Phantis Forums

Winter Transfers

cyberfish

i wouldnt mind to see ogounsoto in green. he is a fast and strong CF that can only help our team. depth is a problem for the manager. the problem being who to play when. i dont think he will come though. besides is pap gets a metagrafi in england or whatever, we will be short up front.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ogunsoto would be a super signing guys....

one of PAO's BIGGEST mistakes was not to get him from Ergotelis.....hes fast, strong, mean, determined and talented..... hell replace Papadopoulos pretty easily. We need strikers, Mantzios is good but Pe-gay-ro wont play him for s%$#!, Papadopoulos and Salpiggidis dont really do any thing except pick up scraps...

i mean this guy is the reason why Ergotelis is in the Superleague....

he scored 30 goals in the G ethniki to promote them to B (in 32 games)

then scored tons to get them into the A ethniki and as an A ethniki player he was still one of the top scorers with Ergotelis and a certified Gavro-killer

guy was 2nd leading scorer in Belgium with 20 goals in 30 games last year...

reasons to sign Ogunsoto:

- TALENTED, FAST, STRONG AND A FIGHTER

- He still has something to prove

- Papadopoulos/Salpiggidis are not playing up to par, theyre playing scraps and not even doing it that well - we still dont have that dependable striker to bail us out.....Mantzios and Tsigkas arent given any chances, and our current three just dont work......Ndoye is a better midfielder anyways...

3. Whenever we sign big "names" new to the greek league they play like CRAP UTTER OVERATED GARBAGE.....

Ogunsoto has been in Greece since he was 16 - he has been through all the divisions and ranks of the Game in Greece and proven he can perform

His 20 goal season last year in the Belgian first division proves hes proven good quality european player as well say what you want about Belgian league but it has some good teams and its not easy to hit 20 goals in 30 games there...

He has a name to prove, hes a natural goalscorer and plenty of athletic ability, and not to mention he has a Greek passport - Ogunsoto is a great signing, I hope it works out.... Good players with league expereince always work out better for us than washup "stars" with no clue about Greek league..

Ogunsoto would be a super signing guys....

one of PAO's BIGGEST mistakes was not to get him from Ergotelis.....hes fast, strong, mean, determined and talented..... hell replace Papadopoulos pretty easily. We need strikers, Mantzios is good but Pe-gay-ro wont play him for s%$#!, Papadopoulos and Salpiggidis dont really do any thing except pick up scraps...

i mean this guy is the reason why Ergotelis is in the Superleague....

he scored 30 goals in the G ethniki to promote them to B (in 32 games)

then scored tons to get them into the A ethniki and as an A ethniki player he was still one of the top scorers with Ergotelis and a certified Gavro-killer

guy was 2nd leading scorer in Belgium with 20 goals in 30 games last year...

reasons to sign Ogunsoto:

- TALENTED, FAST, STRONG AND A FIGHTER

- He still has something to prove

- Papadopoulos/Salpiggidis are not playing up to par, theyre playing scraps and not even doing it that well - we still dont have that dependable striker to bail us out.....Mantzios and Tsigkas arent given any chances, and our current three just dont work......Ndoye is a better midfielder anyways...

3. Whenever we sign big "names" new to the greek league they play like CRAP UTTER OVERATED GARBAGE.....

Ogunsoto has been in Greece since he was 16 - he has been through all the divisions and ranks of the Game in Greece and proven he can perform

His 20 goal season last year in the Belgian first division proves hes proven good quality european player as well say what you want about Belgian league but it has some good teams and its not easy to hit 20 goals in 30 games there...

He has a name to prove, hes a natural goalscorer and plenty of athletic ability, and not to mention he has a Greek passport - Ogunsoto is a great signing, I hope it works out.... Good players with league expereince always work out better for us than washup "stars" with no clue about Greek league..

Ok first you mention how many games Ogunsoto scored last year in Belgium.

You forgett to mention though that he hasnt scored one single goal this season.

Second Tsigas isnt completely ready yet to play in championship games cause of his long absence. He may have scored 3 goals against Ilisiakos in 45 min (really impressive) but this after all is a friendly and the fights surely wherent as hard as in a competition such as the championship. The guy is a great player but he should be 100% ready to start playing again in the league.

Third i am sure you where like me one of the fans who shouted before the game against AEK why he intented to put Mantzios as a starter and now you shout why he wasnt placed?

Peseiros mistakes in the Larisa game was that he fielded the wrong midfield which led to the issue of us being unsupported in the defense by the midfielders most of the time and to that our strikers didnt get any good passes to use them to score.

Also Peseiro should have placed Salpi as a starter with Pap or Mantzios since Salpi seems to have better chemistry with those 2 up in front instead of Ndoi.

I must confess Pap is dissapointing me in the greek championship but plays really great in International games (makes me think he wants to show himself so that he may change to another foreign team maybe)

Third i am sure you where like me one of the fans who shouted before the game against AEK why he intented to put Mantzios as a starter and now you shout why he wasnt placed?

Peseiros mistakes in the Larisa game was that he fielded the wrong midfield which led to the issue of us being unsupported in the defense by the midfielders most of the time and to that our strikers didnt get any good passes to use them to score.

