Phantis Forums

Friendlys

HOLLYWOOD

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless they get a new RB I hope that Vyntra stays because he is a solution from that side.

It would be nice though if we could have a reunion and also invite Seitaridis and Kyriakos in it. Wouldn't that be nice?

And also what's going on with Darlas? Is he really injured?Why don't I see any reports of his condition? Do you think there could be something else going on? He is not being mentioned as a solution from the left wing. They say that we are only left with leontiou.

Bottomline, is with all missing players the team that played against Lazio reminded a bit of the old PAO the one we are all proud of and enjoy watching. I'm really optimistic about this new season.

Unless they get a new RB I hope that Vyntra stays because he is a solution from that side.

It would be nice though if we could have a reunion and also invite Seitaridis and Kyriakos in it. Wouldn't that be nice?

And also what's going on with Darlas? Is he really injured?Why don't I see any reports of his condition? Do you think there could be something else going on? He is not being mentioned as a solution from the left wing. They say that we are only left with leontiou.

Bottomline, is with all missing players the team that played against Lazio reminded a bit of the old PAO the one we are all proud of and enjoy watching. I'm really optimistic about this new season.

At this present moment in time, Seitaridis, and in particular Kyriakos are among Europe's best defenders, no way are they going back to PAO.

At this present moment in time, Seitaridis, and in particular Kyriakos are among Europe's best defenders, no way are they going back to PAO.
I'll go on record here saying that I don't want Seitaridis back. His last year at PAO he played like crap. No heart, no fight, and showed he did not care for our team. Most people seem to think of the few good runs he had down the right, but forget the times he was caught out of position, or his horrid crossing that rarely found a green head.

I don't want to turn this into a Seitaridis debate, but just wanted to state one descending opinion.

As for Kyriakos, he would be a great addition, but like Dude said, it won't happen. With the new system we play though where our CB's need to slide to cover for the pushing FBs we need more agile players at CB. This new guy looks like the right fit, and Goumas has really impressed me in the few friendlies so far. With Morris back, we only need one more body for insurance. Vintra tries hard, and I think he plays better at CB than RB, but he still needs to improve a lot.

As Athinaios said. we can't be contenders unless we make it really hard for other teams to score. It's still preseason, but the trend of allowing two goals per game needs to stop before we see the end of the tunnel. We've shown much improvement, but there is still a lot of work to be done.

Well I watched the first half and if this game is any indication, like I said before, our team will be the best you've seen in quite some time. I especially loved the way they were moving the ball around quickly. It shows good communication and was actually fun to watch! However I don't think Salpigidis in that position is effective. I remember watching him w/ the NT in the Olympics and he was pretty much on the right wing. I thought he was one of the better players. Down the middle though, no it doesn't work because its easy to cover him. I wonder if Pap down the middle would work. He's usually on the left but his problem is he tries to do too much. Why not put him in a position where he might feel like he has less to do? More oppotunity to just score as opposed to deliver? At any rate I'm hoping to see Mantzios start soon. Lots of potential with this guy. And Leontiou is just getting better and better!

ya i read that today. possibilities include an appeal for him tp play the first game and prob get served afterwards or EPO can choose not to acknowledge the red card but with some sort of backlash.

eitherway, not only was the red card not merited but it makes pao lose a 3rd important player after seric and ivan. oh morris too. looks like we will play with half our startign squad against olym. no excuse if ofsp doesnt win.

what interest does lazio have in salpis red card?

why are they insisting that it should count in the derby against frinos?

the truth is they dont have anything to gain. but frinos does!

another thing is if the card should count then the ref should have been from a neutreal country.

its complete bullshit. a red card in a friendly for a minor challenge where the first thing salpi touched was the ball. all be it from the side. he still did find it. i dont know why he would of given a red card on a play in a friendly. i have seen much worse infractions and the player got a yellow and the ref would tell the manager to remove hime from the game. i dont see what the refs purpose was with a red card. Lazio were the rougher team and if salpis card stands then uefa should do something about the racist chants towards Ndoye.

Those freakin "reporters" don't know jack... They don't bother to explain WHY.... What's the rule? It's absurd that a player get a card in a friendly, on foreign soil, can't play in Greece! Salpi must play against Oly.

It looks like Salpi will miss the derby. That's too bad because he is a proven scorer in big games. In all fairness, he should know better. He chased that Italian guy all over the field and undertook a reckless tackle. I think the ref saw him on a couple of fights before and was watching him. He should have known better, he is an experienced player. The game calmed down after that, but the ref should had red carded a couple of Italian players prior to that play.

I knew the rule, but I thought it only applied to international games. I did not know that it counted on domestic ones as well.

Yeah, the reporters are ignorant of the rules and mislead the fans with their on-air speculations.

It looks like Salpi will miss the derby. That's too bad because he is a proven scorer in big games. In all fairness, he should know better. He chased that Italian guy all over the field and undertook a reckless tackle. I think the ref saw him on a couple of fights before and was watching him. He should have known better, he is an experienced player. The game calmed down after that, but the ref should had red carded a couple of Italian players prior to that play.

I knew the rule, but I thought it only applied to international games. I did not know that it counted on domestic ones as well.

Yeah, the reporters are ignorant of the rules and mislead the fans with their on-air speculations.

