Phantis Forums

Soccer on Alpha Sat?

This weekend Alpha TV in Greece will show their first gameL Levadeiakos - AEK.

I would like to find out if they will show the game on their satellite channel in US and Australia. Can someone who has access to that channel confirm if they showed the game?

The game is scheduled for Sunday at 16:45 GR time.

It will be also interesting to find out if the Alpha Sat will show the Greek Cup games later in Novermber and december.

No soccer shown...

To me it seems that Alpha is just throwing content into the channel and not actually puting it together for international viewers like the other channels. You know what I mean? They could have special ads like the others do and say what time each episode will show. This is something Alpha Sat needs to improve on. Maybe then they can play some soccer. B)

To me it seems that Alpha is just throwing content into the channel and not actually puting it together for international viewers like the other channels.

No, you are wrong. Alpha is just throwing content into the channel and not actually puting it together for the viewers back in Greece as well. :LOL:

I like Alpha but yeah there commercials need work like to have times etc

But all in all Alpha is a decent channel i watch it alot and this season looks good alot of new shows etc are starting

Star Channel is a good channel also they have done very well for themselves with there International channel its fully customised for our regions with real commercials with times, promos for our region etc done very well if Star can do it Alpha can also

Have to remember Alpha Sat is a new channel and is getting better with time before they never even had commercials they just used to put a screen up and say will be back soon now they have actual promos of shows no times but better then a screen...

But all in all Alpha is a decent channel i watch it alot and this season looks good alot of new shows etc are starting

Yeah. I got a TV Guide from Greece that lists all of the new shows starting on all of the channels with info on them and "opinions" about them and which shows are coming back for another season. Alpha looks like they have some good ones.

It says that there are 43 shows on the major Greek channels this year. 15 on Mega and Ant1, 10 on Alpha, and 2 on Net. That adds up to 42, so I don't know why they wrote 43 in the title.....

Whoever wants, I could scan it for them if they are interested.

The only reason I can see Alpha Sat not carrying the games they show in Greece is because it's through a special deal with Superport. Alpha does not owe any rights for Superleague games outright.

Good indication to see if they really want to please the siccere fans will be if they will show any of the Greek Cup games, since Alpha TV owes the rights to those games.

• 2 weeks later...

On October 10/ Alpha is broadcasting few Greek Cup games in Greece:

October 10

14:30 GR: Thrasivoulos - PAOK

16:45 GR: Aigaleo - Xanthi

October 11

16:45 GR: Aghios Dimitrios - Aris

Let's see if they willhave those games on their satellite feed.

No soccer shown.... :(

Don't understand why they don't show them as no one else shows them internationally ?

I think Alpha needs to realize that they have to specialize programing for us like some of the other channels, and not just throw stuff in. <_<

Don't know about US Version but Alpha Sat Aus version is pretty well put together... Just the commercials need abit of work like put times in them etc but besides that its well put together

As I'm pretty sure you guys in the US are getting a different version to ours just for the US as our version is pretty well put together for us here in Aus

You can check out our guide for Aus version and compare with yours as to what ive seen on the DirecTV site schedule its pretty different to ours here...

Ours was not always good when they first started here there were changing things around all the time and experimenting with changing show to different times etc and getting feedback from it but now its pretty much perfect here :) :gr:

Alpha Sat US should get better with time...

Don't know about US Version but Alpha Sat Aus version is pretty well put together... Just the commercials need abit of work like put times in them etc but besides that its well put together

As I'm pretty sure you guys in the US are getting a different version to ours just for the US as our version is pretty well put together for us here in Aus

You can check out our guide for Aus version and compare with yours as to what ive seen on the DirecTV site schedule its pretty different to ours here...

Ours was not always good when they first started here there were changing things around all the time and experimenting with changing show to different times etc and getting feedback from it but now its pretty much perfect here :) :gr:

I think it's the same feed, don't know. Maybe we caught Alpha at a bad time? It came end of May, basically summer time here and in Greece when all the new stuff ends. All summer was just replays. Let's see how it is this winter....

Don't understand why they don't show them as no one else shows them internationally ?

They can't show them if they have not bought the rights for distribution outside Greece as well. Each set of TV rights is sold separately. It may be that while the price to air the game in Greece is reasonable considering the ad revenues, the price to air the game in Australia and North America is considered by Alpha too high, again taking revenues into account.

I remember how furious I was in 2004 when even though NBC clearly did not care to air any sport the US team was not in, ERT was not allowed to air the Greek teams' events, because NBC had exclusive rights for all olympic events in the US, whether they aired them or not.

Ours was not always good when they first started here there were changing things around all the time and experimenting with changing show to different times etc and getting feedback from it but now its pretty much perfect here :)  :gr:

I think it's the same feed, don't know. Maybe we caught Alpha at a bad time? It came end of May, basically summer time here and in Greece when all the new stuff ends. All summer was just replays. Let's see how it is this winter....
No different version as the DirecTV guide shows things get repeated like Kalimera Sas is shown LIVE then they show some 1 hour show of something then they repeat Kalimera Sas again on the US version to what the DirecTV guide shows me on the site

That doesn't happen here in Aus after Kalimera Sas is shown here there is a comedy, serial then the news etc then they show Kous Kous

Check here if you want http://www.ubiworldtv.com/gk_ws_101Alpha.pdf and compare with the DirecTV guide it looks different to me.. you may have a better schedule then what is shown on the DirecTV site thru your set top box guide

They can't show them if they have not bought the rights for distribution outside Greece as well. Each set of TV rights is sold separately. It may be that while the price to air the game in Greece is reasonable considering the ad revenues, the price to air the game in Australia and North America is considered by Alpha too high, again taking revenues into account.

I remember how furious I was in 2004 when even though NBC clearly did not care to air any sport the US team was not in, ERT was not allowed to air the Greek teams' events, because NBC had exclusive rights for all olympic events in the US, whether they aired them or not.

The Olympic Games is a whole different ball game nearly every country buys the Exclusive rights to the games as here in Australia the 7 Network had the Exclusive rights but they shared those rights with another network SBS here in Australia and they showed the less popular sports and country's that the 7 Network did't show so it was good coverage for everyone

So yeah for Olympics Games I would't think any International networks would show them out of there own Country...

But back to Alpha I dont see any problem though if nobody else shows these games Internationally who would dispute it they have the Exclusive rights in Greece so they should show them to International audience just dont understand it when they first started here in Australia they showed all games LIVE then it stopped after the first season...

Ours was not always good when they first started here there were changing things around all the time and experimenting with changing show to different times etc and getting feedback from it but now its pretty much perfect here :)  :gr:

No different version as the DirecTV guide shows things get repeated like Kalimera Sas is shown LIVE then they show some 1 hour show of something then they repeat Kalimera Sas again on the US version to what the DirecTV guide shows me on the site

That doesn't happen here in Aus after Kalimera Sas is shown here there is a comedy, serial then the news etc then they show Kous Kous

Check here if you want http://www.ubiworldtv.com/gk_ws_101Alpha.pdf and compare with the DirecTV guide it looks different to me.. you may have a better schedule then what is shown on the DirecTV site thru your set top box guide

Hmm. You are right, they do show it 2 times. Also Kafe me tin Eleni. I thought it was the same feed seeing as the fiber optics are run from Australia. I guess that dosnt make a difference?

Hopefully they fix our programming...

Archived