!!

If we had Djole and either Bravo or Domi fit I would have been 99% confident of qualifying. With them out however, I'm only 65-70% sure we'll do it.

When you take into account:

1) The importance of the game.

2) The atmosphere that will surely be one of the best we have ever seen.

3) The fact that both teams are capable of getting lots of goals but also capable of conceding many goals.

Then you have to conclude that potentially we have an epic of a game on our hands. A game that could turn out to be one of the all time great CL matches... Personally I'd prefer a comfortable 2-0 win but that's just me! :P

Here's a new article by UEFA.com:

"Olympiakos ready to 'fight like madmen!'"

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/fixtu.../report=pr.html

:gr:

7 hours and 15 minutes before the start of the game and my heart is going nuts already.I agree with Dude about Djole,i would feel alot better with him on the pitch but this team,even with out him,has make me a believer this year so lets go boys,for us and for Greece,lets kick some german behind :box: :box: :gr: :gr:

Boy I'm so nervous, I don't know what to expect in Pireaus. Hopefully, a victory and a trip to the last 16. I can see this being a high scoring affair. Olympiakos has yet to win at home in the Champions League in nearly 2 years. Our last victory in Karaiskaki was in December 2006 vs. Real Madrid.

Did you hear that the game was postponed due to the weather?!!!!

:box: Now, are you guys going to do?... Can you survive the wait?

Nah, I'm kidding. If your players are equally ready for this game, your team will beat them Germans. Good luck. [it helps] :tup:

Archived