Phantis Forums

EURO 2008: Hungary - Greece

dark_horse

Apparently Patsa might be out too (trained separately from the team). If Patsa is good to go, we'll likely see him on the right with Kyriakos and Kapsis in the middle and Spyropoulos starting on the left. With Karagounis out, Tziolis will likely get the call. I received some flak for my comments on him after the Malta game. Maybe he'll impress me this time around ;).

-----------------------------------------Chalkias---------------------------------------------

Patsa---------------------Kyriakos---------------------Kapsis----------------Spyropoulos

----------------------Katsouranis---------Tziolis------------Basinas-----------------------

-----------------------Samaras-----------Gekas-------------Amanatidis-------------------

Hope to see Katsouranis and Basinas involved in the offense with Tziolis as the lone DM.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chalkias

patsa-kapsis0kyrgiakos-spyropo-

kats-tsiolis-basinas

stelio-gekas-amantidis

salpigidisfor amantidis

samaras for stelio

lybe for gekas

3-2

Three to two for Greece sounds about right here.

Hungary will be playing for pride and want to put on a show so they aren't going to sit back with 9 players playing defense.

Greece (even with the subs) have found a way to get some goals.

It's not a guaranteed win but Greece should get the majority of the chances and pull out the victory.

World Cup Pot number 1.....here come Greece.

We will win 11-1...revenge for 1938! :tup:

:gr: :gr:

1st half

Kyrgiakos 7' 0-1

2nd half

(Gera 48') 1-1

Gekas 56' 1-2

Seitaridis 58' 1-3

Amanatidis 78' 1-4

Karagounis79' 1-5

Gekas 80' 1-6

Basinas [pen. 81'] 1-7

Gekas 82' 1-8

Giannakopoulos 84' 1-9

Katsouranis 87' 1-10

Lymperopoulos 90' 2min et 1-11

:P

:gr: :gr:

I have a feeling we will se this today, mostly a "B" team:

-----------------------------------------Chalkias---------------------------------------------

Vyntra----------------Patzatzoglou----------------Kyrgiakos----------------Spyropoulos

----------------------Katsouranis---------Tziolis------------Basinas-----------------------

Salpingidis------------------------------Mantzios---------------------------------Samaras

I sincerely doubt Rehhagel will start the aging Kapsis, or our first team strikers. We'll see though

'King Otto' set to break Greek record

Already the most successful coach in the history of the national team, having led Greece to the only major triumph in their history at UEFA EURO 2004™, Otto Rehhagel will take charge of a landmark 75th game as the holders conclude a successful qualifying campaign for the 2008 finals tonight.

Read the full article here.

Aman o patsatzoglou, opws sas sta eixa pei gia auton...metriotatos paixths.

Pali bebaia o Otto mas e3epli3e olous me tis epiloges tou, elpizw omws sth Nikh!!!

:gr: :gr: :gr:

Etsi mprabo, molis arxisame na bgainoume mprosta balame goal.

Ante kai to deutero kai na doume ti 8a ginei na bgoume 9th gia to WC2010.

We should say that any other result than victory today puts us below the 9th place because Romania thrushed Albania.

ante, pameeeeeeeeeee

:gr: :gr: :gr:

Archived