Phantis Forums

Olympiakos - Werder Bremen

dark_horse

I hope it doesn't stop here, at the 16 stage, but nevertheless, this was a great night for gavroi. Let them enjoy this. I think they deserved to win this game--OK, not a great playing game, but there were 2 teams on the pitch and the better one won. And, they deserved to advance judging from the games they played in this stage.

When is the draw for the 8 double games?

I was just gonna ask... if anyone finds out please post it hear or anywhere thanks

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as far as the game is concerned, oly didnt play well. Werder were all over the place and seemed ready to score at any moment. if not for crucial saves by nikopolidis, this game might of been very very different.

3 things helped oly win this game.

1- the early goal. oly looked lost in the first 10 minutes and then came the long range effort by stoltidis.

2- Luck. werder controlled most of the game and had it not been for luck it would of been a different story,

3- The crowd. they were truly the 12th man. Even i, as a vazelo got goose bumps a few times. they reminded me of OAKA in the 80's during our uefa run or leoforos in 96.

Last but not least. as u may know, and as my name says it. i am a pao fan. As much as i cant stand the reds for what they represent in the league and for how their owner is believed to have bought championships, i have to say it is great for this to happen.

first off, i saw my grandfather cry for the first time in my life today. i mean really cry. he is a hardcore oly fan and when darko scored he jumped up like a little retarded kid and clapped his hands together. i have never seen him with so much emotion. even when his late father passed he didnt cry. just seeing that made me clap as well.

another reason this is good is because the more known we begin to get in europe the better it is. more players will start comin to greece, as they did after we won the euro, Rivaldo, Galetti,Lua Lua,Matos,Ivanshitz, Arrabuearena and more

The better we get known the better it will be. this is the first time our greek teams will win so many games. not including qualification rounds we have won 9 games. this is the second highest total ever in one european campaign for greece. the most was in 2001 when we won 11 but pao won 7 of those game, so that doesnt count. if and i mean IF panionio and aris can go through we will have 5 teams playing for us which mean 10 more games. how can we not win at least 4 or 5 of those games.we can move up to 13th and with 4 teams next year and every win being diided by 4 instead of 6, we will continue to climb.

CHEERS OLYMPIAKOS, YOU FREAGIN #%$@%, FOR ONCE U MADE MY GRANDFATHER CRY WITH YOUR SUCCESSES AND NOT YOUR FAILURES.

I have a question for anyone in the know. The demand for tickets to the home game in Feb will be HUGE to say the least. Is there any chance managment would concider moving the game away from Karaskaki and play the OAKA instead? Maybe there is rules and regulations proventing this, i have no idea?What would you guys think of such a move? I myself am definitly gonna try to get some tickets for both home and away. Lets hope we get a team with a 60k+ stadium capacity. Wherever we play, it's gonna be a lot of Oly fans there. B)

I have a question for anyone in the know. The demand for tickets to the home game in Feb will be HUGE to say the least. Is there any chance managment would concider moving the game away from Karaskaki and play the OAKA instead? Maybe there is rules and regulations proventing this, i have no idea?What would you guys think of such a move? I myself am definitly gonna try to get some tickets for both home and away. Lets hope we get a team with a 60k+ stadium capacity. Wherever we play, it's gonna be a lot of Oly fans there. B)

I dont think you are allowed by Uefa to change your stadium half way through a competition.Karaiskaki is owned by Olympiakos while Oaka management will propably ask for more money but who cares,you have a valid point,i just dont believe that is posible.

Great job Olympiakos!

I love German teams, they are such "customers" :D

Also, I just found out that "clubs which reach the first knock-out round, quarter-finals, semi-finals or final of the UEFA Champions League or the quarter-finals, semi-finals or final of the UEFA Cup are awarded an extra point for each round." ( http://www.uefa.com/uefa/faq/ ). So more points are coming our way when PAO and AEK reach the quarterfinals :tup:

edit: thanks Niko, I was looking at the wrong table (now your message makes no sense ... :P

the actual ranking is on this site:

UEFA Club and Coutnry ranking

Belgium and the Czech Rep. are close to us and with just another win of one of our teams we get past them. lets just hope that anderlecht, slavia and mlada don't get any points anymore. and if pao stays first in its group and gets drawn against anderlecht, we have the chance to get an advantege for the next year already :) :box:

1 Chelsea Eng CL 6 13 16.3000

2 Manchester United Eng CL 5 13 16.3000

3 AC Milan Ita CL 6 13 15.3100

4 Real Madrid Esp CL 6 12 15.0110

5 Liverpool Eng CL 6 11 14.3000

6 Olympiakos Piraeus Gre CL 6 12 14.2550

7 Sevilla Esp CL 5 11 14.0110

FC Barcelona Esp CL 5 11 14.0110

9 FC Porto Por CL 6 12 13.7675

10 Internazionale Ita CL 5 11 13.3100

11 Arsenal Eng CL 5 10 13.3000

12 Schalke 04 Ger CL 6 10 12.5690

13 Hamburger SV Ger UC 5 10 12.5690

14 AS Roma Ita CL 5 10 12.3100

15 Everton Eng UC 5 9 12.3000

16 Panathinaikos Gre UC 5 10 12.2550

17 Celtic Sco CL 6 10 12.1450

18 Atlético Madrid Esp UC 5 9 12.0110

Villarreal Esp UC 5 9 12.0110

20 Spartak Moscow Rus UC 5 9 11.3925

45 AEK Athens Gre UC 5 6 8.2550

Aris Thessaloniki Gre UC 5 6 8.2550

52 Panionios Gre UC 5 5 7.2550

74 AE Larissa Gre UC 5 2 4.2550

Hello everybody! What a victory, what a team we have! I was partying all night long after they beat Bremen. It's so special I will cherish it for the rest of my life. Olympiakos are heading to the round of 16 for only the second time ever in Champions League history. We all drank, we danced, we did all that non-stop. :LOL:

All of the Olympiakos staff members and our head coach Takis Lemonis should be praised for this improbable run in Europe. THANK YOU OLYMPIAKOS! YOU ARE MY #1 IN OUR HEARTS!!!

THRYLOS MIA ZOI!!!!! :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

Rosenberg laments Bremen defending

Werder Bremen striker Markus Rosenberg admitted the Bundesliga side were defeated by a "more effective" team as Olympiacos CFP clinched their place in the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League with a 3-0 win in Piraeus.

Read the full story here.

What a jelous dumb moran :blink:

Well were going through! :gr:

I hope hes on the sweedish national team too :gr:

I wanna see what he says after they lose to the nt too!

Rosenberg laments Bremen defending

Werder Bremen striker Markus Rosenberg admitted the Bundesliga side were defeated by a "more effective" team as Olympiacos CFP clinched their place in the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League with a 3-0 win in Piraeus.

Read the full story here.

What a jelous dumb moran :blink:

Well were going through! :gr:

I hope hes on the sweedish national team too :gr:

I wanna see what he says after they lose to the nt too!

Maybe something was lost in translation, but man this guy is bitter!

He goes on about how Oly need to be stronger away from home if they are to advance. Yes so does every other team!

Maybe he should look at Bremen. You morons copped 6 over 2 matches to Thrylos! How quickly they forget!

Olympiakos beat Lazio away and playing with 10 they scored 2 times away to Real!!!!

What a cynical weasel.

I agree about him playing for Sweden for the Euro. I hope we humiliate this clown!

Archived