Phantis Forums

Olympiakos-Lazio

thrylara

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to Olimpiakos, hopefuly this will be a year that you get a decent run in the CL. Lazio is a tough team and it will be tough to play in an empty stadium. With a good start will come confidence, and I think that's what Greek teams lack when it comes to these competitions. If confidence is gained, Olimpiakos has enough talent to get results in this group.

Raul Bravo trained with the rest of the team today and Lemonis will have to consider him for the game against Lazio.Also Galletti avoided the worst scenarios about his injury so there is still hope for him to play.

Lemonis has many problems before the game with Lazio.He is not sure if he should use Galletti and Bravo to the starting eleven since the first has not fully recover from his recent injury and the second one had only 2 full trainings with the squad after his recovery.Also the coach has not decided if he is going to use a 4-4-2 formation or a 4-5-1 for the game.If i was him a would go with the second one since the team had 1 official game so far(2 weks ago) and most of them had only practices to get to know each others game.In an empty stadium with a new team it is wiser to be conservative,at least for the first half.

Lazio drew with Empoli yesterday in a game that one Italian reporter described as "the worst game in the world!"... this now means Lazio have played 3 and drawn 3... this game has 0-0 written all over it.

what did he mean by it was the worst game in the world? That Lazio play llike the worst team in the world, or that lazio play such a defencive game that its brutal to watch?

what did he mean by it was the worst game in the world? That Lazio play llike the worst team in the world, or that lazio play such a defencive game that its brutal to watch?

I also heard this. they meant that the quality of football was poor that it was the worst game in the world. bear in mind that lazio were at home and empoli are a smaller side so its not like lazio decided to defend to get a draw and they did so well that the game was boring. they were favourites to win and didnt produce anything. if Olympiakos do not beat this crap team then there's no point in entering the cl again. if juve, milan, and fiorentina didnt get punishments lazio wouldnt have made the cl, they may have just made a uefa cup spot. they are poor and oly has to win.

Osfp will propably show up like this if Galletti is ready:

(4-5-1)

---------------------------------Nikopolidis--------------------------------------------------

--Pantos :tdown: -----------Antzas-------------------Zevlakov-----------------Domi----

--------------Torosidis----------------Ledesma---------------------Stoltidis---------------

Galletti---------------------------------------------------------------------------Djorgevic-

----------------------------------------Lua-Lua------------------------------------------

Otherwise we will have this(no Galletti)

(4-4-2)

---------------------------------Nikopolidis--------------------------------------------------

--Pantos :tdown: -----------Antzas-------------------Zevlakov-----------------Domi----

-------Torosidis----------------Ledesma---------------------Stoltidis-------Djorgevic----

--------------Kovasevic----------------Lua-Lua--------------------------------------------

Picture of our captain with Lemonis in the Uefa interview from today:

Posted Image

Plus the interview:

http://www.sportime.gr/football_inside.asp...rticle_id=59438

What time is the game tomorrow? 2:45 PM EST?

Yes sir.It is going to be televised by supersport in Greece and u can also purchase it through there website and watch it live from your computer.

Call me nuts, but I'm hoping for Konstantinou to get some time

If Lemoni doesn't play him then he is a m#$%! that should get the sack immediately! The minute the team sheet comes out without Konstantinou's name on it Kokkali should ring him and say "get the F*** out of the stadium now!". If we play 4-5-1 like Crazy is predicting and Lua Lua is up front on his own then our formation is, in essence, 4-6-0 and we are asking for a raping! If we play 4-4-2 and Lemoni picks Kovacevic ahead of Mihali then he proves that he knows nothing about football and should also get shown the door! Along with Castillo, Konstantinou was out best player in the CL last year, how can he just drop him for some 74 year old bum???

This Lazio is the worst Italian team to ever enter the CL, if we don't win this then everything the whole board should leave!!!

My prediction on our formation is based on newspapers and reporters that follow the team,i dont have any deeper inshight unfortunately.The only explenation about Kovasevic pick over Konstantinou is that the serbian player in the game with Pao and in the friendly games and at practice seems to always get the ball in the opponents area from high and low crosses.He seems to read the play of the ball better and always getting it/wining it.In more plain words "Magnitizei ti mpala".Starting with an 4-5-1 or 4-6-0 as my friend Dude said is not a bad idea since we had played as a team only one official game in the last 2 months and it is not the time to experiment with a more open 4-4-2.Now if 20-30 minutes go by and the game calls for more advancement/attacking Lemonis can use Kovasevic,Konstantinou or Nunez and press high.It is the first game for our CL campaign this year and a good result in an empty stadium :tdown: can really benefit our team.I just feel really uncertain as to what to expect from our boys.I fear for the worse BUT always hope for the best.Again this year we are the underdog so nobody really has any fear or respect for us so we have a change to go out and prove them wrong.One thing that i disagree is with the notion that Lazio is not such a great team.My friend any italian team is better and stronger than most if not all greek teams so demanding a victory is a little to much.Dont get me wrong,i want Osfp to win but thinking that the game is going or has to be easy is just an illusion.

i'm not a fan of olympiakos, but i NEVER(*) support them in europe. i think olympiakos may surprise this year, where there is absolutely no pressure/expectations.

the italian newspapers claim that lazio's 19 year old 'keeper from uruguay, muslera, will start the match. 19 years old and in the C.L.....looks like a huge advantage for olympiakos.

pes ta re aekaki....

i completely(*) agree with u...

i think they FINALLY (took them !85 yearz), understood how a GREEK team should play in europe... like pao.... :ph34r:

+ they will b pushed by the government in order to keep the majority of the greek voters happy....

lemons is the new nat hero... as 4 the players galleto, kulakula,and kotadinu will hvee their own monumant at psstlimani....

one thing for sure....

THA MAS PRIXETE TA PAPAKIA;....

therefor i belive a win or at least a tie....

i dont knowabout a qualification.... quite hard BUT....

eventually ull get there, IN THIS LIFETIME....

coca-lis will clone 11 times ronaldinio if he has too...

by the way, its my birtday today (i thought u were playin wed).... lets see how many candles i will blow.... 1 2 3 4 or maybe 5....

imsaying that bec with the things i write in here... I CANT B OLDER THAN THAT....

i'm not a fan of olympiakos, but i always support them in europe. i think olympiakos may surprise this year, where there is absolutely no pressure/expectations.

the italian newspapers claim that lazio's 19 year old 'keeper from uruguay, muslera, will start the match. 19 years old and in the C.L.....looks like a huge advantage for olympiakos.

If the stadium was packed and the atmosphere hot then yes a 19 year old keeper may feel the pressure, but in an empty stadium against a team that doesn't exactly have any sort of "aura" he'll probably cope just fine. However you're right to highlight this as a possible weakness. It would be good to have a couple of men in front of him at corners, etc, to see if he can cope.

Archived