Also Peseiro should have placed Salpi as a starter with Pap or Mantzios since Salpi seems to have better chemistry with those 2 up in front instead of Ndoi.

I must confess Pap is dissapointing me in the greek championship but plays really great in International games (makes me think he wants to show himself so that he may change to another foreign team maybe)

its been 10 games and none of his team has done anything...cant do absolutley everything...also the guy has been binge scoring his whole life and showed a lot of skill, pace and has definitly experience in Greek league whichs is ABSOLTULEY important...

Fanis Gekas wasnt scoring anything his first 10 games with Leverkusen - does that mean his talent and goalscoring ability went away? no, there are dry spells for ALL strikers. He hasnt scored in 10 games this season but that can change pretty quickly especially with a move to a bigger club...doesnt erase his very strong history of what hes shown of his abilities at all...if it was 2 goalless seasons id be more skeptical but its been 10 games for him only....

Ogunsoto if you remember was great finisher, fast and powerful in offense - we do not have the right stuff up front at all our forwards have no energy....Ogunsoto is a useful boost up top,and hes proven scorer abroad and more importantly in Greece...put him with our midfield instead of with Westerlo and Ergotelis and let him train with us we could make quite a player out of him, another Olisadebe which would be awesome...

About Mantzios - actually no, I wasnt upset at all to see him up top before the game. Ive actually been pushing for Mantzios since seeing him in preseason, that is definitly true. Hes got good aerial presence and great footwork on the ball. Ive been a big Mantzios fan since he moved andBeen pushing for Tsigkas to get at least a CHANCE but that hasnt happened....not even 1 minute in the summer, im sorry thats the mark of a bastard coach who doesnt try his player - he let that little 19 year old Konstantinidis and Tzitzikas whatever play a bunch of games despite being totally useless and too young...It wasnt fair that Tsigkas never got a shot from the begining of the season.

Say what you want about the midfield - theyre the only reason we didnt lose in Thessaly...the strikers got possessions, but couldnt make half intelligent runs or passes....and then Darlas comes on when we need a goal :LOL:

how strong is the rumour about Ogunsoto??

is he a tall dominating striker like konstantonou?

i agree that Ogunsoto could be the next olisadebe which would be awsome... the guy played for ergotelis and was really impressive can u imagine what he would do with a pao team backing him up; players such as salpi supporting him, with Ivan, Karag, Gonzo (when his back), Nini, Ndoi, Mattos all feeding him upfront?

I must confess Pap is dissapointing me in the greek championship but plays really great  in International games (makes me think he wants to show himself so that he may change to another foreign team maybe)

its been 10 games and none of his team has done anything...cant do absolutley everything...also the guy has been binge scoring his whole life and showed a lot of skill, pace and has definitly experience in Greek league whichs is ABSOLTULEY important...

Fanis Gekas wasnt scoring anything his first 10 games with Leverkusen - does that mean his talent and goalscoring ability went away? no, there are dry spells for ALL strikers. He hasnt scored in 10 games this season but that can change pretty quickly especially with a move to a bigger club...doesnt erase his very strong history of what hes shown of his abilities at all...if it was 2 goalless seasons id be more skeptical but its been 10 games for him only....

Ogunsoto if you remember was great finisher, fast and powerful in offense - we do not have the right stuff up front at all our forwards have no energy....Ogunsoto is a useful boost up top,and hes proven scorer abroad and more importantly in Greece...put him with our midfield instead of with Westerlo and Ergotelis and let him train with us we could make quite a player out of him, another Olisadebe which would be awesome...

About Mantzios - actually no, I wasnt upset at all to see him up top before the game. Ive actually been pushing for Mantzios since seeing him in preseason, that is definitly true. Hes got good aerial presence and great footwork on the ball. Ive been a big Mantzios fan since he moved andBeen pushing for Tsigkas to get at least a CHANCE but that hasnt happened....not even 1 minute in the summer, im sorry thats the mark of a bastard coach who doesnt try his player - he let that little 19 year old Konstantinidis and Tzitzikas whatever play a bunch of games despite being totally useless and too young...It wasnt fair that Tsigkas never got a shot from the begining of the season.

Say what you want about the midfield - theyre the only reason we didnt lose in Thessaly...the strikers got possessions, but couldnt make half intelligent runs or passes....and then Darlas comes on when we need a goal :LOL:

Dude seems you forget that Tsigas was still in recovery process in summer since he was injured thats why he didnt get any playing mins in summer.

what i dont understand is u have all these people that have contradicting opinions. when oly loses to asteras tripoli, its because they were missing 5 players. in fact its been about 6 weeks and they are still talkin about oly`s injuries.

pao has yet to play a game without having at least 6 players on the injured list and nobody says anything about that.

from the beginning of the season we have had tons of players that missed at least 3 games due to injury. Morris,Goumas,enkahrire,ninis,gonzalez,tsigkas,ivansitz,leontiou,seric,darlas have all missed games,most of them more then 5 or 6 games due to injury so far this season.

sure people will say,well, its not like ur missing salpi or kara or tziolis or matos.

