Phantis Forums

Ethnic Channels Group relauching their website

Interesting,

I wonder why they are re-designing it again, they did that not too long ago. I don't see what is wrong with the current site, except for the fact they don't update it very often (something I told them about and another reason they don't really like me :P ).

MEGA Cosmos is supposed to launch Oct. 2, according to what I was told. This make sense as Rogers usually adds new channels to their lineup on Tuesdays. So those with Rogers check your IPG on Tuesday and let us know if MEGA shows up or not.

On another note, I was told that Odyssey TV would be re-designing their site too but I still don't see any changes. It is long overdue IMO, 5 years in the makiing it seems. :D I think they should change more then their website, like the quality of the programming they air.

:gr:

Well if it launches Oct. 2, then good news for those who dont want to miss the new season of shows. Mega updated their Mega Cosmos programming guide for the first week of October. It shows no new shows for that week, so they will prob. start the new shows in week 2. Thats how it was last year too. The shows are on 1 week after they show in Greece.

I see Mega Cosmos as the Greek channel on their site.

It says launching in early October on Rogers & Expressvu.

In another thtread, someone wrote that Mega Cosmos is up on Channel 712 on Expressvu. Its probably physically up on the satellite for testing, but not available to the public yet. There is no 712 on my program guide yet.

The below is from their website.

Sept 27, 2007

ECG Bringing the Best of Greece to Canada in October.

The #1 Greek television service in the world will be available in early October through Rogers Cable and ExpressVu. 

Megao Cosmos is the international network of Mega Channel that broadcasts the “best of Mega” programming to Greeks abroad.  Mega has recently overtaken Antenna as the most popular channel in Greece.

Programming includes news, current affairs, entertainment, comedies and drama.

Interesting they write "Mega has recently overtaken Antenna as the most popular channel in Greece."

And honestly, I fully believe that. It just takes one look at the rating to see which shows are always top.

Look's like Ant1 will try to fight back this year though. Out of their 15 shows they have this season, only 1 is a an older show with a new season (Erotas) with the rest being all new. Let's see what they got to offer, although Mega's programs do look better from what I have seen. :gr:

Well, well,

It looks like Hell has finally frozen over as MEGA Cosmos has finally Come Back.... to CANADA!!! :D :LOL:

Afer a year of calling, writing, calling some more it seems that persistance has FINALLY paid off. Thanks to everyone who called ECG and told them about their interest in MEGA- that is the way to get anywhere in this world- persistance (drive them crazy until you get the result you want! :box:)

I wonder how much they will charge for this channel, don't forget folks that in order to get MEGA you need to also have OTN (Welcome to CRTC-protected Canada :D)

I assume they will give a free preview, can someone post for us about what 'CDN content' they will be showing, I think it will be the same as on their other channels- travel videos.

As for the ECG website, I like the old one better. Don't see the reason for the re-brand?! They still do not list Telus TV in the subscribe section. The friggin' company carries 7 of their channels and they don't even acknowledge it on their website ;)).

Now that we finally got MEGA, when should the campaign for Alter or Alpha start? It took over 2 years to get this channel back, it will probably be another 2 years before we see any other Greek channel come to Canada. :tdown:

Now that we finally got MEGA, when should the campaign for Alter or Alpha start?  It took over 2 years to get this channel back, it will probably be another 2 years before we see any other Greek channel come to Canada. :tdown:

LOL. One at a time. :P

Maybe you will have luck with Alpha, Star, and Mad seeing how the rights are owned by UBI. (maybe they work better?)

Speaking of Mega, I got to say that "Stous 31 Dromous" is amazing. :D It's something very different from whats been on Greek TV before, and shot in movie quality. (Also broadcast in wide screen)

According to the ratings, it was number 2 last night (behind a re-run of Sto Para Pente) and a new episode airs tonight at it's regular time. On "Omorfos Kosmos To Proi" they were discussing how some people thought that the lead actress Sofia Karvleas may have sucked and was on there because of her parents (Nikos Karvelas and Anna Vissi) but she was surprisingly amazingly good. :tup:

I bet this show will be a hit this season.

Here is some of the stuff we can expect from Mega this season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzPE-GPOPuo

Archived