Imo its a bullshit decision to ban him for the derby. It wasnt a violent or dangerous tackle. Its a disappointment not to have Greece's best players on show in the derby over something as silly as that.

the tackle really isnt the important part i dont feel - sure its not a red card, but also i dont understand how Salpiggidis now has to miss an official LEAGUE game from a friendly with a red card?

So Salpiggidis is banned 3 games?????

(Atromitos, Catania, OSFP???)

FIFA really are a bunch of fags. this should be the superleagues decision.

the tackle really isnt the important part i dont feel - sure its not a red card, but also i dont understand how Salpiggidis now has to miss an official LEAGUE game from a friendly with a red card?

I understand the idea behind a ban standing in competitive competition otherwise a player can do what he wants. Go and bite someones nose off because the red card won't stand. So it was basically invented to prevent violent play in friendlies, but the authorities should also use common sense. It wasnt a red card and it shouldnt stand.

I think under the circumstances, Salpi should miss the next friendly game! ;)

I wish our management was more pro-active and with more guts.... They should never had allowed the team to play that Rizoupoli game and should not have stood by when Oly's punishment was reversed (including the points, etc...)

the tackle really isnt the important part i dont feel - sure its not a red card, but also i dont understand how Salpiggidis now has to miss an official LEAGUE game from a friendly with  a red card?

I understand the idea behind a ban standing in competitive competition otherwise a player can do what he wants. Go and bite someones nose off because the red card won't stand. So it was basically invented to prevent violent play in friendlies, but the authorities should also use common sense. It wasnt a red card and it shouldnt stand.
yes im not against red cards affecting the next game so much to enforce dicipline - but the point is PAO plays Atromitos AND Catania before OSFP --- that isnt the NEXT game...that would imply the ban is worth at least 3 matches??? isnt that a tad excessive????

or does that mean a red card at any point in the preseason friendlies means an auto miss the first match of your league, because thats ###### retarted.

and in latest friendly news, a 1-0 loss to Atromtitos.... anybody else notice our teams total lack of offensive ability this preseason??? Papadopoulos, Salpiggidis, and Karagkounis have been sub-par...Mantzios has been decent, and Ninis i think it was obvious enough on the disgraceful performance with Lausanne FC only putting 2-0 against an absolutley miserable side.... we are headed for a 1-1 with Gay-ros

at best im sad to say....

question: why are we still bothering playing Katranas and Tsitsis??? these guys are good youngsters but nowhere near ready for the big league and first team yet, the fact that theyve outplayed in minutes many first team players in preseason is absolutley ridiculous!

also Salpiggidis played - so he gets a red card last game and can play in all other friendlys except for the first official game? what kind of rule is this?

and in latest friendly news, a 1-0 loss to Atromtitos.... anybody else notice our teams total lack of offensive ability this preseason??? Papadopoulos, Salpiggidis, and Karagkounis have been sub-par...Mantzios has been decent, and Ninis i think it was obvious enough on the disgraceful performance with Lausanne FC only putting 2-0 against an absolutley miserable side.... we are headed for a 1-1 with Gay-ros

at best im sad to say....

question: why are we still bothering playing Katranas and Tsitsis??? these guys are good youngsters but nowhere near ready for the big league and first team yet, the fact that theyve outplayed in minutes many first team players in preseason is absolutley ridiculous!

also Salpiggidis played - so he gets a red card last game and can play in all other friendlys except for the first official game? what kind of rule is this?

Suspensions only count for official games re file, otherwise PAO could have just arranged another friendly after Atromitos and Catania and the suspension would have been served. This rule isn't the problem, the fact that the red card stood is ridiculous though.

And I totally agree with you about PAO's defence. In all honesty its still an area I think PAO need to buy a player in. A proper creative goalscorer to partner Salpi. A Rivaldo type player. If there isnt anyone available why not take Samaras on loan? He's more of a goal threat than Papadopoulos.

we were fantastic in the first half even though we played with 5 players that will barely see any playing time this season. Karnezis looked shaky and should of handled the ball on the goal. Tsitsis looked good in the first half hour but got tired and couldnt keep track of the defending aspect of his game. Katranas looks good but is a little nervous with the ball at his feet. dimoutsos is full of talent but holds the ball too much. overall considering the lads played over 70 minutes before the more experienced players came in i think it was a solid effort.

Ndoye once again played a great game. he is fast, tough and full of skill.

i think that vyntra on the right and nilsson on the left was a mistake in the second half. All the atromitos attacking efforts came from the right side and in the second half with vyntra there, we got weaker.

i really liked Big Joe and Nilsson yesterday.

Considering that we have 4 major players on the disabled list, i think it might be a little tough in the early part of the season but all that will dissappear with a win against OSFP.

BY THE WAY, FOR THOS EINTERESTED THE SEVILLA AEK GAME WILL BE TELEVISED WITH SUPESPORT TOMORROW at 21h45 gr.

Did today's match end 2-1 - I missed the end

The team looked awesome from minute 55-80 - N'Doye was an animal and very calm even though he got hacked couple of times

Kara looked good and he helped as the ball was flying all over the park

Dimoutsos is a little spark plug himself

Looked good

:box:

Archived