no but, in Ninis and ivan we were missing our two best players from last year. Goumas and morris have been our most solid defenders the past 4 years. eki was our best player for two seasons.leontiou showed great progress this off season and was gonna have a banner year imo. darlas and seric is our whole left side.

yet no one says anything when we are only winnning every game in europe with all these injuries and are tied with oly for second place in the league.

i mean its all about rotation but maybe peseiro doesnt have that many choices per se

oly loses to asteras and they say, well we had mendrinos playing instead of ledesma. mendrinos who is 22 and with oly for 4 years now.

pao wins with Simao a 19 year old mozambiquian and dimoutsos playing and no one says a thing if we lose points. vyntra on the left side,nilsson on the left side, dimoutso playing LB cuz of Seric red.

its al normal for pao. we dont blame injuries.

we are competing with the big mighty oly with half our team

yet oly has 3 injruies on defence and they have whole newspapers saying its the injuries fault.

PROPAGANDA

what i dont understand is u have all these people that have contradicting opinions. when oly loses to asteras tripoli, its because they were missing 5 players. in fact its been about 6 weeks and they are still talkin about oly`s injuries.

pao has yet to play a game without having at least 6 players on the injured list and nobody says anything about that.

from the beginning of the season we have had tons of players that missed at least 3 games due to injury. Morris,Goumas,enkahrire,ninis,gonzalez,tsigkas,ivansitz,leontiou,seric,darlas have all missed games,most of them more then 5 or 6 games due to injury so far this season.

sure people will say,well, its not like ur missing salpi or kara or tziolis or matos.

no but, in Ninis and ivan we were missing our two best players from last year. Goumas and morris have been our most solid defenders the past 4 years. eki was our best player for two seasons.leontiou showed great progress this off season and was gonna have a banner year imo. darlas and seric is our whole left side.

yet no one says anything when we are only winnning every game in europe with all these injuries and are tied with oly for second place in the league.

i mean its all about rotation but maybe peseiro doesnt have that many choices per se

oly loses to asteras and they say, well we had mendrinos playing instead of ledesma. mendrinos who is 22 and with oly for 4 years now.

pao wins with Simao a 19 year old mozambiquian and dimoutsos playing and no one says a thing if we lose points. vyntra on the left side,nilsson on the left side, dimoutso playing LB cuz of Seric red.

its al normal for pao. we dont blame injuries.

we are competing with the big mighty oly with half our team

yet oly has 3 injruies on defence and they have whole newspapers saying its the injuries fault.

PROPAGANDA

This year has been particularly bad with injuries, but I think PAO fans see that there is a serious effort to overcome the bad performances of the last few years. Despite the major injuries, Panathinaikos has performed admirably, and without whining.

One of the things I always liked about Panathinaikos is the fact that the great majority of fans showed class even in adversity. Injuries or not, Panathinaikos is moving forward and performs admirably. I think one of the stories of the season besides Asteras Tripolis, is how well Panathinaikos has managed to cope with so many major injuries.

As for the reporters in Greece, I have said it before, I have no respect for them. They are no different, and they don't know any more about reporting or football than your average Greek kefeteria patron. They attempt to elevate ignorance and prejudice to authority. Heck, they don't even know the rules of the game :angry:

And to make XXX-18T happy, the best transfers this winter will be all the injured players who will return stronger (and at least one new one I hope) :tup:

As for the reporters in Greece, I have said it before, I have no respect for them. They are no different, and they don't know any more about reporting or football than your average Greek kefeteria patron. They attempt to elevate ignorance and prejudice to authority. Heck, they don't even know the rules of the game :angry:

Right on!

No insight, no good judgment, no real information, no checking up rumors, no professionalism. Oh, and they can't even speak & write properly either. :nono:

Here's a link with 10 goals of leandro gracian.

But let the man come first and then lets get excited

In my opinion pao needs 1 great LB,1 great RB, 1 great LM, and 1 great CF

All our backs vintra, nillson, fyssas,seric,darlas are just not top class players. They can do good things but not in the longrun.

Ivansitch knows a great deal of football but can't play with power, he can't make a drive from the left, he will usually stop and try to cross. We need a player like kolka.

And I think everyone has noted the need for an extra CF. Pap, mantzios and tsigas are too small for pao as it is now. Jibur would be a great signing.

Otherwise I dont see us going very far. Ok, we play better than previous year, but everyone feels that the team is not impressive.

So, is it the consensus that Eki is done?

Because if PAO's looking for another "Kolka" when we have several players (I think Ninis could be a future "10") then Eki isn't looking very good.... this, before he even shows up after his latest injury!

Sicits from levedeiako is a great player... of course after ivan!!!

hmm.. adriano didnt want to come to pao... so as min sosei na erthei! lol

kapou diavasa gia ton Petropoulo tou Aigalaiou..

good player, young and we do need a backup striker a 5th option......ndoye should not be a striker IMO and Papadopoulos needs to GO ASAP.....awful player, off/on in performance, very unintelligent and slow player, moody, bad leader, resembles the PAO generation of the last 3 years (to me) and we need to get rid of him and move on....

Archived